Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:32:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] sp20e in hosting Washington (closed)  (Read 478 times)
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 10:13:47 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2015, 01:04:17 PM by squall1066

Hiya, I got a unit I would like to sell, it has been in hosing in washington with toomin bros.

I also paid the $120 for a PSU, so it should come with it.

But please note, One of the chip has gone bad and it not running at full capacity (this as handy for me a it lowerd wattage and temp)

The hosting has been paid up till 10/28/2015 23:00:00. <washington DC time.

So still just under two months hosting!!!

I have had conformation I can sell and to let them know the details, As all ways I am happy to accept escrow, I would prefer sebastianju.

As for price, a fully working one goes for just under two coins now, It should have the PSU I paid for,
and two months hosting, Shoot me a price based on this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 02:40:59 PM

How much is hosting where it is?

Go Big or Go Home.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:06:53 PM

tho it's not using 1.08Kwh now, it's using 994w so look at price in the second colum (rate per Kwh/month)
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:14:07 PM

Thank you, but that sp20 at that speed should be pulling a lot less. Sure it's not shorting out on that bad die?

Go Big or Go Home.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 10:06:38 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2015, 10:27:56 PM by squall1066

Thank you, but that sp20 at that speed should be pulling a lot less. Sure it's not shorting out on that bad die?

no idea, As it is in hosting , I dont have remote access to it, I will ask, They did say they would redistribute settings across the unit, I'm guessing this is what they meant.

EDIT, this is the reply I got.

You have 7 ASICs remaining. Since you paid for a certain amount of power, I reconfigured your machine so that it continues to use about the same amount of power despite having 1 fewer ASIC. In other words, I reallocated the power budget for the bad ASIC among the remaining ASICs. The higher the power supplied to each ASIC, the higher the hashrate. However, you get diminishing returns from adding power. That is, the higher the power supplied to each ASIC, the less efficient that ASIC is. When a Rockerbox ASIC is at its lowest power level, it might take 0.65 W to add 1 GH/s of performance. When a Rockerbox ASIC is close to its maximum power, it takes about 2 W to add 1 GH/s of performance. Your ASICs are now close to maximum power, which is why you aren't getting the same hashrate as before even though it's using about the same amount of power.
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 12:11:13 AM

no idea, As it is in hosting , I dont have remote access to it, I will ask, They did say they would redistribute settings across the unit, I'm guessing this is what they meant.

EDIT, this is the reply I got.

You have 7 ASICs remaining. Since you paid for a certain amount of power, I reconfigured your machine so that it continues to use about the same amount of power despite having 1 fewer ASIC. In other words, I reallocated the power budget for the bad ASIC among the remaining ASICs. The higher the power supplied to each ASIC, the higher the hashrate. However, you get diminishing returns from adding power. That is, the higher the power supplied to each ASIC, the less efficient that ASIC is. When a Rockerbox ASIC is at its lowest power level, it might take 0.65 W to add 1 GH/s of performance. When a Rockerbox ASIC is close to its maximum power, it takes about 2 W to add 1 GH/s of performance. Your ASICs are now close to maximum power, which is why you aren't getting the same hashrate as before even though it's using about the same amount of power.

How can you be profitable at that high KwH price? THat's like $0.14 per Kwh. Might as well host it yourself.

I'd have run the miner downclocked at like 1.1TH which should have pulled quite a bit less.

Also not sure what they mean but when you have a bad asic/die on an SP20 it simply did NOT use power. I have had MANY SP20's and when I was messign with the settings and had a die out of spec or off, the overall wattage went down as the hash rate did due to the bad die/asic not working and using power.

1080watts opn an SP20 should have gotten you about 1550GH/s in normal operation.

I was thinking of maybe getting this miner if cheap enough to keep at that colo, but going by their price it's way too high.

Whoever buys this, can make money if they properly downclock the miner and disable bad asic/die and know what they are doing with it's tuning. Also make sure it's not shorting out anywhere as that could explain the wattage draw which should just not be happening.

Good luck on your sale.

Go Big or Go Home.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:10:33 AM

How can you be profitable at that high KwH price? THat's like $0.14 per Kwh. Might as well host it yourself.

I'd have run the miner downclocked at like 1.1TH which should have pulled quite a bit less.

Also not sure what they mean but when you have a bad asic/die on an SP20 it simply did NOT use power. I have had MANY SP20's and when I was messign with the settings and had a die out of spec or off, the overall wattage went down as the hash rate did due to the bad die/asic not working and using power.

1080watts opn an SP20 should have gotten you about 1550GH/s in normal operation.

I was thinking of maybe getting this miner if cheap enough to keep at that colo, but going by their price it's way too high.

Whoever buys this, can make money if they properly downclock the miner and disable bad asic/die and know what they are doing with it's tuning. Also make sure it's not shorting out anywhere as that could explain the wattage draw which should just not be happening.

Good luck on your sale.

To your first question, I live in UK, power is 0.18p/Kwh (around 0.27 USD) so no lol, I wont host myself.  Grin

They have offered to lower clocks and find it's "sweet spot" again, so I have asked them to do this, But your right, this would suit someone  who knows how to play with them.

Best.
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 04:00:01 PM

Good luck on your sale.

To your first question, I live in UK, power is 0.18p/Kwh (around 0.27 USD) so no lol, I wont host myself.  Grin

They have offered to lower clocks and find it's "sweet spot" again, so I have asked them to do this, But your right, this would suit someone  who knows how to play with them.

Best.

Ohh, thought you were in the USA too. LOL, my bad.

If the buyer wants some help with tuning it after they buy it, feel free to have them PM me, I'll help as much as I can.
Good luck with your sale.

Go Big or Go Home.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:05:25 PM

decided to close, they remapped unit to use 0.7Kw and extended my hosting till end of year, I will just run this now until it dies.

Thanks for interest tho.

Regards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: