Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:15:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I would like to interview someone on my radio show  (Read 1607 times)
Isbadd (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 08:21:46 PM

Is anyone here comfortable enough with this project to explain some things to my listening audience?

We have an internet radio with over 8 million listeners at www.jackaloperadio.com and would love to talk about this cool effort.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anonymous

June 03, 2011, 08:26:22 PM

I am an excellent speaker and I do a Bitcoin podcast every now and then. I am pretty well-versed in the general workings of Bitcoin and I believe I can sufficiently explain it to the average layman.

Hit me up on how to proceed.
Isbadd (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 10:03:37 PM

Call the radio station at 310-928-7857 and speak with Todd Sheets.  I am very sure we can open some time on several different shows, but I found you first so I want to interview you on the Harmony Health Hour!
Anonymous

June 04, 2011, 01:01:47 AM

Well, I called. No pick-up nor ability to leave a message, heh. I guess I'll try later.
MeSarah

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 10:46:14 AM

I have to call BULLSHIT here for several reason. First, is that you dont have 8 million users as that would make you the largest single online radio station on the internet. Bullshit! Second, how can your radio station have 8 million listeners when your server peak is only 16 and only 1000 seats. Bullshit again! When I viewed you ShoutCast D.N.A.S. status page http://78.46.202.1:32900/ you had zero listeners connected, while at the same time my stream had 6, and my daily peaks are greater than 16 listeners. This tells me my station might be larger and I know I dont have 8 million listeners. Third, Loudcity has a limit on the 'total listened hours' allowed and its 150,000 per month. Thats a far cry from supporting 8 million listeners unless they only listen for about a minute and them leave. Plus if you were that large Loudcity would ask you to leave as they have others that apportched the 150000 total listened hours allowed. Forth, terrestrial broadcasting can not be pair with services like Loudcity (from my understanding). Fifth, Kansas City has a population just over 2 million. Thats a far cry form 8 million. Sixth, the coup d'état, http://www.1051jackfm.com/Contact.aspx shows different phone number than you provided here. The 310 area code is for Los Angeles and not Kansas City where your website claims you braodcast from in FM.

I will grant you the possiblity that you are pirate braodcaster on the FM spectrum. But even with that your not going to reach 8 million listeners even at FCC power limits of 100KW in Kansas City Missouri. And sense there is another radio station  named Jack FM operating on the fequency you cliam as yours on your website I doubt you. Plus if Im not mistaken Jack FM is own by Clear Channel. I know I have a Jack FM station in my town and there are others around the country.

I support getting the word out about Bitcoin, but I would be careful being associated with a those that intentionally mislead others.

If you would like to support an honest radio statoin you can tune into M.A.R.S Radio at (media player url) http://mars.radiome.me or if you would like to donate you can at http://radiome.me or 1F8ZcvotyoTjfR9UqHpAsgKeyLqYQyNKdW

Forgive me if I ranted or vented a bit.

May the next solved block be with you.

60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 - butterflylabs.com ``````
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2011, 11:45:55 AM

Was this a premium rate number he gave?

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
sparomba

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 12:10:17 PM

I have to call BULLSHIT here for several reason.[...]
I wouldn't say bullshit but i have to agree, OP seems to lie about some points here. the website looks pretty amateur and not professional at all. Also the website's forum, which is hosted on a third party free-hoster, is pretty empty for 8 million listeners.

there was no need to lie OP, it's a noble thing to spread the word about bitcoin

or maybe it's a scam site, quickly made by teh fbi (<_<)
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 08:33:54 PM

Was this a premium rate number he gave?

No. In the US all of these start with 900 so they're quite obvious.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Isbadd (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 09:18:13 PM

The radioshow is certainly legit.  Did you even try to listen?

Why on Earth would I waste my time creating a bunch of BS for your guys? 

Isbadd (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 09:19:40 PM

Well, I called. No pick-up nor ability to leave a message, heh. I guess I'll try later.

Sorry if Todd does not get up til after 2 pm CST, not sure why he doesn't have an answering service.  You can call my clinic at 816-436-9355 and I assure you someone will answer during normal office hours.

Isbadd (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 09:25:25 PM

I have to call BULLSHIT here for several reason. First, is that you dont have 8 million users as that would make you the largest single online radio station on the internet. Bullshit! Second, how can your radio station have 8 million listeners when your server peak is only 16 and only 1000 seats. Bullshit again! When I viewed you ShoutCast D.N.A.S. status page http://78.46.202.1:32900/ you had zero listeners connected, while at the same time my stream had 6, and my daily peaks are greater than 16 listeners. This tells me my station might be larger and I know I dont have 8 million listeners. Third, Loudcity has a limit on the 'total listened hours' allowed and its 150,000 per month. Thats a far cry from supporting 8 million listeners unless they only listen for about a minute and them leave. Plus if you were that large Loudcity would ask you to leave as they have others that apportched the 150000 total listened hours allowed. Forth, terrestrial broadcasting can not be pair with services like Loudcity (from my understanding). Fifth, Kansas City has a population just over 2 million. Thats a far cry form 8 million. Sixth, the coup d'état, http://www.1051jackfm.com/Contact.aspx shows different phone number than you provided here. The 310 area code is for Los Angeles and not Kansas City where your website claims you braodcast from in FM.

I will grant you the possiblity that you are pirate braodcaster on the FM spectrum. But even with that your not going to reach 8 million listeners even at FCC power limits of 100KW in Kansas City Missouri. And sense there is another radio station  named Jack FM operating on the fequency you cliam as yours on your website I doubt you. Plus if Im not mistaken Jack FM is own by Clear Channel. I know I have a Jack FM station in my town and there are others around the country.

I support getting the word out about Bitcoin, but I would be careful being associated with a those that intentionally mislead others.

If you would like to support an honest radio statoin you can tune into M.A.R.S Radio at (media player url) http://mars.radiome.me or if you would like to donate you can at http://radiome.me or 1F8ZcvotyoTjfR9UqHpAsgKeyLqYQyNKdW

Forgive me if I ranted or vented a bit.

May the next solved block be with you.

Nothing intentional here, I am just the host for the Harmony Health Hour, I repeated some things that were told to me in passing and I will apologize for not doing my own homework before passing on those claims.  You certainly know a great deal more about this subject that I do.  What I can say with assurance is that my little show on Friday nights does go out live, and all the shows are archived for future download at www.jackaloperadio.com.

I DO want to explore bitcoin further for my clinic and my patient base.  If you want to do some background checks on me personally, please go to www.harmonyhealth.com.  That is my clinic site, and yes it is a bit amateurish at the moment, but I have been playing with that site for more than 13 years and only recently hired a professional marketing firm to bring it up to speed. 
bcearl

Activity: 168
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:28:32 PM

I am an excellent speaker and I do a Bitcoin podcast every now and then. I am pretty well-versed in the general workings of Bitcoin and I believe I can sufficiently explain it to the average layman.

Hit me up on how to proceed.

What's your podcast?

Misspelling protects against dictionary attacks NOT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: