Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:37:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinWallet.eu Stress Test Cancelled + Bitcoin Giveaway  (Read 98815 times)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 03:30:58 AM

Imagine that a billionaire throwing out $20 notes every second at the top of Empire State Building, it will immediately jam the traffic in whole Manhattan  Grin

But that does not mean that you have to upgrade the road infrastructure of the New York city because of this

The stress test will prove that no matter how strong your infrastructure is, there is always a way to create chaos in the network, so the natural solution is to let the fee market develop, thus make the attack more and more expensive and become totally unfeasible

Currently the optimum fee is not automatically calculated for each client, there should be a fee market price feed into major clients

it kinda is like that isn't.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 03:41:47 AM

So, what, I uploaded a shit ton of these keys, it says I have oodles of btc in my blockchain acc, and I can't do shit with it... Fucking useless I guess, unless anyone has any ideas?

Basically it does not worth the effort, you are most likely to be able to pull out 0.005 bitcoin if you are lucky enough to broadcast a transaction with more than 500 inputs of 0.00001 bitcoin and get it confirmed by some of the nodes, that's $1 but will waste you a couple of hours time

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 03:44:13 AM

This is the most fumiest stress test I've seen right after this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nAc7wab-l4  Grin

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 04:34:13 AM

So, what, I uploaded a shit ton of these keys, it says I have oodles of btc in my blockchain acc, and I can't do shit with it... Fucking useless I guess, unless anyone has any ideas?

Basically it does not worth the effort, you are most likely to be able to pull out 0.005 bitcoin if you are lucky enough to broadcast a transaction with more than 500 inputs of 0.00001 bitcoin and get it confirmed by some of the nodes, that's $1 but will waste you a couple of hours time
I learned something today.
This experiment showed that several people don't fully understand how bitcoin transactions are constructed and how bitcoin ownership works. Several people seemed to think that 'sweeping' somehow automatically moves the inputs into their address without having to create a transaction. Sweeping does not move any coins and does not change coin ownership. Sweeping is just a layer that certain wallets provide that makes it look like everything has merged into one address when it really has just added a private key to your wallet.

onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:38:32 AM

This experiment showed that several people don't fully understand how bitcoin transactions are constructed and how bitcoin ownership works. Several people seemed to think that 'sweeping' somehow automatically moves the inputs into their address without having to create a transaction. Sweeping does not move any coins and does not change coin ownership. Sweeping is just a layer that certain wallets provide that makes it look like everything has merged into one address when it really has just added a private key to your wallet.

about what wallet you are talking?

usually:
import: import the address in your wallet and dont do any transaction
sweep: move funds in your wallet and forget that privkey

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
wladston

Activity: 157
Merit: 102

Always remember to be awesome.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 04:44:07 AM

It was fun to keep on spending these txs Cheesy

But now F2Pool got in the game, they spoiled it :/ Unless we have more keys to play with?

Love programming? Checkout my book at http://code.energy/book
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 04:56:52 AM

about what wallet you are talking?

usually:
import: import the address in your wallet and dont do any transaction
sweep: move funds in your wallet and forget that privkey

Yes but the transaction still needs to take place. People were sweeping these keys thinking they would automatically have these funds moved to their wallet. The sweep imports the key and then creates a transaction to move the inputs, it's just a layer.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:58:47 AM

But now F2Pool got in the game, they spoiled it :/

What happened?
wladston

Activity: 157
Merit: 102

Always remember to be awesome.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 05:05:44 AM

What happened?

They are clearing a lot of the dust, and including HUGE transaction fees. They probably have ready-made scripts for that.

Love programming? Checkout my book at http://code.energy/book
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:11:22 AM

What happened?

They are clearing a lot of the dust, and including HUGE transaction fees. They probably have ready-made scripts for that.

It's what I would do if I ran a mining pool.
n3lz0n

Activity: 618

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:12:58 AM

dont bother....its will just waste ur time...

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 07:10:06 AM

What happened?

Indeed, they have a good chance of taking those fees through their mining operations.

Funny how people are scrambling over this dust, shame for the load it brings to the network Cheesy
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 07:36:43 AM

What happened?

looks like F2Pool are the good guys. how do they do it? what do they get for dust cleaning?

at least coinwallet failed yet again D:

ChetnotAtkins

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 07:59:35 AM

So that was it, or can we expect another round of private keys? It doesn't seem that this test did any stress except to those newb's wallets who don't understand how to contruct transactions.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 08:06:48 AM

They are also helping the network, which is the opposite of what the members were doing. The members have caused a 141 MB (i.e. 141+ block) delay. Let's just hope that the majority of users have stopped wasting their time while suffocating the network in the process. Luckily normal transactions don't seem to be affected to some extent (if at all).

It's been 24 hours and I see no complaints on twitter from the usual Bitcoin devs nor do I see an uproar on Reddit about block delays.
I would pay zero attention to what you don't see here or on Reddit. lol

The /r/bitcoin is one of the most censored subreddits ever created. I think one mod reported that over 50% of the posts and comments are deleted.
How about we stop that nonsense? I seriously doubt that posts about network delays would be censored. That being said, it looks fine over here. Have you tried sending a transaction with a standard or optimal fee?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
chaoman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:27:46 AM

great way to create positive pr coin wallet, everybody loves you and supports your service...oh wait.
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:29:31 AM

great way to create positive pr coin wallet, everybody loves you and supports your service...oh wait.

If I was an evil competitor I would user their name for this stress test.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:55:19 AM

What happened?

looks like F2Pool are the good guys. how do they do it? what do they get for dust cleaning?

at least coinwallet failed yet again D:

I don't think that they got much. They just jumped in and pretty much helped unclog the network. They scooped up all of the dust (they actually know how, have experts, bots and scripts) so that average users (that don't have a clue after all what they are doing) don't harm the network anymore, unintentionally.

You can say what you want, but we will learn a lot from this so called stress test, I am sure about this. F2Pool are definitely good guys and they were here to help their network!
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:05:32 AM

If I was an evil competitor I would user their name for this stress test.

If this were the case, I'd react.
ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:50:06 AM

There is merely a larger supply of transactions.

Yes, there's a considerable backlog of dust transactions with low fees. This is fine. They will be dealt with when there's less demand for block space. As said before, "normal" transactions are barely affected. Pay fees / having age helps "normal" transactions getting processed with more priority.

Is this a problem for Bitcoin? Maybe mildly... According to Blocktrail a BTC0.00016675 fee will get your transaction into the next block 80% of the time and a BTC0.00006429 fee will get you in the next 2 blocks 80% of the time. That is what... less than $.05 and $.02 respectively. I don't think that any party making a serious transaction would complain about those transaction costs. For me it would only become troublesome when transaction fees start to approach paypal / cc levels.

TL:DR; I don't see the problem.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: