Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 01:49:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any coins which aren't just pump and dump?  (Read 1336 times)
Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:53:48 AM

MINT - Take a look at Mintcoin.

Solid, established, fast, proof-of-stake coin with a good community, multiple active devs.

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"
venlo

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 02:11:16 AM

Sick and tired of seeing coins which are just created for pump and dump and then open up as a new name a few days after they have died?

"Pump and dump" is everything, my man. Even the Dow Jones and the USDollar aswell as practically everything else. No exception.

But you talk about vapourware scamcoins that die off very fast, right? Well, to solve that problem for you: stop buying in brand newcoins and look for older ones that have community and history. After a lot of these experiences i don't buy coins that haven't survived 6 months at least. Not even looking at new stuff anymore. I'll be interested if it doesn't die after the first and second pump.
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 02:59:18 AM

That is good advice. In today's wacky world of financial markets everything is pretty much suspect: stocks/bonds/commodities etc.. Hell, oil went to $147 a barrel and then dumped down into the mid-twenties in the space of a few months. That was probably one of the greatest P&D in Wall Street history.

Sick and tired of seeing coins which are just created for pump and dump and then open up as a new name a few days after they have died?

"Pump and dump" is everything, my man. Even the Dow Jones and the USDollar aswell as practically everything else. No exception.

But you talk about vapourware scamcoins that die off very fast, right? Well, to solve that problem for you: stop buying in brand newcoins and look for older ones that have community and history. After a lot of these experiences i don't buy coins that haven't survived 6 months at least. Not even looking at new stuff anymore. I'll be interested if it doesn't die after the first and second pump.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:52:19 PM

When you get to a point where your definition of a term includes everything then you have deprived the descriptive term of any useful value. That may be mere fuzzy thinking or it may be that you have an agenda to try to prevent the effective labeling of something most deserving of the label.

Everything probably does have some degree of market manipulation, but the relative effect manipulation has on a much smaller asset with narrow holdings, limited liquidity, and without any real widespread usage case is orders of magnitude greater.

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 09:17:19 PM

PrimeChain, earn bonuses for verifying Prime Numbers. Newly listed on Bittrex and the multipool that just went up today will provide daily buying pressure

BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:25:23 PM

BURST will have a mining uppgrade soon, with safer mining network, and less risk of 51% attack.

People should buy it now, to help miners finance the cost of mining equipment.
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:54:30 AM

DigiByte strives not to be a p&d coin but like people have said in here already it's not the coin that is p&d, it is the people that buy and sell it. DigiByte has a good community with many long term thinking members. It is definitely worth investing a little here.
username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 06:01:43 PM

Writcoin[™] . . . defines a blockbase™ transaction as being any coinbase transaction with only one, unspendable output.

One's efforts would prove fruitless within the network referenced above.

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: