Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:22:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Come on in! Meet the new mascot of the bitcoin world!  (Read 2132 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:37:22 PM

It turned out really cute!
You should now build it in real life as doll, I would like one!eheh
I need the extra money and time to actually make them though. I'm going to have to stop doing my other work to do this business full time. I'll admit that I'm scared to. If I stop everything else and this doesn't pay the bills, I could potentially go back to being homeless, eating out of a can, and lose my closet specifically designed for shoes. I won't go back to packing my shoes in boxes! I NEED my shoe closet!

If everyone is already showing interest though, I probably shouldn't jump to the worst case scenario though.

I think it is a nice idea but i would vote against you dropping all of your other businesses. The risk would be way too high and i think it will be not easy to marketize this for a profit.

Like always NEVER PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET. And that is true!
You're right. I haven't stopped my other work just yet. I'm thinking about jumping ship if this takes off. Then I could just literally make a living from making handmade goods and animations, then do my other work on the side.

Don't worry. I would NEVER put myself in a position to lose my sanctuary.

So many shoes...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Hi mr Bitcoin, nice to meet you  Cheesy
Mr. Bitcoin loves hugs!

I'll make Halloween costumes of 2-Bit too!
feldenthorne

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 06:52:07 AM

I feel like this would appeal to a fairly small market. In my mind, dolls and clothing and whatnot work out for established brands because they are based on an already popular franchise (as you see with TV/movie -> toy/game/clothing line transitions). Coming into it with just the idea that it exists is probably not going to bring in any significant income.

So... If you want to make something out of your idea, I would suggest creating enjoyable content and publicizing that before monetizing it.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 06:59:12 AM

I feel like this would appeal to a fairly small market. In my mind, dolls and clothing and whatnot work out for established brands because they are based on an already popular franchise (as you see with TV/movie -> toy/game/clothing line transitions). Coming into it with just the idea that it exists is probably not going to bring in any significant income.

So... If you want to make something out of your idea, I would suggest creating enjoyable content and publicizing that before monetizing it.
Thanks for the advice. Also 'cause I know you probably clicked onto my bitcoin necklace topic, I redid those necklaces, and they look sort of better.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1204898.0

I already made about 560 USD worth in bitcoin making other merchandise, so I am not too worried but you're right. That propaganda will probably fade away soon.
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 07:34:50 AM

Thanks for the advice. Also 'cause I know you probably clicked onto my bitcoin necklace topic, I redid those necklaces, and they look sort of better.

I already made about 560 USD worth in bitcoin making other merchandise, so I am not too worried but you're right. That propaganda will probably fade away soon.

Your signature says otherwise though.
I'm sorry for calling you out. but seriously you seem a bit too desperate for attention or coins...
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 07:54:03 AM

I'm sorry for calling you out. but seriously you seem a bit too desperate for attention or coins...
I forgot to change my signature, but that was just a joke.

"Help! I have no bitcoins or a husband!" Of course that's a joke.

Edit: honestly I kind of want to keep it there because it is funny.
d3former

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:01:56 AM

got my attention and gave me a good laugh....
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:29:20 AM

got my attention and gave me a good laugh....
I'm glad you liked it! Stay Cool!

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 09:35:21 PM

Hm, buying trust obviously was not a good idea. I wonder if the mascot dies with that now.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 09:39:27 PM

Hm, buying trust obviously was not a good idea. I wonder if the mascot dies with that now.
It doesn't.

I wasn't taking this site as a serious place at the time. I also wasn't thinking. I wasn't buying trust. I was flashing so people knew I wasn't lying about being female so they'd shut up and trust that I wasn't lying already. I now see that trust isn't for gender verification, but for trading purposes. Lmfao.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 12:51:47 PM

It doesn't.

I wasn't taking this site as a serious place at the time. I also wasn't thinking. I wasn't buying trust. I was flashing so people knew I wasn't lying about being female so they'd shut up and trust that I wasn't lying already. I now see that trust isn't for gender verification, but for trading purposes. Lmfao.

Yes, the bitcoin community is very dangerous. Too many scams happening. That is why trust is needed.

By the way... flashing and sending pictures is surely no way to proof that you are a girl. E-Whoring would not work if that could proof that you are a girl. E-Whorers already have prepared pictures with names and all before they start. Except you would do it on live cam.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 12:55:26 PM

It doesn't.

Yes, the bitcoin community is very dangerous. Too many scams happening. That is why trust is needed.

By the way... flashing and sending pictures is surely no way to proof that you are a girl. E-Whoring would not work if that could proof that you are a girl. E-Whorers already have prepared pictures with names and all before they start. Except you would do it on live cam.
I did do it live. Lmfao.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 01:15:46 PM

It doesn't.

I did do it live. Lmfao.

Ah ok, then it would be easy to proof. Hope you were a pleasant sight at least. Cheesy

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:18:58 PM

It doesn't.

I did do it live. Lmfao.

Ah ok, then it would be easy to proof. Hope you were a pleasant sight at least. Cheesy
That really depends on a person's preferences. I'm half Black and Asian (Blasian). Chinese for the Asian side, and Ghanian for the Black side.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:53:08 PM

That mascot is really cute Smiley
When i saw the topic i imagined for the mascot to be an old guy that resembles Satoshi Grin
Nice design i really like it Smiley
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:52:07 PM

That mascot is really cute Smiley
When i saw the topic i imagined for the mascot to be an old guy that resembles Satoshi Grin
Nice design i really like it Smiley

I always thought Dorian Nakimato should be bitcoin's mascot. he's funnier and the whole mistaken identity thing goes down pretty sweetly.

but what do i know? good luck with your thingy. its got its own sort of charm.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: