Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:19:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin becomes 100% unregulated in Japan!!!  (Read 3974 times)
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:28:34 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/tokyo-court-bitcoin-not-subject-to-ownership-2/

Judge Masumi Kurachi ruled that, due to their intangible nature and reliance on third parties, bitcoins cannot be covered under existing law.

This is quite awesome. Set up exchanges, set up payment processors, set up whatever you want with Bitcoin in Japan. It is not covered under the law.

I think that this is not a good choice and good thing for bitcoin. Because in this way bitcoin can be subject of speculation and misuse of it. The best it would be to be regulated and to be under law equally to the other subjects under law. Equally to yen. In this way can be more trust on it even from the simple people.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zero01

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 03:07:32 AM

Judge Masumi Kurachi ruled that, due to their intangible nature and reliance on third parties, bitcoins cannot be covered under existing law.

This is quite awesome. Set up exchanges, set up payment processors, set up whatever you want with Bitcoin in Japan. It is not covered under the law.

I think that this is not a good choice and good thing for bitcoin. Because in this way bitcoin can be subject of speculation and misuse of it. The best it would be to be regulated and to be under law equally to the other subjects under law. Equally to yen. In this way can be more trust on it even from the simple people.
that's right, the same as the previous quote, which states that if there are no rules in using bitcoin, bitcoin can be used for things that are negative, such as drug deals
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 05:08:21 AM

I don't know if I would call this a big victory.  This is one judge saying that a bitcoin case won't be recognized by the court.  In my opinion, it's slap in the face to bitcoin.  I don't think it sets any sort of precedent as far as bitcoin businesses being sanctioned by the government.  Perhaps the opposite. 

onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 05:32:25 AM

I don't know if I would call this a big victory.  This is one judge saying that a bitcoin case won't be recognized by the court.  In my opinion, it's slap in the face to bitcoin.  I don't think it sets any sort of precedent as far as bitcoin businesses being sanctioned by the government.  Perhaps the opposite. 

imho its what most bitcoiner want: self-responsibility
personally i like that judgement. but you are right in saying that its only one judge.

most countries do have laws which forbid hacking which includes liability for any damage.

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:48:23 AM

and now, let's see if the bitcoin rises again.
yay we have support from japan!

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
JinxCoins

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 10:09:27 AM

Oh wow this is awesome thank for this information.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: