Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:01:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Else Recently Stop Getting Notifications?  (Read 798 times)
The00Dustin (OP)

Activity: 807
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 12:14:51 PM

Notifications have usually worked pretty good for me, but they seem to have recently ceased.  I just noticed several topics that I'm not seeing notifications for, some of which I had previously received notifications for.  A quick search appears to indicate that no one else has posted about anything like this in at least a couple months, and it just started happening to me in the last couple weeks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ANON.PURGED

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 12:18:42 PM

Notifications have usually worked pretty good for me, but they seem to have recently ceased.  I just noticed several topics that I'm not seeing notifications for, some of which I had previously received notifications for.  A quick search appears to indicate that no one else has posted about anything like this in at least a couple months, and it just started happening to me in the last couple weeks.

Once a new post made in someone else topic then you opened the topic the "TOPIC -new" in notification will get removed. I already experienced this, Let me know if i'm wrong.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:57:49 AM

For some topic i say this but seem like some kind of bug more then something else. Think that this was started from last hacking attack and that now we have some issues about it

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 07:05:14 AM

IMO after you log out, you only received one new reply notifications! No mater how many more replies were made on the same thread, you wouldn't receive them! Another issue is that the notifications may be classified as spam email and just check there as well!
The00Dustin (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 10:16:22 AM

Thanks for the responses, but, for instance, I got no e-mail notification that there were responses to this thread, and only found the responses because I remembered to click the "Show new replies to your posts" link.

ETA:  I just clicked the "notify" link at the top of this thread, and it prompted to confirm I wanted to DISABLE notifications.  In other words, they are definitely enabled, but I am not receiving them.  Could be due to a problem with the forum's ISP vs my e-mail address, but Comcast is the only ISP I know that won't send e-mail to my address, and I wouldn't think the forum would be hosted by or send mail through Comcast.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 10:26:59 AM

-snipped-

have you tried checking Profile -> Notifications and Email? maybe something changed in there.
The00Dustin (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 10:03:23 AM

have you tried checking Profile -> Notifications and Email? maybe something changed in there.
This is the first thing I did.  The only thing that MAY have changed there is "Automatically watch topics after replying to them" is unchecked, however, my watchlist is still intact and I'm not getting notifications for items in the watchlist, either, so that change wouldn't be directly related to this issue if it is indeed a change.  I also confirmed that my e-mail address hasn't changed (would be really bad news if it had, but I did check both of these things before starting this thread).
The00Dustin (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:44:46 AM

I just got notification e-mails overnight for responses to this topic from ANON.PURGED and --Encrypted--.  I also got two other notification e-mails, one for each of two other older topics that I probably should have gotten e-mails about.  Both of those were also old and for topics I had already reviewed since this problem started.  This should make it clear that the problem was on the forums, but I don't know whether or not it is fully resolved.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: