Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:53:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban evasion x2 (Never) , Please Help.  (Read 1484 times)
BitliCoin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 12:46:35 AM

Hello,

My friend was banned for giving a localbitcoins.com trade link in a private message, when someone was trying to buy btc.

He didn't really know it was against the rules. He asked one of our friends and the friend opened an account and went to meta section and
he said it was crazy to wait for 14 days to get unbanned. Then some people insulted the friend and he insisted that he was not trying to
put his ads into people's eyes. They were using the same network. After 1-2 days both accounts were banned and now on the first account
it says Ban Evasion x2 (Never) . He had no intension to to harm forum members nor trying to evade himself with a new account , even though technically he deserved a ban.

He is ready to donate some btc to shows his sincereness. Please guide us about this problem.
The account is important as he has the same username as a pro trader at LBC for over one year.
I already sent a PM to Cyrus but he said to get help in this section. I will PM the admin for his username when asked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Miyslovenic

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 04:05:57 AM

Hello,

My friend was banned for giving a localbitcoins.com trade link in a private message, when someone was trying to buy btc.

He didn't really know it was against the rules. He asked one of our friends and the friend opened an account and went to meta section and
he said it was crazy to wait for 14 days to get unbanned. Then some people insulted the friend and he insisted that he was not trying to
put his ads into people's eyes. They were using the same network. After 1-2 days both accounts were banned and now on the first account
it says Ban Evasion x2 (Never) . He had no intension to to harm forum members nor trying to evade himself with a new account , even though technically he deserved a ban.

He is ready to donate some btc to shows his sincereness. Please guide us about this problem.
The account is important as he has the same username as a pro trader at LBC for over one year.
I already sent a PM to Cyrus but he said to get help in this section. I will PM the admin for his username when asked.

I think you just wait until 14 Days until your account unbanned. AFAIK x4 times you get banned your account will banned forever

Panthers52

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 04:17:01 AM

After 1-2 days both accounts were banned and now on the first account
My understanding of ban messages is that the first past of the message is the reason for the ban and the second part of the message (that is in parenthesis) contains the expiration of the ban. In "your friend's" case, "he" was banned for ban evasion and the date it will expire is never.

He had no intension to to harm forum members nor trying to evade himself with a new account , even though technically he deserved a ban.
From the looks of this statement, you are admitting that your friend you were evading your ban.

PGP 827D2A60

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:13:50 AM

My understanding of ban messages is that the first past of the message is the reason for the ban and the second part of the message (that is in parenthesis) contains the expiration of the ban. In "your friend's" case, "he" was banned for ban evasion and the date it will expire is never.

He had no intension to to harm forum members nor trying to evade himself with a new account , even though technically he deserved a ban.
From the looks of this statement, you are admitting that your friend you were evading your ban.

The "friend" really needs to come here and talk to admin's himself.  But with "technically he deserved a ban." on ban evasion there is not a simple sorry to get unbanned.  When warned about first ban and ignoring it and using second account they take it pretty serious.  And rightfully so.

I suggest your "friend" waits a month or two, not trying to post here or get new account.  After time PM a admin admit to the action and ask for forgiveness... and its up to them if your "friend" gets it.

But trying to hurry a ban evasion back on forums will not help his case.
BitliCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:15:59 AM

The "friend" really needs to come here and talk to admin's himself.  But with "technically he deserved a ban." on ban evasion there is not a simple sorry to get unbanned.  When warned about first ban and ignoring it and using second account they take it pretty serious.  And rightfully so.

I suggest your "friend" waits a month or two, not trying to post here or get new account.  After time PM a admin admit to the action and ask for forgiveness... and its up to them if your "friend" gets it.

But trying to hurry a ban evasion back on forums will not help his case.

By "he was not trying to evade" i meant , he wasnt trying to go on unnoticed with the new account. The first username is important for him amd the second one was created only to find out what was going on, and it was the only way he could ask in the forum.  He didn't have any activities other than trying to get help about the ban on the new account. He even thought an apponent ( a probable btc seller ) reported him to get banned, he was kind of confused.

He is ready to talk to an admin "himself" sincerely but, he cannot send any private or public messages at the moment. He is not sure but he says it's been about a month or two he hasn't been able to use the account.

Regards,
BitliCoin
mallard

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:42:15 AM

Why are localbitcoins links against the rules?
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 09:24:58 AM

from reading the OP. it sounds like the banned user sent multiple unsolicited PMs containing localbitcoins referral/affiliate links to some users. those are against the rules.
BitliCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 01:53:25 PM

from reading the OP. it sounds like the banned user sent multiple unsolicited PMs containing localbitcoins referral/affiliate links to some users. those are against the rules.

It was not an ad or affiliate link, it was his own sales links and in the PM he was trying to sell bitcoin for real.
He still sells bitcoin with the same username.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:54:12 PM

It was not an ad or affiliate link, it was his own sales links and in the PM he was trying to sell bitcoin for real.
He still sells bitcoin with the same username.
it's still unsolicited spam, people dont like getting messages with advertisements constantly, and likely reported the message, which resulted in your ban.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
BitliCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 07:34:22 PM

The main reason we opened this topic is to recover the account if there is any chance.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, but any forum staff to help us ?
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 12:47:27 AM

The main reason we opened this topic is to recover the account if there is any chance.

I suggest you PM the admins with an apology, and why you won't do this again. The forum staff usually do not reply to threads like these.

Send a PM to BadBear, he's the one who can unban people.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 03:26:38 AM

I suggest you PM the admins with an apology, and why you won't do this again. The forum staff usually do not reply to threads like these.

I suggest he makes 1 single account and does not post anywhere but meta i this thread to show it's him.  It's odd a "friend" doing all of this.   It should be him.

Again most likely wait a month or two and PM admin with appology, and if lucky they unban him.  But he most likely will not get a unbanned account very quickly when it's ban evasion.
BitliCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 11:39:02 AM

I suggest he makes 1 single account and does not post anywhere but meta i this thread to show it's him.  It's odd a "friend" doing all of this.   It should be him.

Again most likely wait a month or two and PM admin with appology, and if lucky they unban him.  But he most likely will not get a unbanned account very quickly when it's ban evasion.

Ok i will tell him do so. He will also update his localbitcoins profile with a his new username he will open here. Thanks.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 10:37:26 PM

Ok i will tell him do so. He will also update his localbitcoins profile with a his new username he will open here. Thanks.

Is he using this "new" username for a rep thread? Or any other threads to trade here on forums?

The new single account should have been to talk to admin's, not be used for LBC.  I have a feeling he's working his way to a 3rd ban for ban evasion.
BitliCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 11:25:22 PM

Is he using this "new" username for a rep thread? Or any other threads to trade here on forums?

The new single account should have been to talk to admin's, not be used for LBC.  I have a feeling he's working his way to a 3rd ban for ban evasion.

The new 3rd account will be used only to talk to admin. He will indicate that the banned account is really a user on LBC. He will not post any messages with this account.
Only to PM the admins.

Btw, Who are the admins to send the PM about this issue ?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 01:27:23 AM

The new 3rd account will be used only to talk to admin. He will indicate that the banned account is really a user on LBC. He will not post any messages with this account.
Only to PM the admins.

Btw, Who are the admins to send the PM about this issue ?

You can sort and see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=mlist;sort=ID_GROUP;start=0

Care to post his new account or have him post in here?  It is still very weird your "friend" has not posted in here at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: