Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:23:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Voiding collateral [answered] [locked]  (Read 471 times)
merelcoin (OP)

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 08:25:19 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2015, 07:18:40 AM by merelcoin

A quick question where i need some input:

I gave somebody a small loan and took his account as collateral... Everything was done publicly on this forum.
Now, he seems to have defaulted, so i need to resell his account to cover my losses...

I do need to make a statement on the thread were i gave him the loan, so everybody can see the account is debt-free, and can be resold without any problems (the loan was payed by me keeping the collateral)...

How do i do this, without risking somebody on the default trust red-flagging the account for loan defaulting, making the collateral worthless?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pro Gamers

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

morir es descansar

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 08:52:13 AM

Cant be sold an account with red trust them are worthless the one thing an account here having a value is that because you can make money with it thru sig campaign, and obviously having a red trust will get an account disqualified.
merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 05:05:29 PM

Cant be sold an account with red trust them are worthless the one thing an account here having a value is that because you can make money with it thru sig campaign, and obviously having a red trust will get an account disqualified.

I know Wink

I'm not a native speaker, so i might have worded my question wrong: does anybody have any tips on how to publicly aknowledge the account has defaulted their loan, without getting the account some red trust... The account is basically my investment when i gave out the loan, so i would hate it if it became worthless...
UserVVIP

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 07:45:58 PM

I say you should sign a pgp message with your address, link the signed message to that in the post where you are selling the account, and tell the new owner to link to that post when the account is questioned.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6566

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 09:01:34 PM

I know Wink

I'm not a native speaker, so i might have worded my question wrong: does anybody have any tips on how to publicly aknowledge the account has defaulted their loan, without getting the account some red trust... The account is basically my investment when i gave out the loan, so i would hate it if it became worthless...
If at some point it was said which account would be collateral, then just make a post saying that he has defaulted on the loan and that you have collected the collateral. If not, then post saying that you have collected his collateral which was the account that made the loan. If anyone give -ve trust to the account for loan defaulting, pm that person and inform him that you have collected the account as collateral so that he should remove the red trust.

merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:18:01 AM

I know Wink

If at some point it was said which account would be collateral, then just make a post saying that he has defaulted on the loan and that you have collected the collateral. If not, then post saying that you have collected his collateral which was the account that made the loan. If anyone give -ve trust to the account for loan defaulting, pm that person and inform him that you have collected the account as collateral so that he should remove the red trust.

Thanks for the insight... I guess this is what i'll do  Smiley

For all others replying to this post : also a big thank you!

I'm locking this OP now, since my question was answered...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: