Bitcoin Forum
August 31, 2024, 01:24:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASUS Eee Pad Slate EP121 Opinions?  (Read 271 times)
abdalla1234 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 12:56:12 PM

Hello, I'm interesting in doing some work out in the field so need a tablet pc, and ideally not the convertible ones. This seems ideal but I would like to know the performance on it. It will mainly be used for writing and storing small documents and maintaining databases whilst surfing and watching videos on the internet.

Here are some of the specs:

Brand: ASUS   
Operating System: Windows 7
Product Line: Eee Slate   
MPN:   EP121--1A010M
Type:   Tablet
Internet Connectivity:   Wi-Fi   Hardware Connectivity:   Bluetooth, HDMI, USB
Features:   Bluetooth, Built-In Front Camera, Color Screen, Integrated Speakers, Touch Screen, Web Browser
Storage Capacity:   64GB   
Bundled Items:   128 gig Solid State Drive, Charger, Keyboard
Resolution:   1280 x 800   
Processor:   Intel i5 470UM
Screen Size:12.1"
RAM:   4GB

It's outfitted with 4GB. I will be using a dongle for internet access so no need for sim card slot.

If you have any other recommendations which are possibly better or equal to this tablet, please let me know they must run windows 7 or windows 8.1 full version and not RT
Professor Plums

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:20:17 PM

What do you mean not a convertible one? And how much is your budget? That's the big question for recommendations.
abdalla1234 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:40:04 PM

What do you mean not a convertible one? And how much is your budget? That's the big question for recommendations.

I mean that it actually needs to be a sperate unit which doesn't require a keyboard etc. If it is a laptop per say it needs to be able to disconnect and support touchscreen. I think people refer to them as slate tablets because of this.

Budget isn't a problem. I'm thinking about the samsung which is around $800 with pretty much same specs
romanek88

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 03:08:23 PM

Its a good tablet pc probably one of the better ones out there at the moment will you be using auto cad or anything like that?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: