Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:22:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What are you doing with your mined ZEC?
Keeping & waiting for price spike - 8 (26.7%)
Selling at current price - 22 (73.3%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you doing with your mined ZEC?  (Read 1763 times)
Quietman

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 03:21:51 PM

If you all keep dumping your coins, obviously prices are going to fall. I don't know how much miners influence the coin's price and I get that you need to cover electricity costs and all, but you should sell only that amount that allows you to do that. IMO Zec isn't dead, yet and I'm pretty sure the developers aren't going to let their coin die down in the 0.001BTC range.

We're reaching the 50$ bottom, last time, this was where ZEC got some support and went back to almost 0.14. I think that selling everything now isn't smart.

Personally I'll keep mining until I'm not getting any profit out of it which is around 30-40$/coin.

Wait and see...

This is the point I am currently at. All through the slow start I sold every ZEC as I mined it as the profits were good. I am just now starting to transition from selling everything to keeping and holding some ZEC.

I am currently at a 75% sell to 25% hold ratio, but over the next month as I think the price will start to stabilize more and I will convert to selling enough to cover power costs and holding on to the rest, probably ending up with something like 75% keep and 25% sell.

When the revenue of the mining is more than 2 times the electricity cost, it is better to sell. Otherwise, it is better to hold.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Latwindar

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:08:31 AM

If you all keep dumping your coins, obviously prices are going to fall. I don't know how much miners influence the coin's price and I get that you need to cover electricity costs and all, but you should sell only that amount that allows you to do that. IMO Zec isn't dead, yet and I'm pretty sure the developers aren't going to let their coin die down in the 0.001BTC range.

We're reaching the 50$ bottom, last time, this was where ZEC got some support and went back to almost 0.14. I think that selling everything now isn't smart.

Personally I'll keep mining until I'm not getting any profit out of it which is around 30-40$/coin.

Wait and see...

This is the point I am currently at. All through the slow start I sold every ZEC as I mined it as the profits were good. I am just now starting to transition from selling everything to keeping and holding some ZEC.

I am currently at a 75% sell to 25% hold ratio, but over the next month as I think the price will start to stabilize more and I will convert to selling enough to cover power costs and holding on to the rest, probably ending up with something like 75% keep and 25% sell.

When the revenue of the mining is more than 2 times the electricity cost, it is better to sell. Otherwise, it is better to hold.

For most people, it is less than 2 times of the electricity cost, but the price is still going down a lot.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: