Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:34:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 200 BTC investment  (Read 1018 times)
CharlieContent (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 07:15:57 PM

Hi everyone,

I am seeking an investor to go 50/50 in a joint venture with me. We would each put up 200 BTC each for seed capital. This is a medium risk, medium reward, long term business opportunity that will require effort and ideas to build as well as money. Building the business with me won't require any special skills other than business management and good judgement.

The reason I am looking for the investment rather than funding the whole operation myself is that I think it will run best as a two man team and I want someone who has the same financial interest as me in making it a success.

If you seriously interested in a new project and you have 200 BTC and a few hours a week to invest, then please send me a PM and I will explain the nature of the business.

Cheers,

Charlie
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 12:59:46 AM

What sort of business is it?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 02:59:04 PM

The kind where you lose 200BTC.
CharlieContent (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 06:31:42 PM

It's a Bitcoin related, internet based business. I'm happy to reveal more to interested potential investors if they are happy to agree confidentiality.
CharlieContent (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 06:39:23 PM

The kind where you lose 200BTC.

It's possible. Like I say, medium risk, medium reward. The idea could work out really well and make a decent, near passive, extra income for myself and someone else. Equally it might not work and it's a few grand down the drain for both partners. This is the risk that anyone takes when they start a business. I'm not going to invest more than I can afford to lose and I don't expect anyone else to either.

I think it's a good idea that is definitely worth risking a bit of money on. If someone else, after they hear the idea, also thinks that the risk/reward ratio works out then we can get started. If not, then I'll probably put up the capital on my own and just hire someone locally to be the second man, although like I say I'd prefer to have a partner rather than an employee. That might be tricky, because it's easier to find a committed partner than a committed employee, especially when it's only a few hours work a week. I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 06:49:58 PM

It's a Bitcoin related, internet based business. I'm happy to reveal more to interested potential investors if they are happy to agree confidentiality.

Hi Charlie,

Your ideas are worth next to nothing, just like everyone else's ideas. I give all ideas a value of -10 to 20 dollars.

The only thing that matters is implementation.

Best,
gigavps
CharlieContent (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 07:08:46 PM

Hi Charlie,

Your ideas are worth next to nothing, just like everyone else's ideas. I give all ideas a value of -10 to 20 dollars.

The only thing that matters is implementation.

Best,
gigavps

Hi, I absolutely agree with you. I'm in the business of generating ideas for a living (advertising creative) so I know how throwaway they are. I'm still not keen to divulge the entire business plan publicly because I've already done quite a lot of work exploring the feasibility of the idea and the barrier to entry is pretty low, but I'm not going to be asking anyone to sign an NDA or anything of that nature. I'm sure that as soon as this business starts up then competitors who are doing the same thing will swiftly emerge, but I'm not keen to hasten that process. I'm sure you understand Smiley

However, I also have some contacts which will give me a competitive advantage in this type of business, and I think once any potential investor sees my business plan then they will be quite convinced it is an idea that will be well implemented.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: