Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:54:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC investment  (Read 2101 times)
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:09:24 PM

Hi LeonardoFibonacci, i think some forum user you what to say, one Bitcoin is not much to invest, but beware that gambling can lose it fast. If you do not need that Bitcoin you can trade, if you are unsure save it.

Greetings.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LeonardoFibonacci (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:01:28 PM

Hm . . .
Hardware wallets sound nice and simple . . .

Has anyone tried HW.1?

Trezor seems a bit pricey . . .

If you are going for hardware wallet I would not let price be the main concern.  

If you don't like trezor look at btc wallets that can use YubiKey.

OMГ!
The things just started being complicated again . . .
:O

I really cannot understand the system of random generated passwords . . .
How does that thing works, when the password is random every time?!

I don't know anymore . . .

I think, I'll just go with regular Unix bootable flash disk . . .

Cry
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 06:55:59 PM

Hm . . .
Hardware wallets sound nice and simple . . .

Has anyone tried HW.1?

Trezor seems a bit pricey . . .

If you are going for hardware wallet I would not let price be the main concern.  

If you don't like trezor look at btc wallets that can use YubiKey.

OMГ!
The things just started being complicated again . . .

I really cannot understand the system of random generated passwords . . .
How does that thing works, when the password is random every time?!

I don't know anymore . . .

I think, I'll just go with regular Unix bootable flash disk . . .

Cry

There is a heck of lot of options.   Yubikey has a neat feature that you can use it not just on BTC wallet.   

I think you can't go wrong as long as you use cold storage, and preform making it properly.  But Hot wallets do have their place aswell.
LeonardoFibonacci (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 09:50:07 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 11:45:50 PM by LeonardoFibonacci

I found Ledger wallet really easy to use, according to the online videos, at least . . .
But, do you guys find it safe?
It comes at about 50EUR, with shipping for Serbia.
That is reasonable for me to invest in a wallet . . .
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 03:52:40 PM

I found Ledger wallet really easy to use, according to the online videos, at least . . .
But, do you guys find it safe?
It comes at about 50EUR, with shipping for Serbia.
That is reasonable for me to invest in a wallet . . .

Why not if you have a budget to purchase a HW(of course for store big amounts) and have some btc for vacation Cheesy
I also for the future want to purchase a HW.
vishwaratna

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 04:16:18 PM

First of all try to get a clear cut distinction between what is investment and what is ponzi..
All investments are not ponzis but all ponzis are investments..
Try to get a clear thought in it before you do anything with your btcs..
Best of luck

╲╲ ╲╲ COINOMAT.COM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
╱╱ ╱╱ First Instant Crypto Exchange                              Sign Up Now!                    Visit our Facebook & Twitter
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 04:19:20 PM

First of all try to get a clear cut distinction between what is investment and what is ponzi..
Best of luck

Look at ROI rate or price.  If they are super low prices (especially things like cloud mining) then there is a good chance of ponzi.  If you have a investment that promises tons of ROI really quick.. chances are ponzi.

I think common sense comes into the decision alot.
vishwaratna

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 04:22:32 PM

Best of luck

Look at ROI rate or price.  If they are super low prices (especially things like cloud mining) then there is a good chance of ponzi.  If you have a investment that promises tons of ROI really quick.. chances are ponzi.

Not able to get what u r saying..I think you ate saying the same thing in two ways ..just you are pointingbponzis in both the sense..right??

╱╱ ╱╱ First Instant Crypto Exchange                              Sign Up Now!                    Visit our Facebook & Twitter
vishwaratna

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 04:23:26 PM

*pointing ponzis

Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 05:23:22 PM

Best of luck

You got the point, exactly. First thing you must check if you want to invest in some company is look at their license, place(if exist or not), and the testimony.

Maybe notlist means if company offer big roi(something shit about big profit) is big chance to their used ponzi scheme and reversal, actually always like that .
yummyransom

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 03:08:58 PM

If it is for a "investment" where long term storage, and you are not going to spend them.  I highly suggest cold storage.  It's just safest way.

The decision really lies if you plan on spending them and need quick access.  Or if you plan on holding.
You're definitely right. If you want to invest then hold your bitcoins. Don't spend them.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 07:23:05 PM

Best of luck

If you're going to invest, you need to evaluate the business itself. 99.99% of the people here throw their money blindly at anything and everything, then claim "scam" after, when it was an obvious scam to begin with. If someone has to ask what a good investment is, they shouldn't be investing.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 02:31:03 AM

Best of luck

If you're going to invest, you need to evaluate the business itself. 99.99% of the people here throw their money blindly at anything and everything, then claim "scam" after, when it was an obvious scam to begin with. If someone has to ask what a good investment is, they shouldn't be investing.

This thread has gone on far to long my quote is from April Smiley.   But you should do lot's of research and evaluation.   

With cloud mining look for concrete information they even have miners, most cand even do this.  We have seen some that are photo shopped pics to make data centers.  There is a famous one where every blue rack looks exactly the same, they were copied and pasted.   

I agree sadly some throw money before looking into it at all.  This should never happen but it does.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 03:43:05 AM

Best of luck

This thread has gone on far to long my quote is from April Smiley.   But you should do lot's of research and evaluation.   

With cloud mining look for concrete information they even have miners, most cand even do this.  We have seen some that are photo shopped pics to make data centers.  There is a famous one where every blue rack looks exactly the same, they were copied and pasted.   

I agree sadly some throw money before looking into it at all.  This should never happen but it does.

Cloud mining, by its very nature, is going to cause a loss of funds. Whether the company is legitimate or not doesn't even matter. The math speaks for itself. You will not ROI with cloud mining. It doesn't matter what company. It doesn't matter how much you throw at it. You've lost the second you pay.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: