Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:40:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovering hacked account  (Read 1292 times)
Sk8tebird (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:16:39 PM

3-4 weeks ago, someone installed a trojan in my computer and stole all my coins and my Principal BCT account. Since this, ive send at least 5 pms to Theymos and got absolutely nothing so far. I need help and i think i worth it. I contributed to BCT couple years ago with donations and now, they are ignoring me. I dont have a btc adress associated to my account so i cannot follow instructions in recovering thread. BUT, there is lot of others ways to proove i own that account !! (Ex. Ip adress, private message, first email associated, etc). Please help me !!!

Account: skatebird

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:28:16 PM

First of all make sure you reinstall the OS on the infected computer. Using an anti virus to remove the trojan is not enough. Also note that many kinds of rootkits can survive a reinstall too, though these are rare. Change all your passwords especially on your email addresses, the hacker might try and break into your accounts again in the future when your not expecting it.

When your computer has been hacked it becomes very difficult to verify who is the real owner and who is the hacker, especially if you don't have a signed message. All you can do is PM theymos and other admins, I'm sorry to say but the chances of getting back the account in situations like this are slim.

Is there any other way you can prove ownership of the account? if you have some proof then I will tag the account so it can't be used to scam etc and it may help you convince admins that you are the real owner.

Sk8tebird (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:34:30 PM

Ive already format my computer so im sure they is absolutely nothing in it. I also contacted all admins and they are all saying Theymos is the only one who can help in these situations. The problem is that he is ignoring me like he just dont care of me. This is easy for him to see im not the hacker. I can say him what was the first password, can talk about pms, can say what coin the guys on my only trust is talking about, the moment iva changed mu signature, etc. Im a miner so i control every skatebird thing except my account since the thieft changed everything. Thank you !!
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 01:35:49 PM

You said you donated to the forums. Were you given a special donation address by theymos to do so? If so, you might be able to prove ownership of the account by signing a message from the address that the donation was sent from.
Sk8tebird (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:37:38 PM

You said you donated to the forums. Were you given a special donation address by theymos to do so? If so, you might be able to prove ownership of the account by signing a message from the address that the donation was sent from.

Ive have not through this account :/ im just saying that i worth couple of minutes to help. I invested myself in this forum so would appreciate little empathic.
Blazr

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:41:52 PM

This is easy for him to see im not the hacker. I can say him what was the first password, can talk about pms, can say what coin the guys on my only trust is talking about, the moment iva changed mu signature, etc. Im a miner so i control every skatebird thing except my account since the thieft changed everything. Thank you !!

If your Pc was infected the hacker probably knows your password. He can see your PM's too seeing as he has access to your account.

None of that is any good. If this is the only proof you have that is the reason why theymos won't answer you.

If your PC is hacked it is very difficult to get your account back, it has happened a few times where theymos was tricked into giving an account to a hacker by accident and people got scammed so in these kind of cases he only gives over the account when there is no doubt whatsoever who the owner is. Because you were infected with a torjan the hacker knows almost everything about your account, even a signed message would not suffice in that situation. If I was you I'd make a new account and start over, but it couldn't hurt to occasionally remind theymos about the old one just in case.

Sk8tebird (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:46:15 PM

This is easy for him to see im not the hacker. I can say him what was the first password, can talk about pms, can say what coin the guys on my only trust is talking about, the moment iva changed mu signature, etc. Im a miner so i control every skatebird thing except my account since the thieft changed everything. Thank you !!

If your Pc was infected the hacker probably knows your password. He can see your PM's too seeing as he has access to your account.

None of that is any good. If this is the only proof you have that is the reason why theymos won't answer you.

If your PC is hacked it is very difficult to get your account back, it has happened a few times where theymos was tricked into giving an account to a hacker by accident so in these kind of cases he only gives over the account when there is no doubt whatsoever who the owner is.

I undestand this but what about connection ip adress ? How am i suppose to know the first password before he changed it? What kind of proof he could need except the btc signature ? There is probably something i dont think that it can prove it. This is stupid because its my account and someone stole it and use it in front of my face lol
Blazr

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:49:34 PM

If your PC is hacked it is very difficult to get your account back, it has happened a few times where theymos was tricked into giving an account to a hacker by accident so in these kind of cases he only gives over the account when there is no doubt whatsoever who the owner is.

I undestand this but what about connection ip adress ? How am i suppose to know the first password before he changed it? What kind of proof he could need except the btc signature ? There is probably something i dont think that it can prove it. This is stupid because its my account and someone stole it and use it in front of my face lol

Well if you were infected with a trojan then the hacker could use your PC as a proxy and have the same IP. Additionally your IP could already be a public proxy, it's not always possible to tell if it is or not. Some ISP's also share an IP with multiple customers. Almost every ISP recycles IP addresses nowdays too, so you could have a different IP now and somebody else could have your old one. There is an entire country of people all using the same IP address (North Korea). IP address is useless. Like I said, when you are hacked it's a unique situation.

Sk8tebird (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:54:13 PM

Im in Canada so i think ips adress could be useful. I had couple of them because i was always using iphone, ipad and cpu... What about something like this https://i.imgur.com/BA466rh.jpg
Sk8tebird (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:56:09 PM

Of course, i can prove that i own this email account !
Blazr

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:03:38 PM

Of course, i can prove that i own this email account !

I don't think you understand. When someone puts a trojan on your PC they can see every file on your PC, everything you've been doing on it, everything you've typed on it - all your passwords, bank accounts, bitcoin wallets, emails, ID scans, facebook profiles, the whole shebang. It's essentially game over when that happens. It's possible you could still be infected even after you reformatted, this has happened before. Most of the time email accounts get hacked too because you can use them to reset passwords on other websites. We have no way to know if you are the owner or the hacker. There is nothing concrete that proves one way or the other.

Sk8tebird (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:43:30 PM

I understand very well what you are saying but explain me why i have personnal skatebird email in my pocession. In other words, what is my interest of trying to recover this account if i was the hacker ?! I still control my email adress and it was the one that was associated to the account at begining. I understand that the hacker could have take control of everything but he didnt take control of my email adress. I think its a solid proof. (Of course, ive changed my email password since using my phone).
Blazr

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:58:49 PM

I understand very well what you are saying but explain me why i have personnal skatebird email in my pocession.

In all likelyhood so does the hacker.

I understand that the hacker could have take control of everything but he didnt take control of my email adress.

How can we know that? how can you even know that? you are underestimating how sneaky these hackers are. Even if you have changed password he might still get back in or even still have access, that has happened before many times.

In other words, what is my interest of trying to recover this account if i was the hacker ?!

To scam people with the account. This exact situation happens here every few weeks, just look through some old threads in meta.

Sk8tebird (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 03:16:37 PM

So you mean i could be the hacker that ask to recover a password to eventually scam people ? If yes, you dont believe i would myself changed the password through the email adress recovering ? Anyway, i understand that lot of people abused before so people like me dont get the help needed Sad thank you. Could be nice to put a PIN code or 2fa for password/email changing.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 03:30:31 PM

Here you posted a message implying you control the Twitter account @kevinguillem. It's possible the hacker got that account too so it's probable not enough to recover the account but if you prove you control that account (and due to the change in activity of that account since its password was changed on the 15th of August) then I'll leave a negative feedback on Skatebird, at least until more information is provided. You can just tweet something like "This is Sk8tebird at bitcointalk" or similar; or DM my account @ecuamobi if you prefer, I'm temporarily following you.

A negative feedback can at least make the hacked account useless and force/encourage the hacker to give it back, as it has happened before.

Edit: Done

Sk8tebird (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 03:33:39 PM

Here you posted a message implying you control the Twitter account @kevinguillem. It's possible the hacker got that account too so it's probable not enough to recover the account but if you prove you control that account then I'll leave a negative feedback on Skatebird, at least until more information is provided. You can just tweet something like "This is Sk8tebird at bitcointalk" or similar; or DM my account @ecuamobi if you prefer, I'm temporarily following you.

A negative feedback can at least make the hacked account useless and force/encourage the hacker to give it back, as it has happened before.

https://twitter.com/kevinguillem/status/641272911874129920

Thank you very much ! Im sure this is obvious that i own this account

Edit: that's not bad, i havent think of this !! Thank you again
Sk8tebird (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:02:53 PM

Dont know what i can do more to get Theymos's attention !!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:11:15 PM

You will have to wait.  Likely it is being researched.  I suggest everyone stake an address in meta for cases like this.

If you would have had a staked address it would have been easier on you by far.  At this point though it's to late.  I would give some time though.  Likely lots of posts will not make him hurry any quicker.
Sk8tebird (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:20:47 PM

You will have to wait.  Likely it is being researched.  I suggest everyone stake an address in meta for cases like this.

If you would have had a staked address it would have been easier on you by far.  At this point though it's to late.  I would give some time though.  Likely lots of posts will not make him hurry any quicker.

Of course, when ill recovered it, ill get a btc adress associated. Im learning from my mystakes !!
Skatebird
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:56:25 AM

Update: i finally got back my principal account !! Thank you to every one that helped me to recover it !! Thank you again to Theymos that gave me the chance to prove i own it. Here is a tweet about it: https://twitter.com/kevinguillem/status/643603737962016769

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 03:03:18 AM

Update: i finally got back my principal account !! Thank you to every one that helped me to recover it !! Thank you again to Theymos that gave me the chance to prove i own it. Here is a tweet about it: https://twitter.com/kevinguillem/status/643603737962016769

I've removed my feedback. I'm glad you got it back!

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 03:15:20 AM

Can you post that you got it back from your OP account (Sk8tebird)?  The one that made the complaint.  Just so I can verify it's not the thief posting.

Then I'll remove my negative trust as well.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
busyviable

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:17:16 AM

ah glad everything worked out well in the end!
Sk8tebird (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:00:03 PM

Can you post that you got it back from your OP account (Sk8tebird)?  The one that made the complaint.  Just so I can verify it's not the thief posting.

Then I'll remove my negative trust as well.  Smiley

Thank Vod, i confirm that i really got back my principal account !! Was hard to get it back but im really happy now !!:)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 01:33:57 AM

Feedback removed!   Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
pjsonowal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:50:21 AM

format the whole computer install a nice security sute ...dont install unknown softwares or softwares that comes in with other softwares as bundle.....try to check the processes daily and if u check any suspicious services or processes end the process there only and remove that from startup processes.....try to clear temp folder....go to run type "%temp%" and delete all..it contains temporary files that are needed in installation of softwares....keep ur windows defender on
 if u need any help contact me ... i am there Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: