Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:59:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp is goxing?  (Read 4933 times)
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 06:56:51 PM

Just for the record, slovenia is central europe (and is in fact a lot more west than other central europe countries), not eastern europe, since you've made that mistake at least twice now already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenia#cite_note-22

^ Slovenia's placement within the regional classification schemes for Europe is controversial.[12] It is most often placed in Central Europe but sometimes in Southeastern Europe.[12] Examples include the United Nations Statistics Division (Southern Europe),[13] The World Factbook (Central Europe),[14] Encarta ("south central Europe")[15] and Peter J. Katzenstein ("no way to decide"),[16]

Signature space available for rent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 07:19:48 PM

Just for the record, slovenia is central europe (and is in fact a lot more west than other central europe countries), not eastern europe, since you've made that mistake at least twice now already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenia#cite_note-22

^ Slovenia's placement within the regional classification schemes for Europe is controversial.[12] It is most often placed in Central Europe but sometimes in Southeastern Europe.[12] Examples include the United Nations Statistics Division (Southern Europe),[13] The World Factbook (Central Europe),[14] Encarta ("south central Europe")[15] and Peter J. Katzenstein ("no way to decide"),[16]

Looks like I was incorrect either way, and again, I apologize.  I meant to indicate that although I am sensitive to sending my identity documents to anyone, sending them to an unknown individual in any of the countries in that region would make me extra nervous.  That because it seems like an excessive amount of computer fraud and theft originates from that region.  Rightly or wrongly that is my impression.

The most memorable thing I recall about Slovenia is that I had a classmate from around that area when I was in college and she was especially attractive.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 11:45:00 AM

We kindly ask users who are unable to verify their account but have a balance with Bitstamp to please submit a support ticket here: https://www.bitstamp.net/support/ where you will be given further instructions for the resolution of your case.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:56:11 PM

How are they goxing?
USD withdrawals processed and arrived within 3 business days, can't even get it processed by MtGox after waiting for 3 months.
Bitcoins withdrawals processed almost instantly, can't even get MtGox broadcast it on blockchain after waiting for 5 hours.

Agreed, totally different situations.  They're just complying with AML/KYC/BSA.  If you're doing everything legally you have nothing to worry about.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 02:00:54 AM

whew, i thought this thread was going to be about bitstamp not paying out.

zby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:56:34 AM

whew, i thought this thread was going to be about bitstamp not paying out.

In the MtGox case that happened long time after 'goxing'.
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 02:41:09 PM

If you're doing everything legally you have nothing to worry about.

… except identity theft.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 02:41:38 PM

We kindly ask users who are unable to verify their account but have a balance with Bitstamp to please submit a support ticket here: https://www.bitstamp.net/support/ where you will be given further instructions for the resolution of your case.

100% bullshit.  I submitted FIVE TICKETS all 24 hours apart and EVERY SINGLE ONE was answered with a cut-and-paste reply telling me to send you identity-theft-enabling documents.  Finally I had to hack your API to get my coins back.

The "further instructions" are a hoax.

You people are thieves.  Get lost.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
prezbo

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:14:29 PM

100% bullshit.  I submitted FIVE TICKETS all 24 hours apart and EVERY SINGLE ONE was answered with a cut-and-paste reply telling me to send you identity-theft-enabling documents.  Finally I had to hack your API to get my coins back.

Being unable and being unwilling to verify are two very different things.

I'd love to see you run an exchange the way you expect them to run it and see how long it takes before you end up in prison. Please, just do it!
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 05:04:28 PM

Wow, glad that some people were able to get around it this way. How is Bitstamp going about dealing with people who can't verify?
zby (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 04:53:15 AM

Looks like Bitstamp is overloaded again. Let's hope the BTCChina will work today - otherwise I suspect a delays and uncertainty induced crash like in April.
PrintMule

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:32:44 PM

Looks like Bitstamp is overloaded again. Let's hope the BTCChina will work today - otherwise I suspect a delays and uncertainty induced crash like in April.

It's not ddosed completely, it works, albeit very slow
but manageable.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
tarui

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:02:29 AM

Having problems again? ??
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:53:55 AM

Having problems again? ??

Maintenance / upgrades:
https://twitter.com/Bitstamp/status/394106630033252352
iarsenaux

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 01:19:17 PM

Bitstamp works fine with me. If you are afraid to send them your identity card because you think that they will use your identity for fraud, that is also how they think of you. They don't want bitcoiners to use bitstamp.net as a way to wash dirty money.
zby (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 03:13:01 PM

Someone really should start an exchange with an n log n matching algorithm instead of the amateur n^2 (or maybe even bigger in the case of MtGox) that is probably killing both MtGox and Bitstamp on heavy days.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 03:44:43 PM

Bitstamp works fine with me. If you are afraid to send them your identity card because you think that they will use your identity for fraud, that is also how they think of you. They don't want bitcoiners to use bitstamp.net as a way to wash dirty money.

If they want customers who are simpletons and will trust them without question then there may be a reason for that.

The first thing I do when looking at an outfit is to do a whois to see if they are cloaked then check the 'about us' part of their website to see if they use an apparent foreign shell company and if anyone will use their real name.  Bitstamp seems to come up short on both these tests.

We say: "What's good for the goose is good for the gander."

---

I expected to have to give Coinbase my identity docs, but felt a bit better about doing so since the principles have used their real names.  As it happens, I can buy and sell BTC without even giving up such docs.  Better yet, I get a uniformly better price for BTC sales on Coinbase than I would at Bitstamp, and it's vastly more simple, fast, and convenient.  If they had been more clear about their capabilities, I'd have become a customer much sooner.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: