Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:50:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you supporting selling accounts on this forum? YES OR NO  (Voting closed: December 07, 2015, 06:52:36 AM)
YES - 42 (59.2%)
NO - 29 (40.8%)
Total Voters: 71

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling accounts on this forum is correct or not  (Read 3558 times)
GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:20:37 AM

I think it's a rather distasteful practice but it will always be with us. If sig campaigns are gone, buying rep will still count for something no matter what happens.

If signature campaigns gone means more than 60% traffic to this forums also will reduce. Most people are active here because of signature campaign.

Where do you get those numbers from? Signatures are fairly new and people was here before signatures, the peak of people online was in 2013 no signatures back then so deleting signatures will not affect the traffic of the forum at all, only spammers would leave, if you are here just because of signature campaigns means you are probably a spammer.

Advising or blaming others is very easy job because it won't ask money. If you're pointing signature campaign, who ever joined are spammer means. I would say you're the first most spammer. First remove your signature and advice others. Do not post some useless posts to earn money for you.

Your post was impossible to understand. The guy said the forum would lose traffic if signature campaigns are disabled and that's simply not true. This forum shouldn't be about signature campaigns in the first place, this forum is about bitcoin and people should be here because of bitcoin. You can join a signature campaign, nothing wrong with that but if you are here just because of the signature campaigns then something is wrong. Signature campaigns are the reason why btc accounts are worth anything.

I really believe your explanation only if you remove you signature and still post on this forum for some time. Otherwise your just posting on this thread also to earn some money. Hope you will prove that what you said.

I don't have to do that. There are, what, like 1000 members participating in singature campaigns at most. This forum has way more people participating without wearing a signature and always have been. The gambling section is full of signatures but that's not where most traffic goes to. Bitcoin discussion and altcoins are the most popular boards and almost no one wears a signature in the altcoin section.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 10:29:52 PM

I dont think there is any harm in allowing account selling.The purpose of this forum is to promote Bitcoin usage and spreading information about it.Selling account is in no way affects the purposes of it.In fact it brings more people here

tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:08:51 PM

Do you have any proof only scammers are buying accounts and good people are not buying accounts?
If you don't have then just vote whichever you want but don't make any judgement. We want only proofs not your assumptions.

If signature campaigns gone means more than 60% traffic to this forums also will reduce. Most people are active here because of signature campaign.

Apart from anything, why not abide by your own rules of "proof", instead of pulling fantasy stats out of your ass to support your argument?

But let's assume your >60% traffic stat is real, and that the majority of posters would not be here if there were no signature campaigns.
Well good fucking riddance then.

No signature campaigns=
>60% reduction in spam
less incentive to trade accounts
less incentive to farm accounts
less incentive to run alts

Trading accounts is a symptom, the cause is signature campaigns.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:23:45 PM

A common theme among the people who are voicing their opinion against the sale of forum accounts is that the sale of accounts leads to scams. I would however question that conclusion and ask how many scams (both as a percentage of account sales and as a percentage of forum scams) are from sold accounts and how many of those were made possible (or at least aided) by the fact that it was a sold account. I would believe for that number to actually be quite low and in the grand scheme of things, allowing the sale of accounts probably actually decreases overall scamming activity because it gives people who are desperate for money one additional way to get money that does not involve stealing from others.
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 04:14:14 AM

there are so many good escrows on this forum that I see
no reason why anyone would get scammed. Some just want
good rep/feedback and dont even ask for a %.  If that is
everyones worry its a real simple solution. Use a trusted 3rd
party no matter how the account is.

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:10:43 AM

A common theme among the people who are voicing their opinion against the sale of forum accounts is that the sale of accounts leads to scams. I would however question that conclusion and ask how many scams (both as a percentage of account sales and as a percentage of forum scams) are from sold accounts and how many of those were made possible (or at least aided) by the fact that it was a sold account. I would believe for that number to actually be quite low and in the grand scheme of things, allowing the sale of accounts probably actually decreases overall scamming activity because it gives people who are desperate for money one additional way to get money that does not involve stealing from others.

Of course you are going to defend it but you were selling DT accounts too as far as I know, would you say those accounts can't be used to scam? How do you know? A lot of proven scammers just buy another account to keep scamming, is not like people who are desperate for money would buy accounts to scam.
croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:20:04 AM

Selling accounts is legal on this forum, but personally, i am against that. Not just to we help scammers that way and make them easy to steal money from honest members, we make possible to anyone buy high ranked account and have it without investing any time and effort.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:22:08 AM

Of course you are going to defend it but you were selling DT accounts too as far as I know, would you say those accounts can't be used to scam? How do you know? A lot of proven scammers just buy another account to keep scamming, is not like people who are desperate for money would buy accounts to scam.
I did not say that accounts can't be used to scam, I said that accounts (DT accounts included) generally are not used to scam.

Like I said, give examples of the kinds of scams that you claim are the result of sold accounts, otherwise you are just making things up
rally

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:25:15 AM

Why not?
In the world almost everything is for sale or to buy.
If you have enough money you can buy almost everything.

BlackBaron

Activity: 643
Merit: 263

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:45:17 AM

Why not?
In the world almost everything is for sale or to buy.
If you have enough money you can buy almost everything.
There are many things that you can buy with money but still there are some things that money can never buy you.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:55:30 AM

I did not say that accounts can't be used to scam, I said that accounts (DT accounts included) generally are not used to scam.

Like I said, give examples of the kinds of scams that you claim are the result of sold accounts, otherwise you are just making things up

So why would anyone buy a DT member account if it's not to scam? And don't tell me it's to do business because everyone started with 0 trust accounts and they have been doing business just fine.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:45:08 PM

So why would anyone buy a DT member account if it's not to scam? And don't tell me it's to do business because everyone started with 0 trust accounts and they have been doing business just fine.
Prestige, to get a jump start with their business.  Also for all intensive purposes, this account did not start as a zero trust account despite it being a brand new account and not being purchased.

If you are unable to give solid evidence to backup your statements, then why don't you just admit that you are just making up your argument?
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 02:59:07 PM

Some of the accounts that were involved in scams were sold accounts (by checking their activity, password status and posting style). Recently I saw two sold accounts scamming users in the Currency exchange section and they were accounts not used since 2012/2013 with one having a positive trust while the other one dint have any trust and the rank was low. Since the accounts were old, the person sent first and then got scammed. The percentage may be low as some of the accounts which are sold can't even be detected while some can. However, I don't believe that account sales have reduced these scam activities when instead they have increased chances of getting scammed.

Deluxee

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 03:48:58 PM

TL;DR: bitcoinblackfriday.info -- brought to you by bought accounts & signature campaigns.

thriftshopping bought the account GotaPauj on November 02, 2015 and therefore while smith coins, prodigy8, lorylore, jt byte and Prasmatic were alt accounts of GotaPauj they're no longer alts when the scam happened (or at least there's no proofs of that).
Of course, this is just an example. I remember there was some huge cloud mining ponzi too, with signature campaigns etc., can't think of the name offhand, but huge. Account dealers don't disclose which accounts are being sold, so compiling a full list is difficult.
You're welcome.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 04:08:21 PM

Prestige, to get a jump start with their business.  Also for all intensive purposes, this account did not start as a zero trust account despite it being a brand new account and not being purchased.

If you are unable to give solid evidence to backup your statements, then why don't you just admit that you are just making up your argument?

You could apply the same criticism to your statements QS.
You may be able to say that your opinion is based on your experience of selling accounts and that, as far as you are aware, few of them have been used to scam with so far, but that's all.
One recent example I can immediately think of was Rikkie and Cloudthink https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=168298 where a senior account was purchased to lend respectability to a scam. I would think there are others.

My personal opinion is that the old chestnut "If a senior member is broke and needs money, he can sell his account instead of turning scammer, so selling accounts is good" has no basis in fact whatsoever..

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:59:53 PM

Well, I personally feel that it is okay to sell your account, but not moral. Activity is earned, not bought.

It really depends on what accounts are used for what purposes. Some are used to farm signature campaigns, others do it for the privacy, and some people just do it because they want to scam. Some people have no moral sense...

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
FINOallaFINE

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:17:58 AM

Who cares? I say do as you please as long as you are not scamming anyone.

Scamming is the problem. Selling account is not. Make it clear that an account is bought and do not tag negative to the bought account. This will be a good business for the forum.

I agree with your opinion,
according to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0#post_faq although it is not an official rules issued by bitcointalk, but can be used as a reference.
Xapodat

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:11:28 AM

Who cares? I say do as you please as long as you are not scamming anyone.

Scamming is the problem. Selling account is not. Make it clear that an account is bought and do not tag negative to the bought account. This will be a good business for the forum.

We have scam busters like vod, mex, shield etal, the chance that these accounts are used for scams is quite low.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: