Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:06:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfer between Exchanges ?  (Read 1698 times)
panzerdeni (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:42:17 AM

So yes ? Can i transfer between Exchanges ? Lets say i have 1000 DOGE In Cryptsy and i wan to transfer them to BTER, can i do it directly like, get the deposit address from BTER and input it in Cryptsy Withdraw address ? And with other exchanges ? is it the same ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 12:52:38 PM

So yes ? Can i transfer between Exchanges ? Lets say i have 1000 DOGE In Cryptsy and i wan to transfer them to BTER, can i do it directly like, get the deposit address from BTER and input it in Cryptsy Withdraw address ? And with other exchanges ? is it the same ?

Of course you can! You can pretty much do any transfer, between any exchange and you can also transfer any coin. I've been doing it always and so far I never had any problem except stuck withdrawal or deposit.

Now, I hope you just have taken the above two exchanges as examples and that you are not using any of those two. Both Cryptsy and BTER are falling apart currently and I wouldn't trust them at all.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 04:31:59 PM

Yes, you can. However, many exchanges have trade fees or withdrawal minimums so you cannot transfer all that you would like.

Just try it.

HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:37:35 AM

You can transfer, there is not so such a problem  Wink
panzerdeni (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 10:08:38 AM

Of course you can! You can pretty much do any transfer, between any exchange and you can also transfer any coin. I've been doing it always and so far I never had any problem except stuck withdrawal or deposit.

Now, I hope you just have taken the above two exchanges as examples and that you are not using any of those two. Both Cryptsy and BTER are falling apart currently and I wouldn't trust them at all.

What exchange can you offer me to use ? I dont trade a lot but i dont want to lose it all Cheesy.
hunnaryb

Activity: 506

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 11:17:44 AM

Bittrex or Poloniex are solid.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 11:47:08 AM

You can, you can send to any address you wish.  As stated there are fees to withdraw but you know this already.  Bittrex is a solid exchange.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:12:20 PM

I actually think some people making a living out of doing this, it's called arbritrage, basically you take advantage of the difference in prices between exchanges and buy cheaper in exchange A, then sell more expensive at exchange B. The problem is it takes time for the transaction to arrive so you may not make it.
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:53:32 PM

I made mostly every week (or every month) these kind of transfers.
Mostly doge as the fees are very low comparing to bitcoin.
Yes you can transfer and i personally transfer to/from cryptsy yobit poloniex.
I would suggest to stay away from bter as they are not responding to ticked as they owe people thousands of bitcoins.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:05:54 PM

You can transfer coins between exchanges like you normally withdraw to your own wallet. You can arbitrage this way. Buy cheap from one exchange and sell high on another, just don't leave your coins on any exchange for long periods. Withdraw to your own wallet whenever possible, exchanges are targets to hackers.

Very true, bitcoin transaction fees are very high compared to other alts and much slower confirmation too.
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:12:24 PM

You can transfer coins between exchanges like you normally withdraw to your own wallet. You can arbitrage this way. Buy cheap from one exchange and sell high on another, just don't leave your coins on any exchange for long periods. Withdraw to your own wallet whenever possible, exchanges are targets to hackers.

Very true, bitcoin transaction fees are very high compared to other alts and much slower confirmation too.

Best practice is that you first withdraw your coins to your wallet.
Then transfer them to the other exchange as it can take longer sometimes from one exchange to other and if you can afford the fees.
Doge has almost 1-3 Doge fee which i can earn from a faucet within few seconds, good luck.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:29:18 AM

i think you lose your tx id reference if you do this, i know it was the case for bittrex, dunno about cryptsy, if they added an option, so i would avoid this if you need desperately to keep it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: