Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:08:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How the online sellers are dealing with bad buyers?  (Read 1272 times)
expert4knowledge (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:51:03 PM

I am interested in this industry and I would like to ask you how do you cope with bad buyers? I know that the vast majority of you have experience with those kind of people.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:53:51 PM

I am interested in this industry and I would like to ask you how do you cope with bad buyers? I know that the vast majority of you have experience with those kind of people.

What the definition of "bad buyers" for you exactly , I thought there is only bad sellers
Buyer have only to pay so I'am not sure what could goes wrong , people should just make sure to use an Escrow (if we are speaking about bitcointalk here , otherwise give more info and I will be glad to help)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 05:09:46 PM

Bad buyers for what ? For product selling, you can always use an escrow and guarantee protection for both the sellers and the buyers. 

If you mean bad buyers to be people to claim the product theyr received does not match the product description , then the only way you can prevent those people is by having sufficient trust and maybe taking a video of the product while packing and delivering it, just incase it is required later.
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:35:16 PM

I don't really know how the buyers could be bad. What normally goes on in a scam is the buyer ends up paying up front for a product and never gets it. Then they're out their money. In what circumstance do buyers end up being the scammers?

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
erpbridge
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 08:35:04 PM

I don't really know how the buyers could be bad. What normally goes on in a scam is the buyer ends up paying up front for a product and never gets it. Then they're out their money. In what circumstance do buyers end up being the scammers?

As stated above, I think he is talking about buyers who would say order an Iphone from a user on here and later after receiving it claim it to be not working or having some issue with it .
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 08:41:56 PM

As stated above, I think he is talking about buyers who would say order an Iphone from a user on here and later after receiving it claim it to be not working or having some issue with it .
Not much to do there, ship with tracking and just tell the truth.  Most people would know they wouldn't be able to actually win the case by lying.
Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:44:11 PM

It depends on the seller reputation and intention of how much does he really want to stay in the selling service.
To a seller who has high volume of trades, and has built up a reputation as a trusted seller, in cases where it's hard to prove that the buyer is trying to cheat,
i'm guessing that it's much better for seller to give in to the bad buyer and take the loss, rather than let one bad trade ruin his reputation.
But i don't think someone could exploit this more than once, since he would then have a track of such extortions.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 12:56:44 AM

Some buyers take advantage of loopholes in return policy or abuse customer rights. this is different from fraud. Unfortunately, there is not much can be done in here. Business take a loss or gets bad customer reviews if they refuse on returns/refunds. This is something to consider before engaging into this business. In every business owners will face these bad buyers but need to manage it such a way it shouldn't affect your online business.

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 08:12:49 AM

Bad buyers only come when you use paypal or something where buyer can request their money back.
don't use paypal and use escrow for your purchase.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:16:06 AM

I've wondered the same thing. Say you are a relatively new seller and the biuet wants to use escrow. Then you ship something out, but they claim there is an issue, or damaged product or something.

Assuming you have a good escrow, is it just up to them to use their best judgemt in deciding who gets what?
erpbridge
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:22:15 AM

I've wondered the same thing. Say you are a relatively new seller and the biuet wants to use escrow. Then you ship something out, but they claim there is an issue, or damaged product or something.

Assuming you have a good escrow, is it just up to them to use their best judgemt in deciding who gets what?

Well yeah thats the risk of it that will always exist. Or you could just use the option of recording everything like I said before. I haven't seen many people do these kinds of things, but if they do so as buyers, it will likely happen again in the future and will be bad for themselves in the future for any trades. The seller in this case would just lose one trade on the whole. But if its a sale for a single expensive item, then selling as a new person could ship it to an escrow or another person for verification before.
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:30:43 AM

Well yeah thats the risk of it that will always exist. Or you could just use the option of recording everything like I said before. I haven't seen many people do these kinds of things, but if they do so as buyers, it will likely happen again in the future and will be bad for themselves in the future for any trades. The seller in this case would just lose one trade on the whole. But if its a sale for a single expensive item, then selling as a new person could ship it to an escrow or another person for verification before.

Yeah, luckily most of the scammers on here are easy enough to spot, and usually they are the ones trying to "sell" say they cant use escrow.  Also, the "dropshippers" usually turn out to be scamming.  It's not too hard to tell on here.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 05:11:29 PM

Yeah, luckily most of the scammers on here are easy enough to spot, and usually they are the ones trying to "sell" say they cant use escrow.  Also, the "dropshippers" usually turn out to be scamming.  It's not too hard to tell on here.
There is just something inherently funny about a newbie member trying to scam someone while he has like 2 or 3 posts and his topic is full of spelling/grammar mistakes.
But I'm sure there are also people who are oblivious enough to fall for something like that.

Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 10:03:34 AM

There is just something inherently funny about a newbie member trying to scam someone while he has like 2 or 3 posts and his topic is full of spelling/grammar mistakes.
But I'm sure there are also people who are oblivious enough to fall for something like that.

Just a question, how do spelling/grammar mistakes hint of a guy is a scammer or not? Any decent minded person would check their work, especially if it's a scam, lol. I have been sent scam links before, and have spotted at least ten in each one... Are some scammers really that stupid?
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 10:37:33 AM

In online businesses some times we encounter these bad buyers so we need to prepare for taking some loses then we can move on easily.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 01:32:51 PM

When I meet "Bad Buyers", I either chose to use an escrow or make the person go first. If both the options aren't accepted by the buyer, the deal is cancelled. Also sometimes buyers appear rude and impatient and hence I prefer cancelling the deal rather than bearing the bad behavior which could lead tomore problems. It's not worth dealing with such people.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: