Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:33:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Bitcoin on Amazon  (Read 8832 times)
BitcoinMarket (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 04:10:40 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2012, 04:24:49 AM by BitcoinMarket

I have just opened a seller store on amazon to sell bitcoins to any amazon user.  You can use any of the traditional amazon payment methods.

I am currently offering bitcoin packages in dollar value amounts of $50 $20 and $10
there is a small fee, most of which goes to amazon for processing the payments.

If Amazon charges shipping, and I am trying to keep them from doing it, I will add that amount of bitcoin with your order

Sale is also backed by Amazon's A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee

As difficult as bitcoin is to get for new users, I believe this will be a good service.  Let me know if you have any suggestions

You can get strait to my amazon store here
http://bitcoin.hostedbyamazon.com/
Or just by doing a search on amazon for bitcoin, as I am the only one selling them

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 04:24:47 AM

nice move! hope it sustains!
BitcoinMarket (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 04:26:15 AM

I cant believe no one beat me to it, amazon makes setting up a store fairly easy
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 04:48:24 AM

There is a reason you're the only one selling bitcoin on amazon, what happens when people start filing chargebacks for the transactions with their credit card company?

BitcoinMarket (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 05:06:26 AM

Amazon offers protection to both buyers and sellers.  If I can prove that I have sent the bitcoin, and I can, the credit card company will cancel the chargeback.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 05:09:33 AM

Amazon offers protection to both buyers and sellers.  If I can prove that I have sent the bitcoin, and I can, the credit card company will cancel the chargeback.

LOLZ.  Even if that were true what about stolen credit cards?  Have fun.  Don't say you weren't warned.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 05:23:44 AM

We (all the old timers) know that this will end badly - it always does.

However, it is interesting so I bought one of your $10 packages.  It charged me for shipping so you owe me about $15 worth of Bitcoins.  You have my shipping address but what you really need is a Bitcoin address to ship me the BTC.  Now what?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
BitcoinMarket (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 06:38:53 AM

Thanks for being my first purchase, I have to wait for the bank to open and I will have them to you ASAP
smmy

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 07:30:35 AM

if I order from your site can i pay with my amazon balance ? if yes when I receive the bitcoins from you ? thanks
BitcoinMarket (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 07:45:11 AM

Yes I believe so, you will recieve them within 24 hours

using this link, shipping is not included
panda1

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 07:47:26 AM

Oh man, good luck and keep us posted.
abrkn

Activity: 232
Merit: 150

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 07:50:32 AM

How many buyers so far?

keybase.io/abrkn/key.asc
abrkn

Activity: 232
Merit: 150

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 07:55:05 AM

Sigh, I'm getting this error when checking out:

Your request is missing information or needs correcting. Please fix the areas indicated below. When you are done, please press the Continue button to send your information again.

Right at the point where I'm choosing shipping address (International) and have all fields filled out. Probably Amazon's error.

keybase.io/abrkn/key.asc
bowen151

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 07:58:24 AM

This is really handy for me at the minute, the whole UK market is a bit tricky to navigate and untill im back online i think ill try a buy Smiley

So you add the BTC value of any shipping charges added? Also, which exchange rate are you basing your conversions off of?

I noticed a previous poster mentioned that you have no section to add in a BTC address to receive the coins after we purchase, is this right??

Suppose i could just email you my address and follow the transaction the normal way

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 11:40:05 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2012, 11:51:31 AM by BurtW

Thanks for being my first purchase, I have to wait for the bank to open and I will have them to you ASAP
Please explain this statement.  You are saying you need to go to the bank.  Why is that?  Just curious.

Also, here is my order information:

Code:
Shipping Method: Standard
Items:                    $10.70
Shipping & Handling:     $4.49
                    ------
Total Before Tax:    $15.19
Tax To Be Collected:     $0.00
   ------
Order Total:            $15.19

How many BTC do I get for my $15.19?

How does your system work?  How do you find out where to ship the BTC?  Do you even get the customer's email address from the Amazon invoice you receive?  Assuming we were not talking here (on this forum) how do you contact your customers to get their Bitcoin address?  Your system must work with just the information you get from Amazon or it will not work.  Or maybe, are you shipping me a paper wallet, Bitcoin check, or something like that to my mailing address?  It seems to me if you were going to be shipping out the BTC on a physical device you would state that on your web site.

How many buyers so far?
AFAIK just me so far.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Ghostofkobra

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 11:55:24 AM

According to the website:

Bitcoins are directly transferred to you into your bitcoin wallet.  There is no physical bitcoin to be shipped.  You must obtain a wallet to receive bitcoin, or at least an email address for the voucher to be sent to while you are obtaining a bitcoin wallet. 

So Burt, did you enter your email anywhere?

/GoK

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 11:58:37 AM

dis gon' be good.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 12:04:08 PM

According to the website:

Bitcoins are directly transferred to you into your bitcoin wallet.  There is no physical bitcoin to be shipped.  You must obtain a wallet to receive bitcoin, or at least an email address for the voucher to be sent to while you are obtaining a bitcoin wallet.  

So Burt, did you enter your email anywhere?

/GoK
It does show up on my copy of the order information along with my shipping address and billing address, etc.  But I do not know what he, as the seller, gets.

using this link, shipping is not included
This appears to be true.  I tested the system by going to www.amazon.com, logging into my account, searching for the key word "bitcoin", his products do show up in the list, then I went through the normal checkout and was charged shipping.

However if I go through the link to his website and order, shipping does not appear to be added.

There must be a way to tag your items as "electronic items" or something since you can sell Kindle books which also would not have shipping so that going through the main site will not add shipping.

This is all a short term exercise as we know how this is going to end.  But it is fun while it lasts.

BitcoinMarket (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 01:08:03 PM

Yes, I am trying to figure out how to get them listed as an electronic item so that shipping won't be charged.  I am still figuring out how to use Amazon's system.  I will have to add a request for your bitcoin address to the order form, however I can email any buyer through Amazon without even seeing the email address. 

I have to wait for the bank to open because I am buying them with cash deposit
jps44

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 01:54:09 PM

I think you really have to ask yourself why this has not been done before.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: