Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:12:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Super-private social network launched to take on Facebook with support of Anonym  (Read 539 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 11:08:00 PM

A new social network, backed by Anonymous, hopes to take on Facebook and the other social media giants with a commitment to privacy, security and transparency about how posts are promoted.

The site, Minds.com, has the same basic options as any other social network: users send updates to their followers, who can comment or promote posts that they read. But unlike its competitors it doesn’t aim to make money from gathering data — instead, it encrypts all messages, so that they can’t be read by advertisers or by governments.

The app’s other big differentiating feature from other networks is that it rewards people for interacting with posts, by voting, commenting or uploading. Users are given points that can then be exchanged for views, meaning that the posts of active members will be more promoted by the network.

The site describes that mechanism as a “network that rewards you with reach”. As such, it is more straightforward than the Facebook algorithm — which the company little discusses and seems to work on a complicated mix of engagement, clicks and now the time spent looking at certain posts.

The site has been officially launched with desktop and mobile apps. But the group behind the project has made it entirely open source, so that anyone can contribute to the design and upkeep of the network.

An Anonymous-affiliated page with over a million followers, ‘ART of Revolution’, put out a call to support the site. “Let us collaborate to help build minds.com and other open-source, encrypted networks to co-create a top site of the people, by the people and for the people”, the message read.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/superprivate-social-network-launched-to-take-on-facebook-with-support-of-anonymous-10325307.html

-------------------------------
I need to know more about who is behind the project. Also a 5 letter word .com is not cheap. They have some $$$. A built in  BTC wallet? Nice. Will wait a pretty long time before putting any on it yet as it is alpha. The main point is it is fully open source. The brightest among us, I hope, will check this out.

Is this what we've been waiting for? Anyway I locked my bitcointalk name, just in case.

Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 11:12:20 PM

https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:18:33 AM

Would be interesting to know what their business model is. Would it be ad driven?
Advertisers would prefer facebook, which has more users and offers targeted advertising.
aikunsatu

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:56:56 PM

Privacy- a breathe of fresh air.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 01:05:30 AM

Would be interesting to know what their business model is. Would it be ad driven?
Advertisers would prefer facebook, which has more users and offers targeted advertising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OJkEb0AK_I

ScarlettDenev

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 09:02:08 PM

Hmm, people say that internet privacy is a myth. I'm not totally agree with them. For sure,  there is no place to hide in Google of Facebook. But there are some new social platforms that offer you a room for your own privacy. Frankly saying, i like papuer the most.  That's a rarity nowadays.  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: