Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:22:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Class action against FSA?  (Read 1366 times)
danster82 (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 03:05:56 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2012, 03:24:22 PM by danster82

GLBSE is asking for data for verification for money laundering therefore we can assume the incompetent people at the GLBSE have had action taken against them by the FSA.

Should we sue the FSA? They are directly responsible for our loss's, they have no lawful authority, Bitcoins are not defined as money by the government, the GLBSE does not deal with Bank Of England Notes. Even if it was lawful for the FSA to take action they have not followed their own proper procedure as they have not secured our funds and securities before taking action. Any claim the FSA makes is exactly that a claim and remains so until verified in court.

Heres a similar example in the real "fiat" investment world.

http://www.ifaonline.co.uk/ifaonline/news/1650335/queen-speech-govt-hints-softening-cgt
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 03:08:27 PM

Are you in the UK? Maybe you can call them to learn whether there is actual involvement.
danster82 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 03:12:54 PM

I want to see what the GLBSE has to say first, why they havent told us anyway makes no sense, they should be telling us exactly whats happening.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 03:16:58 PM

If there was _any_ action taken toward GLBSE and or James McCarthy (nefario), there is a public record of this action.
Have you seen this paper?
Has anyone seen this paper?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
danster82 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 03:19:20 PM

If there was _any_ action taken toward GLBSE and or James McCarthy (nefario), there is a public record of this action.

what public record are you speaking about?

Are you referring to public court records? that only happens when you go to court, up until that point its just claims and remains private so no record.
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 03:23:56 PM

what public record are you speaking about?
Exactly...

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 04:38:52 PM

Jeez what is wrong with people?

Just the title of this thing. Sigh.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
danster82 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 07:33:53 PM

Jeez what is wrong with people?

Just the title of this thing. Sigh.

why dont you expand on that. Sigh.
CJGoodings

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 07:40:22 PM

Why the FSA, why couldnt it be the SEC? Just because he told everybody that he was planning on registering as a EU company doesn't mean he wouldnt be on the SEC's shitlist radar.
danster82 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 07:44:35 PM

Why the FSA, why couldnt it be the SEC? Just because he told everybody that he was planning on registering as a EU company doesn't mean he wouldnt be on the SEC's shitlist radar.

Apparently hes based in the UK therefore the SEC would not be involved, but its all speculation if the GLBSE dont tell people exactly whats happened which people have the right to know.  

He might not of even been approached by the FSA but we can deduce from the fact hes asking for details for money laundering that he has.
likuidxd

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 10:08:06 PM

That's funny.

Sovereign immunity.

Let me know how it goes. I'll actually make popcorn for this one.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 10:22:14 PM

He might not of even been approached by the FSA but we can deduce from the fact hes asking for details for money laundering that he has.

What a crock of shit.  We can't deduce anything from the fact that he's asking for KYC information other than the fact that his lawyer may have advised him that it's a good idea.  

That he's not asking for it in a legal manner suggests that there isn't any government authority asking him to collect it.  He hasn't mentioned the specific legislation under which the information is being requested, how the information will be used, how the information will be protected, or how long the information will be kept.  If he's acquiring the information for a lawfully required purpose - eg KYC/AML/CTF regulation compliance - then he must disclose those things.

What seems to have happened is that he's made enquiries about what would be required of a legitimate exchange and is now trying to apply those procedures post hoc to an enterprise he fully knew was not legitimate because he believes that doing so will somehow protect him if GLBSE's activities ever come under any kind of regulatory scrutiny.  Ironically, the manner in which this has been handled makes it likely that users themselves will end up contacting the FSA, thus bringing GLBSE under the very scrutiny Nefario was hoping to avoid.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: