Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:18:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help developing a PoS coin (paid)  (Read 480 times)
protot (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:27:48 PM

Hey all,
Some friends and I are looking for a developer to help with a PoS coin linked to an international free trade zone. Compensation is available, and we would like to have the coin developed by Sept 5th. Any help is greatly appreciated. Email me for more details.

Thanks and keep living the dream!
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Uptrenda

Activity: 114
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:52:17 PM

Hey all,
Some friends and I are looking for a developer to help with a PoS coin linked to an international free trade zone. Compensation is available, and we would like to have the coin developed by Sept 5th. Any help is greatly appreciated. Email me for more details.

Thanks and keep living the dream!

Wait, so that's like 5 days to code a from scratch PoS coin? Seems completely legit.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6505

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 12:12:23 AM

I might be able to do this, but I would like you to answer some questions first.

How much are you willing to pay for this? How exactly will this be linked to an International Free Trade Zone? And lastly is there any coin that you would particularly like to use as a base for this?

protot (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 03:45:13 AM

Wait, so that's like 5 days to code a from scratch PoS coin? Seems completely legit

That's why I put paid in the title. I know no weekend warrior would put themselves under such a time constraint. It's totally legit broseph. If you have questions just ask me.
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:03:45 AM

Please have a look at this:

http://nxt.org/about/monetary-system/

Create a new currency in 2 minutes with the Nxt Monetary System

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:09:08 AM

Or you could fork the Nxt code, it's under gpl v2:

https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/overview

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
Uptrenda

Activity: 114
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:12:39 PM

Wait, so that's like 5 days to code a from scratch PoS coin? Seems completely legit

That's why I put paid in the title. I know no weekend warrior would put themselves under such a time constraint. It's totally legit broseph. If you have questions just ask me.

It isn't possible though. Just the networking component alone would take multiple days to develop. The UI multiple weeks. The proof-of-state code. Countless weeks. Testing this all: getting the software stable - months.

Your expectations are completely unrealistic and can't be met by anyone. The best that anyone is going to be able to do with that time frame is copy and paste some open source crap coin and change a few variables to make it seem more unique. But you seem to want a coin developed from scratch ...

To put this into terms of numbers: the first release of Bitcoin was around 12,111 lines of code and its been said that the average developer can only code 10 lines of well tested / working code per day. While I can't say that my productivity is that bad: lines of code per day are definitely going to be no where near the required 12111 / 5 = 2422.2 which is a pace that could only be met if ALL you did was type code - but programming is a lot more than coding. It's the result of considering every single path of logic, making hundreds of small choices, choosing the right designs and architecture ... countless stuff.  (Yes, I'm aware LoC per day isn't a good productivity metric but it does help outline how ridiculous the OP is.)

Given these problems: the only way to meet your insane requirements is for someone to sell code they’ve already written or to take a crap coin approach and modify it ... and you don't need a developer for either of those things.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6505

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 02:15:30 PM

It isn't possible though. Just the networking component alone would take multiple days to develop. The UI multiple weeks. The proof-of-state code. Countless weeks. Testing this all: getting the software stable - months.

Your expectations are completely unrealistic and can't be met by anyone. The best that anyone is going to be able to do with that time frame is copy and paste some open source crap coin and change a few variables to make it seem more unique. But you seem to want a coin developed from scratch ...

To put this into terms of numbers: the first release of Bitcoin was around 12,111 lines of code and its been said that the average developer can only code 10 lines of well tested / working code per day. While I can't say that my productivity is that bad: lines of code per day are definitely going to be no where near the required 12111 / 5 = 2422.2 which is a pace that could only be met if ALL you did was type code - but programming is a lot more than coding. It's the result of considering every single path of logic, making hundreds of small choices, choosing the right designs and architecture ... countless stuff.  (Yes, I'm aware LoC per day isn't a good productivity metric but it does help outline how ridiculous the OP is.)

Given these problems: the only way to meet your insane requirements is for someone to sell code they’ve already written or to take a crap coin approach and modify it ... and you don't need a developer for either of those things.

And that's why you clone and modify a coin that already exists. Grin

loljosh

Activity: 751
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:35:57 PM

PM me the details. This is my thread link:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=466908.0

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.
SparkedDev

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 09:10:10 PM

Yeah id say use a clone then pay someone to modify it only way your going to get one pumped out that quick.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███