Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:33:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get BTC back from GLBSCAM ?  (Read 3112 times)
PoorGirl (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 07:54:49 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2012, 04:55:17 PM by PoorGirl

Hello,

Before I started to buy any shares/bonds I sent over BTC to my GLBSE Account coming from my investors. Basically I just sent over a great amount of BTC and wanted to start. Just one day later it went offline. The website now has a message but no contact information. So my BTC investment has been stolen.

So ..

1) What is the process to request a BTC refund ? Means what do I have to send to where to get my BTC back ?

2) What real world data is available about this idiot called Nefario ? Youtube gives me his face but no location. Where is this man ? And who else is responsible for this ? Similar to the Pirate topic regarding family contact information my investors will apply legal and cultural laws of my country to fix this situation.

To loose your investment doesn't mean you have no funds left to recover it.

Увидимcя.

PM's with helpful information may be rewarded.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 08:07:15 AM

Every lawyer will probably recommend you to send a letter demanding payback within a reasonable timeframe (2 weeks?) - most likely this should be resolved by then. Seriously, it's Sunday!

Also a lawyer will recommend you not to call ANYONE "idiot" on the internet...

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:16:14 AM

What seems really weird to me upon thinking well the first thing to do is gather up all your crypto-signed receipts that prove they acknowledge having received your money that they owe you money that you have a balance with them of whatever was...

...Do banks send you such receipts?

Like is there maybe a signature field in the email headers of emails banks send you acknowledging receipt of funds or instructions and so on, like maybe a signature of the actual relevant content of the email?

Or is Nefario to be excused for not providing such things because he learned from the big boys that run the world-class scams?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:31:39 AM

So its the he said she said game...

Gosh bitcoiners are brilliant, real genius types aren't they?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Lethos

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:34:09 AM

I don't doubt refunds will happen eventually, I'm just glad I had the little GLBSE plugin installed, that used the API.
It cached a lot of data, so of course I can still see all the numbers for my shares and all it's historic data.

Will help if I needed to prove anything I hope. I was actually in the process in of a mass sell these past few weeks, but moved too slow to get it all done in time Sad

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 08:42:05 AM

Hello,

Before I started to buy any shares/bonds I sent over BTC to my GLBSE Account coming from my investors. Basically I just sent over a great amount of BTC and wanted to start. Just one day later it went offline. The website now has a message but no contact information. So my BTC investment has been stolen.

So ..

1) What is the process to request a BTC refund ? Means what do I have to send to where to get my BTC back ?

2) What real world data is available about this idiot called Nefario ? Youtube gives me his face but no location. Where is this man ? And who else is responsible for this ? Similar to the Pirate topic regarding family contact information my investors will apply legal and cultural laws of my country to fix this situation.

Увидимcя.

"Your country" is Canada according to both your profile here and your 20-something bloggers profile.  I don't think Nefario has much to fear from its "legal and cultural" laws.

Do your own research if your want Nefario's real world information - it's easily found on these forums and elsewhere.

Nobody's stolen anything at this point.  You wouldn't even be able to find a lawyer to write a letter of demand given the short period of time since GLBSE went offline.  Grow up and stop being a drama queen.   Seriously, you sound just like Maria and that's a good way to get yourself ignored around here.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:50:46 AM

Do your own research if your want Nefario's real world information - it's easily found on these forums and elsewhere.

Nobody's stolen anything at this point.  You wouldn't even be able to find a lawyer to write a letter of demand given the short period of time since GLBSE went offline.  Grow up and stop being a drama queen.   Seriously, you sound just like Maria and that's a good way to get yourself ignored around here.

Oh! Maybe Phinn will help!

Nefario starts with "Nef", like Nefertiti, who was Egyptian! So if you do a WHOIS of egypt.com, and take the hash of the phone number, add Theymos's zip code and divide by 2012... Well I don't want to steal his thunder so I'll let him do the big reveal...

-MarkM-

k3t3r

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 08:56:22 AM

This is a situation created by an idiot who also is a criminal. It depends on your country which word fits best and on the result after all actions have been taken. For the person responsible the wording might not be important.

He has not been charged with selling unregulated securites yet. It appears that nefario has taken legal advice to cease this trading  due to the legal implications thereof. If you have been sending money to trade securites on GLBSE you are also possibly guilty of the same charges.

Have patience, the dipsute at present is between the owners of GLBSE, Nefario has not been shown to be doing anything malicious with the user funds.

The website clearly says that you will recieve your bitcoin and they are working on a system whereby you can cooperate with the issuer of any assets you own.

Expect an update when things have been resolved.
k3t3r

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 09:00:31 AM

For info:
what was nefario's reasoning for closing GLBSE?

[05/10/2012 16:25:51] <nefario> what MY problem actually is
[05/10/2012 16:25:54] <nefario> 1)
[05/10/2012 16:26:00] <nefario> AML
[05/10/2012 16:26:01] <nefario> 2)
[05/10/2012 16:26:03] <nefario> tax
[05/10/2012 16:26:05] <nefario> 3)
[05/10/2012 16:26:07] <nefario> regulations
[05/10/2012 16:26:09] <nefario> in that order

[05/10/2012 16:32:52] <nefario> I don't need your approval for this, I don't have much choice

He managed to convince some of you to support him, so he must have had a good argument, what was it?

Nefario promised to start a 100% legal stock exchange after GLBSE is closed and transfer the BitcoinGlobal shares over. Clearly, this will be super successful.  Roll Eyes

[05/10/2012 17:43:33] <shareholder 1> lets just trust nefario and gets going.

[05/10/2012 17:49:27] <shareholder 2> i truly think that if we reveal the plans to make it legit, this will turn around support in the community (at least the bright side of it) and new investments would flow if needed

[05/10/2012 18:53:41] <shareholder 2> of clourse you can do what you want, but it would be better for you and everyone to help the wind down of glbse in a clean way

Some other shareholders became resigned to GLBSE's fate and were at least somewhat convinced by Nefario's dreams of BitcoinGlobal's future.

and

Guys, make some public noise here if you wanna see Theymos make the motion.

No people are missing an important part.

Neither Theymos OR Nefario are going to control any coins. They will send them to ColdHardMetal who will disperse the coins.

The shareholders passed a motion for CHM to do this and Theymos is refusing. Waiting for Nefario to send CHM the company funds to get the party started.
k3t3r

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 09:41:48 AM

My replies are pointing out the facts. The website isnt a scam. They have legal problems and are closing in a way that conisders the relevant laws. These are facts.

All shareholders are in agreement that customers will recieve any bitcoins held by GLBSE. They are just working on a way to implement this. these are the facts that we have established so far.

it is being worked out by the owners of the company.
BlackHeartFund

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 10:46:30 AM

When you send a "great amount of BTC" to a site run by someone who's name and location you don't know, you can't exactly be shocked and outraged when things don't go well.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:47:18 PM

Hello,

So ..

Увидимcя.

Unfortunately there's not very much you can do at this point.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
beekeeper

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

LTC

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 03:55:01 PM

Similar to the Pirate topic regarding family contact information my investors will apply legal and cultural laws of my country to fix this situation.
LOL.. couldn't resist, sorry..

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:10:05 PM

Please read again my initial post.
I need to know who is responsible for this mess.
Responses need to include legally verifiable information.

Send me a PM if you have fear. I'm a victim just like you but trusted that website not knowing its a scam.

To paste chat logs or "you should have know, bitch" is not what I asked. I asked this community to help with facts. So far all replies were junk.

How much are you willing to pay for this help?
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:31:36 PM

Send me a PM if you have fear. I'm a victim just like you but trusted that website not knowing its a scam.

Might not be the best idea requesting information via a method that is owned/monitored by a GLBSE(Investor).

You might want to request information via email.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: