Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:54:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk User Joust, attempted to scam my Sig campaign.  (Read 2318 times)
Rmcdermott927 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 03:35:46 PM

What happened::

Joust was a Sr. member in my sig campaign for plinkopot.   He was attempting to get paid for posts he never made.  His last payment in my campaign was on 8/23 at post count 429.    He then switched campaigns without telling me at post count 431.   He then sent me an email claiming that he made 75 posts while wearing my sig and asking to get paid.  

I removed my signature after 75 posts, because i knew u would close and i joined coinoindex because there were only a few spots left..

So can u pay me for those or not?

Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=336618

Reference Link:
Enrolled in new campaign on 8/23: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1126158.msg12219623#msg12219623

Additional Notes:

This is just a pretty obvious case of scamming.   He made 2 posts wearing my sig and attempted to get paid for 75.   He even left proof that he was not wearing my sig after 2 posts.

EDIT: He has just admitted it in a PM:

I am sorry, man i need money for my life, gambling broke me down...

Please remove the thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joust

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 03:43:47 PM

Yeah i admitted i am wrong, gambling got me on wrong path.. Now I was getting crazy.

Again I am sorry..

joust

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 03:47:04 PM

Quickseller i didnt scam anyone, i tried it but didnt do it and i regret for it... How can i make it right rncdermotten?

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 03:48:03 PM

It takes a lot to admit fault and wrong doing. At least he is doing that. Sounds like he just made a bad choice and is not like your typical scammer that disappears never to be heard from again.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 03:48:04 PM

Quickseller i didnt scam anyone, i tried it but didnt do it and i regret for it... How can i make it right rncdermotten?
You tried to scam. Anyone considering to deal with you should be warned that you have a history of a scam attempt
joust

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 03:49:12 PM

It takes a lot to admit fault and wrong doing. At least he is doing that. Sounds like he just made a bad choice and is not like your typical scammer that disappears never to be heard from again.
Thank you for understanding my situation, i will do everything to make this right.. So tell me what to do?

everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 03:51:17 PM

You tried to scam. Anyone considering to deal with you should be warned that you have a history of a scam attempt

Hey QS i guess a neutral warning would be fine rather than a negative one , if you really wanna warn others about him , just leave a neutral warning.

he at least realized his mistake , gambling has taken much life .

If you had a Jr.Member account then i guess you would not gave this apology , anyways , lets see what OP says.

Rmcdermott927 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 03:52:35 PM

Thank you for understanding my situation, i will do everything to make this right.. So tell me what to do?

It's not about making things right with me.   It's about making things right with yourself.   Any addiction WILL take over your life.   I have struggled with similar issues in the past.    Get yourself some help before it ruins your life worse than just harming your reputation on an internet forum.    I will remove my feedback as I do legitimately feel sorry for you.   It is up to the others if they wish to do the same.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 03:58:07 PM

Hey QS i guess a neutral warning would be fine rather than a negative one , if you really wanna warn others about him , just leave a neutral warning.

I'm going to side with QS on this. I think that the joust deserves the negative trust. You broke your end of an agreement by switching to another signature campaign before the period was after, after which you try to get paid for something you don't deserve. He even had the nerve to ask to be paid for more posts than he made. joust also admitted to be a gambling addict, so you shouldn't trust this user with any money. Ever.

Realizing your mistake doesn't change the situation. If I (tried to) scammed people out of their BTC and admitted and apologized for doing so, it wouldn't make it right. It shows that I'm a bad person and that I shouldn't be trusted with someone's money.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
everaja

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 04:03:47 PM

joust also admitted to be a gambling addict, so you shouldn't trust this user with any money. Ever.

I can see that , even a neutral trust with a warning can do that work.
Gambling addiction is worst even i have been gone through it , now feels better , don't run behind bits but behind talent.
Anyways all depends on POV.

Rmcdermott927 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 04:10:28 PM

I'm going to side with QS on this. I think that the joust deserves the negative trust. You broke your end of an agreement by switching to another signature campaign before the period was after, after which you try to get paid for something you don't deserve. He even had the nerve to ask to be paid for more posts than he made. joust also admitted to be a gambling addict, so you shouldn't trust this user with any money. Ever.

Realizing your mistake doesn't change the situation. If I (tried to) scammed people out of their BTC and admitted and apologized for doing so, it wouldn't make it right. It shows that I'm a bad person and that I shouldn't be trusted with someone's money.

While I agree with the first part of your statement, I don't agree with the second part.   I do not think he is a bad person.   Addiction makes you do things that you would normally not do.  As I said before, I have struggled with other addictions in my life in the past and did some things that I never would have done otherwise.   I am not a bad person, far from it.   

joust

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 04:11:27 PM

It's not about making things right with me.   It's about making things right with yourself.   Any addiction WILL take over your life.   I have struggled with similar issues in the past.    Get yourself some help before it ruins your life worse than just harming your reputation on an internet forum.    I will remove my feedback as I do legitimately feel sorry for you.   It is up to the others if they wish to do the same.
Thank you for removing negative trust, i hope QS will do this also and make it a neutral trust warning, anyways, I am looking for some proffesional help on this. Anyone has had experience with this?

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 04:19:34 PM

While I agree with the first part of your statement, I don't agree with the second part.   I do not think he is a bad person.   Addiction makes you do things that you would normally not do.  As I said before, I have struggled with other addictions in my life in the past and did some things that I never would have done otherwise.   I am not a bad person, far from it.    
fact remains that joust may have claimed addiction as an excuse to try to get out of this situation seeing as how he asked you to remove this thread with admitting that to you via pm. however, in the case that he is telling the truth, fact remains that he is an addict, and is liable to try something like this again. as you said yourself, addiction makes you do things you wouldnt do under normal circumstances. im agreeing with QS to keep the -ve on there.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 07:08:25 AM

A neutral trust will do in my opinion rather than a negative one, at least give him a chance since its his first strike. He admitted his mistakes, he admitted his addiction and he is even willing to go around the forum with that negative negative feedback on. If he is a serial scammer, he can easily buy a new account and strike again. But at the end of the day it's QS and EMs decision if those red flags will stay or change. World peace everyone Smiley
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 09:14:47 AM

My vote on neutral trust. Smiley

Come on, give him a chance to improve. Tongue
There should be some difference between a position in which he had scammed OP, and refused to admit it, than this.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1403

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 09:38:49 AM

Siding with negative trust on this. The fact is still that he tried to scam. Another fact is that it seems he admitted this because he was found out and the scam attempt was unsuccessful , it will not be like this if he wasnt found out . Also the reason behind this scam attempt is pretty much weird, addicted to something doesnt mean that it will be a reason for you to commit a crime or whatsoever

P.S : Even candystripes admitted his mistakes before by making a thread and public apology but still the negative trust remain so there is no point in putting neutral for this user

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 01:21:33 PM

If QS removes his negative trust, I'll add a negative trust myself as I totally agree with what arallmuus says. Admitting because people found out that you scammed/wanted to scam, doesn't mean you deserve a negative trust. You aren't trustworthy and thus deserve a nice red.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
GannickusX

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:35:51 PM

If QS removes his negative trust, I'll add a negative trust myself as I totally agree with what arallmuus says. Admitting because people found out that you scammed/wanted to scam, doesn't mean you deserve a negative trust. You aren't trustworthy and thus deserve a nice red.

Yep and with the red trust people can see it better, at least newbies since it appears in red, the neutral one wont appear unless you go to his profile and then to trust.
Der Tod

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 09:00:09 PM

now OP try to buy a new full member account
joust

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 09:05:35 PM

now OP try to buy a new full member account
What is wrong about that? Am i not allowed to do that?

Where is that rule?

Regards,
Joust

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: