Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:21:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why was that post deleted?  (Read 1284 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 11:59:43 AM

I got a post deleted and already reported that pm, telling me about it, together with the question about what was wrong with that post.

Since i didn't get an answer i would like to ask here again.

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Like others already wrote, you don't need to worry about negative trust from newbies. If you check out established or even trusted accounts then you will find that everyone of them has got negative trust from some forum members. Only thing is that these trust ratings are useless and do no harm. So don't care about it.

I believe i posted it on this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1146912.new#new

So the only thing i can imagine is the first sentence. I wrote yes, don't worry, like the others wrote, then told him that he should check out the profiles of trusted forum members and that everyone of them has red trust from people not on default trust. It's nothing to worry about.

So what's the reason for deleting my post now? The "like others already wrote"? That's standard communication style to take on a communication on a certain point to proceed from there. And even if it would have been deleted for that reason... i could show you numerous threads where all kind of people rehash everything that was said before in an endless line. So that no new info is in there.

Well, it might have been an error, maybe another post should have been deleted but mine was clicked instead or so.

Let me know what happened please.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 10:01:03 PM

7 days without answer and today i got another 2 posts of mine deleted that were completely fine. I can't see anything wrong with them.

So is this a forum bug now or what should i think of that?

To follow that friendly advice to avoid posting things that need to be deleted... please explain.

The posts deleted looked like that:

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

It was moved to the trashcan, I'm looking at it right now. If I had to take a guess, it would be due to the fact that its referal link spam.

I sent him an e-mail asking what happened and he ignored me. When I look at his recent posts, they are all 'This thread has been moved because ...'   but not mine.

That thread is not referral spam. I've never gotten a referral commission from anyone, for anything, for any site.

Mhmmm

My object for this thread:

Teach simple strategies for generating consistent profits trading Coinut-listed options. In the process I will be open to a little bit of hand holding, and fielding any 'dumb' or newbie questions, for the consideration that some might return the favor by using my referral link. (Full transparency: Coinut will pay me 10% of all your future commissions. It doesn't cost you a single satoshi.)

My referral link: https://coinut.com/?r=429

For some background on what I hope to teach you to do, here are my recent results trading Coinut options:

-snip-

Anyway, its up to personal preference, I very rarely leave behind the "this thread has been moved here" post, unless I feel people who go looking for it might miss it. I stand by my original statement.

*lol* I only now realize that it wasn't your "trading forex tutorial" that was deleted. Looks like you have a pattern of creating posts plastered with reflinks then, masking them as tutorials.

This thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1102823.new;topicseen#new is nothing more than numerous reflinks and the info given is practically worthless. You wanted to post the next part and you never went through with it. Some hours later, you said, you wanted to post the next part. And one and a half month later nothing. Even though members asked in the thread for the second part and i even asked you by pm because i wanted to check out forex trading.

So seeing another reflink thread was deleted lets me think you never had the intention of teaching trading actually.

In fact i think the newbie status is different. I mean what does it mean? That this user is not really a member of this community yet. He only came freshly in and he has nothing better to do to ask for a loan? Wheres the legit use case? This is no loan forum, this is a bitcoin forum. So what should we think of users that register only to ask for a loan? I freshly found this forum and i thought i now need a loan?

Once they are a more established member, lets say a jr. member, then it would make sense that they might need a loan that is bitcoin related. But freshly registering and asking for a loan? No, i don't see this happening for a legit reason.

Of course an established member might want a loan and not revealing his main account, but surely he would not have a problem to be active with that new account a bit.

Restricting would simply make it more work for scammers. And probably it would not be worth it anymore then.

It will not work... because a 'newbie' can surely wait to be a Jr. member and after that ask a loan. It is only a question of time , sooner or later he will try to scam the community.

Yes i know. But it would be a completely different level of approach. I mean when you check out the lending section then the only thing a scammer has to do to register an account and post a scam attempt. If he would have to do this with a jr. member then he would have to register, wait 5 weeks and make 30 posts. That's surely a lot of work for a "i might find a stupid person who sends me coins without collateral". I think this particular scam wouldn't work anymore. Too much effort for a too small chance.

When i read my answers then it sounds VERY strange that they were deleted. Is there a new moderator that has his own set of rules or what is going on?

It might be that the edit that grue did on his fake tutorial thread led to some less reflinks inside. But still there are plenty.

Please explain! Or let me know which moderator is deleting my posts so that i can check things out with him via pm.

Thank you!

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 11:13:15 PM

When i read my answers then it sounds VERY strange that they were deleted. Is there a new moderator that has his own set of rules or what is going on?

Has anyone recently been promoted to Mod ? I think, either hilariousandco or mitchell was the last one and they are doing mod stuff for quite some time.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 03:17:16 PM

Has anyone recently been promoted to Mod ? I think, either hilariousandco or mitchell was the last one and they are doing mod stuff for quite some time.

Hm... i don't have trouble with either of them as far as i remember. So i don't think either of them has a problem with me so that it might be an explaination.

Moderators, can someone tell? I'll send badbear a pm in a week otherwise. Really don't understand what is going on.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:19:22 PM

Like others already wrote, you don't need to worry about negative trust from newbies. If you check out established or even trusted accounts then you will find that everyone of them has got negative trust from some forum members. Only thing is that these trust ratings are useless and do no harm. So don't care about it.

I believe i posted it on this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1146912.new#new
I am not sure about your other posts as it is not as clear, however if you are really only repeating what others have said and are not adding any additional information then the post could be off topic.

I can tell you with certainty that it was not a "regular" moderator that deleted any of the posts referenced in this thread because moderators do not have jurisdiction over meta (unless you are a newbie, which you are not). So it would have been either a global moderator or an admin who deleted your posts.

I can also say that the moderation of meta threads is generally much more liberal then the rest of the forum in order to prevent people from being prevented from criticizing the mods/admins/how the forum is run.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 05:59:03 PM

I am not sure about your other posts as it is not as clear, however if you are really only repeating what others have said and are not adding any additional information then the post could be off topic.

I can tell you with certainty that it was not a "regular" moderator that deleted any of the posts referenced in this thread because moderators do not have jurisdiction over meta (unless you are a newbie, which you are not). So it would have been either a global moderator or an admin who deleted your posts.

I can also say that the moderation of meta threads is generally much more liberal then the rest of the forum in order to prevent people from being prevented from criticizing the mods/admins/how the forum is run.

Yes, and i would agree if i would have done so. But i didn't. I only pointed out that others already wrote that he should not fear neg trust from newbies. All the rest was additional info built up on that sentence. And i think it's common communication that you take on a fact stated in a conversation to build up your new info on it.

If we really now would have to take care if we refer to what others wrote before then this would go too far.

Even when... it could be easily circumvented by not using these words and simply repeating. You know these special threads where people ask, for example, how to earn money? There are account farmers posting again and again the same stuff that was posted hundred of times before. A little bit change in wording and voila... a new post.

When moderators really would start to delete this then ok, but i can't imagine this since it would be an enourmous work.

Though i didn't even do that. And the other two posts are even more mysterious to me.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 08:59:10 PM

This slowly is getting strange.

What does the safety of lending have to do with the trading discussion subforum? Moved by (anonymous). Don't see why it should be more appropriate here.

My thread was moved from subforum lending, where i asked about how save lending is at the moment. Absolutely matching i think. And it was moved to "Trading discussion". I don't know what that thread has to do with trading. I think it's pretty displaced there.

But even when you would say that you are not allowed to ask questions about loans in the loans marketplace subforum then it is ridiculous to delete my post asking about if that move is correct.

Sorry but this slowly looks like a supercop is going around. Either that or some mod has something against me. That isn't normal i think. I never had anything like that happing in the last months or even years.

Can it be that a new moderator is tested without announcing it? Someone who thinks he must show how law and order he can act? And why anonymous? If the mod stays behind his action then he might as well claim who he is.

I wonder if it does happen to others or if they only don't enabled the option to get notified about all moderations.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 09:13:28 PM

That last one was reported by me, and it was correct for whoever deleted it to delete it.

The moderation of threads or the forum is automatically off topic unless the thread is in meta. If you want to question why a post was deleted (as you are doing now), or why a thread was moved (as you were doing in the thread in question), then you should create a new thread in meta.

To answer your question regarding why your thread was moved, it is because you had created it in the incorrect section (there are many similar threads incorrectly created in the lending section). You should create a thread in Lending if you wish to take out a BTC loan, or to give/make BTC loans, any other thread created in that section is in the incorrect section. Your thread was moved to Trading Discussion because it was discussing best trading (lending) practices which is something that should be discussed in Trading Discussion

The moderation of threads is often kept anon in order to prevent users from harassing the moderators when action is taken against them. Although there are a few moderators who will sometimes notify users the reason why action was taken against them (sometimes by automated means and sometimes via a manual PM/post)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 10:31:17 AM

That last one was reported by me, and it was correct for whoever deleted it to delete it.

The moderation of threads or the forum is automatically off topic unless the thread is in meta. If you want to question why a post was deleted (as you are doing now), or why a thread was moved (as you were doing in the thread in question), then you should create a new thread in meta.

To answer your question regarding why your thread was moved, it is because you had created it in the incorrect section (there are many similar threads incorrectly created in the lending section). You should create a thread in Lending if you wish to take out a BTC loan, or to give/make BTC loans, any other thread created in that section is in the incorrect section. Your thread was moved to Trading Discussion because it was discussing best trading (lending) practices which is something that should be discussed in Trading Discussion

The moderation of threads is often kept anon in order to prevent users from harassing the moderators when action is taken against them. Although there are a few moderators who will sometimes notify users the reason why action was taken against them (sometimes by automated means and sometimes via a manual PM/post)

Ok, when those are the rules then fine. Though i would not agree with them. I mean when i go to a real world market then i don't only are allowed to be there when i want to sell or to buy something. I very well can go there and ask a question. And it would be the best place to ask a question related to that specific type of market.

Anyway... when the mods think it must be that way then ok.

I don't think a lending question has much to do with trading. If the subforums are for offers only then i wonder if the general marketplace subforum wouldn't match more. But be it. If the rules are that way...

Okay, then let's leave that moderation aside. The other posts still are strange. I mean in one post i posted in a thread where someone was complaining because his thread was deleted because it was plastered with reflinks. I knew that user before because he posted a fake tutorial for forex trading, giving practically zero knowledge but having it plastered with reflinks. Not reacting on my requests on bringing out part two that was promised the same day.

So i had to assume that it is his way of earning some money, with fake tutorials. Now that post was deleted. I wonder what that means. There was nothing wrong with it. I hope there is no moderator with a conflict of interests. But when there really nothing changed in the last time then at least it's a bit strange.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: