Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:55:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I hate phones.  (Read 1521 times)
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 04:16:39 AM

Every time it vibrates or rings, my whole entire soul fills with dread. I don't even care if it's my girlfriend. The fact that it's so distracting and nagging irks me. My phone sits at the bottom of an unused dresser drawer for a reason.

So, yeah, if you want to know why I am not excited about Bitcoin phone apps, this is why. I am biased. My view doesn't represent the world but it might have a marketshare.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 04:37:20 AM

+1 alerts off here, i get to check up on it sometimes so i don't lose every call. Phone apps don't bother me at all and i must say the bitcoin wallet it's a must. Nice g+ profile dude, i will be waiting for you to innovate something useful  Smiley

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 04:48:46 AM

So you pay for phone service which you hate and which fills your entire soul with dread?
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 04:54:33 AM

So you pay for phone service which you hate and which fills your entire soul with dread?
Prepaid ftw?

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 03:26:30 AM

I hate being called as well, and I don't like calling either. It must be for a very good reason...

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 03:41:42 AM

My dad hated using phones, whereas I enjoy it, especially when I have control of the conversations. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkdoogjic4I

~Bruno~ (not Bruno Mabe)
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 03:49:18 AM

Then put the thing on silence and don't pay any attention to it till you want it.  That's what I do.  My android cell is just a portable internet and computing device, as far as I'm concerned.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 09:15:04 AM

Put it on silent. Then put this wav as your voice mail message. It'll confuse at least 1/3 of the callers to all hell.
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 11:45:26 PM

My [insert device here] is an Internet Communications Device! It feeds my pocket with rads.

Vicente

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 02:17:52 AM

Matthew asked me to post here. He said that he agrees with Atlas and that he read something somewhere about how it is psychologically unnerving and causes people stress to even have a phone. He said there was some kind of study on it where it proved that phones (and cars even) irritate people because we have natural instincts to respond to sound for survival and they tire us by causing us to be 'alert' too often and for unimportant reasons.
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 09:56:33 AM

I hate "phone culture" too.  Asynchronous communication works just as effectively for 90% of stuff people do over the phone, and it's a lot less disruptive.

There is really only one good reason to make an unscheduled phone call: when it's both important and urgent.

Unscheduled phone calls that could just as easily been done over email should be considered bad etiquette.

As for bitcoin "phone" apps, well they are not really phone apps.  Phone is just a historic term we use for "pocket computer" now.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 01:43:56 PM

What about phone zombies, people who spend all day texting and ignoring the people in the real world.

drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 02:51:54 PM

i fucking hate phones too

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 03:02:08 PM

So, yeah, if you want to know why I am not excited about Bitcoin phone apps, this is why. I am biased. My view doesn't represent the world but it might have a marketshare.

Get a data only plan and just use it as a mobile computer, gps navigator, music player, tip calculator and yes bitcoin wallet or turn off the ringer and give less people your phone number.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 03:03:43 PM

What about phone zombies, people who spend all day texting and ignoring the people in the real world.

I wish I had a camcorder handy when I witnessed the following:

About a month ago, I was in Chicago resting at a red light. To my right I saw seven people of various ilk all speaking on their cells. An elderly, fragile woman pulling a cart stopped mid-stride among the other seven. The seven people paid no attention to her, but at the same time she kept nodding her head from side to side looking directly at each of the cell users. It seemed to me she wasn't prying in on their conversations, but perplexed as to what they were all doing, and why. It was times like that that I wish the light would never turn green. The other side of my wanted to park the truck, get out and approach her, saying something like, "It's your time. You ready to go?"  Grin

~Bruno~ (not Bruno Carlin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: