Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:28:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying btc from the uk  (Read 539 times)
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 04:36:01 PM

Ive been using localbitcoins to do my buying but im consistantly being charged £10 over market price. is there somewhere else that i can buy btc for spot price? Nowhere seems to deal with uk bank accounts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:55:55 PM

Ive been using localbitcoins to do my buying but im consistantly being charged £10 over market price. is there somewhere else that i can buy btc for spot price? Nowhere seems to deal with uk bank accounts.

You can try https://bittylicious.com/ not sure of their charges but I know they do faster payments and are very quick
Caesium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:57:38 PM

https://bitbargain.co.uk/ as well, lots of sellers on there will do UK bank account transfers

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:30:07 PM

Bittylicious, Bitbargain, Localbitcoins, they'll all have a premium. Sometimes a horrific one.

Coinbase and Coinfloor both have GBP exchange markets but you have to send your money to EU banks so transfer fees might eat up anything you're saving.

There's lazycoins who claimed to have faster banking. I don't see how they've managed to keep it. I know nothing about them and haven't seen any reviews plus it seems their site's offline.

Other than that Britain is not the ideal country to be buying it in. You could keep an eye on bittybot.co.uk and see if some deals pop up. Don't buy from igot.

It's worth keeping a careful eye on non exchange prices. When the price is going up they slap on stupid premiums. When it's flat or falling the prices have been less than the exchanges but only a handful of times.
emelac

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:57:43 PM

You can find a list of Bitcoin ATM locations in the UK at the following link. They all charge a fee to buy Bitcoins, and you would have to check if it's more than you are currently paying. However, some of them accept (and dispense) cash so you don't need to worry about problems with banks closing your account for Bitcoin related transactions.

http://www.wheretospendbitcoins.co.uk/bitcoin-atms-in-the-uk
yeponlyone

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 02:54:13 AM

For what are you charged 10 punds over market price for...? If you make one big purchase, you probably could live with the £10 extra.

Also, perhaps it's a matter of competition. I do not know how many sellers there are at localbitcoins in the UK, but I see a great business opportunity for Brits by offering BTC for less extra.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 02:56:47 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2015, 03:14:51 AM by gentlemand

For what are you charged 10 punds over market price for...? If you make one big purchase, you probably could live with the £10 extra.

Also, perhaps it's a matter of competition. I do not know how many sellers there are at localbitcoins in the UK, but I see a great business opportunity for Brits by offering BTC for less extra.

There's no uk exchange with an actual uk bank account. People in the EU and US can often get cash on their local exchanges the same day. The UK to the same places takes several days usually. Even the exchanges based here have to bank in europe. Tis a disgrace. Most can't be bothered to wait hence they'll pay a premium.
BitcoinXio

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 04:22:00 PM

Here are several exchanges based in the UK to buy bitcoins from http://bitcoinx.io/exchanges/?tag=united-kingdom

titulng

Activity: 484

HubrisOne

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 02:57:24 AM

btc/gbp trading, good price and low gap https://www.lakebtc.com/deposits/new?currency=gbp

deposit and withdrawal wthis domestic bank transfer

◆

▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄▄            ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██       ██      ██       ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄      ██      ▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄        ▀██▄     ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀       ██      ██       ██              ██               ██      ██      ██              ██▀       ▀██         ██▄    ██      ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██      ██       ██      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀      ██      ▐██▄▄▄▄        ▐█           █▌      █▄ ▀██   ██      ██▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██      ██       ██      ██▀▀▀▀▀██        ██▀▀▀▀▀▀        ██        ▀▀▀▀██▄      ▐█           █▌      ██   ██▄ ██      ██▀▀▀▀
██       ██      ██       ██      ██      ██       ██   ▄▄         ██             ▐█▌     ▐█▄         ▄█▌      ██    ▀█▄██      ██
██       ██       ██▄   ▄██       ██     ▄█▀       ██    ▀█▄       ██            ▄██       ▀██▄▄   ▄▄██▀       ██     ▀███      ██
██       ██        ▀▀███▀▀        ████████▀        ██      ▀█      ██      ███████▀           ▀▀███▀▀          ██       ██      ██████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WP

Indacoin

Activity: 459

https://indacoin.com/

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 07:08:15 AM

pm if you want to buy btc with a UK debit/credit card, we ll provide you a special offer on our website
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: