April 24, 2024, 07:12:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: none
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable  (Read 237556 times)
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 06:27:14 AM

Pool is ready for pre-reg:

https://soil.suprnova.cc

See you at launch !

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CowboyKiller

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 06:40:11 AM

200k is an enormous premine when block rewards are in the single digits.
1M premine is a ludicris amount.

This is smallest premine among the eth coins so far.

wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 06:43:51 AM

Ocminer as always never sleeps Smiley
markoniko

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 07:42:13 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2015, 08:05:02 AM by markoniko

v3 works Ok, on win7, now to try v4 version...

https://i.imgur.com/7ECNQiD.png

v4 works OK to...

for local mining, bat for server

gsoil.exe --rpc --rpcaddr "192.168.0.105" --rpcport "39338" --etherbase yourAddressFromWallet

bat for miner

ethminer -F http://192.168.0.105:39338 -G --cl-global-work 16384

change 192.168.0.105 to your local IP address....
Bat for miner on other local rigs is the same, just copy and run....
LieTOme

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 07:47:11 AM

not enough to convince  Grin
Xdragon

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 10:16:07 AM

When is launch? Countdown should be in OP
gambino

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 10:40:19 AM

lol... you didn't announce the block reward yet.... if the block reward is 1 coin 200k premine is equal to 200000 blocks  Roll Eyes
If the premine is 200k i vote for block reward of 1k coins
Who need yet another ETH clone with huge premine?
P-Funk

Activity: 360

Token

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 11:41:11 AM

I think a nice even 10 tokens would be nice for a block reward. But remember you can do anything with it, it doesn't have to be low like Ethereum/Shift/Expanse. Of course you don't want it too high for traders' sake. If it can't be reliably traded in the BTC satoshi range it's not good Smiley

I'd like to see the networks' specs in the OP. Block target time, block reward, etc.

As for a premine, as long as it's responsibly given to people developing services as a reward I think it's ok to do that. Services like block explorers are valuable and should be rewarded.
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 11:50:23 AM

bear in mind, those who are against a premine, that funds have to be placed in faucet balances, for bounties, potential giveaways, etc. we want SOIL to be much more community oriented, but we also want to get the word about SOIL out to as many people. ETH, EXP, and SHF dont have faucets, (ETH sort of does, but none that would bring its brand to the most people) which im working on setting up amongst the more established and long running multicoin faucets and inclusion in the bleufaucet. as for giveaways, ETH only has a giveaway to the three largest miners at a single pool, which seems to be brought about BY the pool and not the ETH team. it rewards those who have the big mining rigs and leaves the rest of the community unable even approach that. neither SHF or EXP have made any giveaways. im working on setting up a limited giveaway for social media tasks which will be unlike any of the other ethereum clones. to fund those projects which will bring more people to the SOIL community, they need to be funded. a small premine to handle that, compared to the large premines of the other ETH clones which havent worked on bringing exposure of the asset to the public is hardly a bad thing. look at the other ethereum-network based coins.. ETH had a 60 million crowdsale to fund their project and a 12 million coin premine. EXP had an 11 million premine with a block reward of only 8 (itll take over two years for the mining to reach the level of coins from the premine). SHF had a 250,000 premine, with a 3 SHF block reward. we can beat those amounts and make this a more attractive and fair coin, which will increase the value for those that buy and hold SOIL.

in other news, which will be updated in [ANN] post is that we now have a twitter address ( @SOILcoin ), a facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/SOILcoin/) and a slack instance (soil-team.slack.com) which is still invite only, but we want to hear from you guys, we want to develop and evolve this coin into something democratic and where YOU have a say in the future of SOIL, not like other coins where the Devs have control. you can email me at SOILcoin@yahoo.com or at abvhiael@live.ca for an invite. the subreddit should be up and ready later today, and im looking into an IRC channel and other social media presences as well (VK, LinkedIn, etc.) if you missed the post above, the first mining pool at soil.suprnova.cc will be ready for the launch. (ive been pool mining EXP for a few days there, and even with my single radeon R5 graphics card, ive still brought in a little over 1EXP in two days of just letting it run in the background as i work on SOIL)

as the Dev has said, in the [ANN] posting, SOIL will be balanced with democratic control and an orientation for community involvement. we want this coin to be a viable alternative, with smart brand focused contracts, and a vibrant and involved community which will stand the test of time and not a pump-and-dump scamcoin. feel free to write me at the above email addresses if you have ideas on how to expand the market awareness of SOIL so that we can get the word out to as many people as possible!

kindest regards
~abvhiael crowley
abvhiael

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 12:06:55 PM

the subreddit page is now up and running at https://www.reddit.com/r/SOILcoin/. GET INVOLVED! we need YOU to make this project a success.
Bagdar13

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:09:37 PM

lol... you didn't announce the block reward yet.... if the block reward is 1 coin 200k premine is equal to 200000 blocks  Roll Eyes

You are right - sorry!
I have 2 suggestions for the blockreward by now 5 and 7.

So, I would suggest a blockreward of 6.

I would like to clarify this a bit. So, there will be no premine. The blockchain will be virgin.
We would instead put the bounty into the genesis.

We will all start near to block 0.
In fact, we will premine a few blocks -let's say ~ 30 - before ETA to prepare the main-net und roll on the blockchain.

Speaking of the 50K you are reserving for yourself, are you willing to put that into a time delayed contract so you would not be paid out until some time has elapsed say block 100k or a series of payments every 50k blocks or so?  It is your program so of-course you may do as you please, but if you were to limit the payout to yourself in a time it might build confidence that a 26500 dump, ala shift, wont come on the exchanges at a random time.(and by random time i mean first 20k blocks)
mookid

Activity: 446
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 05:04:32 PM

So, like expanse, if i want to mine this coin with Sprnova i only need to edit a .bat file with the same ethminer.exe that i use with Ethereum? ./ethminer -G -F http://soil.suprnova.cc:3000/Weblogin.WorkerName/YourHashrateInMH/s
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 05:24:45 PM

So, like expanse, if i want to mine this coin with Sprnova i only need to edit a .bat file with the same ethminer.exe that i use with Ethereum? ./ethminer -G -F http://soil.suprnova.cc:3000/Weblogin.WorkerName/YourHashrateInMH/s

Exactly.. It's everything the same like with ETH, EXP or Shift.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Hix
Legendary

Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 06:31:56 PM

You are right - sorry!
I have 2 suggestions for the blockreward by now 5 and 7.

So, I would suggest a blockreward of 6.

Block time?
soulistyce

Activity: 699
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 06:48:40 PM

Launch date.please  Wink
abvhiael

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:43:37 AM

a final launch date has not been set in stone, but when one is, there will be a countdown timer set on the OP to ensure that the launch of SOIL is a fair one, and not a ninja release. the soil dev is working tirelessly on making sure that the release will be a smooth one. presently, there is work being done to streamline the GUI wallet, as well as setting up the social aspect of SOIL with faucets, bounties, etc. the view of SOIL is as a developmental platform and not just merely a speculative currency. 

the testnet is up and running and the V4 package at https://mega.nz/#!RxYmXDyC!BKSe1BZlFdTb309rol-DTknAW0x6XB7rvOwtgKVQFHA will enable anyone to come on board and help ensure that things are running perfectly. the purpose of any testnet is to allow users to comfortably install, configure, and test their software and mining setups. *EVERYONE* deserves to have the advantage of a fair start and the ability to mine on the SOIL network from the moment it launches. specifics (block time, reward, etc) are in the process of being fine tuned, and we want those to be fair and inflation proof. these will be posted on the OP as soon as final decisions have made, and in that we have asked for the input of the community of users who will be part of the ongoing evolution of SOIL. there must be incentive for people to get involved with the mining and securing of the network, as well as actively trading and becoming involved with the project.

SOIL is built to be a decentralized organization with fair oppurtunity for all those involved, miners, traders, developers of evolutionary aspects of the currency to have their voice heard and be a part of those significant decisions on what features, updates, etc need to be focused on. this is a collective project, and your voice MATTERS. your VOTE matters in the final decision making.

any well built cryptocoin takes time to compile and release. Ethereum took years and depended on a massive presale of coins. it is, as anyone following the Ethereum project knows, STILL a work in progress.. with Frontier released, there is still no exact timetable set for the release of stage 2, Homestead. for a project to be done properly, it has to be tested, and tweaked and retested. the core developmental team of SOIL will rely on the active SOIL holders to help in that decision making process. this is a project about the COMMON OWNERSHIP of a responsible and democratic decentralized currency. what do users here feel about services such as CryptoVote to ensure fair voting?

there have been many coins rushed and released that "went wrong" and died premature and ugly deaths. we dont want that to happen with SOIL. there have been many coins that have been abandoned by the developers and again, this is something that the SOIL-team does not want to see happen. the lead developer wants this to be an enduring cryptocurrency, and i have given my time to set up a social media presence and to moderate that for the long forseeable future. there have been FAR TOO MANY scamcoins released as get-rich quick schemes with massive premines and pump-and-dump strategies, leaving the asset completely worthless. this harms the WHOLE altcoin world. this is meant to be an open and honest currency, with vigorous democracy and vibrant community input. this cannot be a "just trust me!" sort of development, and that is why we ask for your input.

and, as with any project, after its genesis, there will need to be further developments. there is no presale or ICO involved with SOIL, and bounties for incentives and rewards leading to further developments (wallets for android, translations, bug finding) and faucet donations, brand exposure giveaways, website hosting costs, graphics design and costs, and tool development will require an outlay of coins in order to succeed. giveaways strengthen the currency. i got my first giveaway from XMG (Magi) which i have held on to, and has kept me interested in teh coin itself, and i have purchased more on exchanges and held them.

there are pros and cons to premining and reserves. yes, the developer gets paid for his work, he IS putting his time into the project, one which many will approach to increase the value of their own portfolios, which is, boiled down to its core, why anyone trades in cryptocurrency. bounties can be paid and coin distribution can occur. the difference here is that we can provide a public and accessible account ledger showing exactly WHERE premined or reserved coins would go, and WHY. there NEEDS to be trasparency regarding that, and a lack of anonymity regarding the reserve account should be expected to ensure trust in the developer. the more exposure SOIL gets, the more people will become involved and the more value to YOU, the miners and traders, will be effected. i understand the negative preconceptions regarding premined coins, and frankly, the very limited premine the core developer had suggested is FAR less than with most other altcoins. this inst a copy-and-paste altcoin, soil is working very hard to make this project relevant and long standing. with a small reserve set up for bounties and distribution, this will give the coin visibility in a hyper competitive altcoin marketplace. it creates an interest in the currency, especially from those users who will receive them. a LOT of people can end up with these coins which increases the possibility of a viable economy for the currency, with the hopes they dont just cash them in. even for those that DO, its free money, created ex-nihilo, with a direct benefit to the receiver. this is not saying that the developmental core has interest in dumping these coins, and the limited number held in reserves would be disbursed according to fair processes and input from the community. again, as opined in a previous post, any reserve could and SHOULD be limited to smart contracts which enable the slow release of community reserves for those purposes outlined above. an advisory board could be set up to ensure the disbursement of reserved coins be distributed fairly, and that requires your INVOLVEMENT. for the sake of transparency, i have not voted in the polls regarding premining or bounties.

with that said, id like to understand why, from those who vote against a limited premine or reserve why they feel that way. the same thing can be asked to those who responded positively towards that approach. your voice matters, and your opinion matters. another question i would like to ask is the opinion regarding hard caps to the number of coins eventually minted or perpetual coin minting. thank you for your time reading this lengthy post, but i feel an honest conversation regarding these topics makes for a healthier asset.

regards,
~abvhiael
CowboyKiller

Activity: 463

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:45:35 AM

looks cool and all but I advise brevity (short posts). There are no rocket surgeons in this game.

Battareus

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:00:41 AM

This is the challenge. Try to not laud when you see the OP.
Battareus

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:02:39 AM

abvhiael, how much cost this article?
abvhiael

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 01:30:29 PM

battareus, it cost about an hour of my evening.

i know it was long, and detailed, but i have a lot of faith in this project and where we can bring SOIL. this is more than just about a speculative currency. the wonderful thing about ethereum-network based projects is the operating system built in that can support decentralized and automatic applications. when vitalik speaks on this, in many youtube videos, its difficult to really grasp what hes talking about. with SOIL, we can focus the brand towards a specific market. there are many ecology based simple and automated programs that SOIL can serve with efficiency. the ethereum platform, and thus - the SOIL platform, creates a virtual network of unfailing computational power without the need of the end user to worry about running these things on their own server.

lets take an example, poultry farmers automate a great deal of their operations. lets take just ONE of these that the SOIL platform can serve, the hatchery. from temperature control of the incubators, egg and chick weighing machines, "candling" machines, inovo injection and egg vaccination, conveyor driven industrial washers and waste management systems. all of these are now automated in the modern poultry business. all of these are controlled by a centralized server on the farm, which costs the farmer money for power, and runs the persistent risk of server downtime due to viruses, hardware failures, incubator temperature overruns and deficiencies, etc.

by placing the simple automation commands on top of the SOIL network, this gives the farm the security of a vast decentralized and safe network which takes care of these simple commands. there is no downtime because of hardware failures.

keeping with that idea, think of automated crop irrigation systems, milking and pasteurization processes on dairy farms, unmanned tractors, even things like seed company ordering systems (think Veseys Seeds for example) ... the world of ecology based systems is changing at an amazing pace, the automation of farming solves the problems of labour shortages (which run on approximately 71% of modern farms) and failures to complete crop harvesting (which runs about 20%) agricultural systems are more and more running towards an automated solution to this, and by placing these systems on a decentralized network increases the efficiency (and the bottom line).

this goes beyond farming. mining companies have found that using automated systems can save a company up to 80% against labour shortage and related costs while concurrently increasing productivity and safety.

THIS is what the contract aspect of the ethereum (and thus, the SOIL) network is built for. THIS is what will make SOIL a viable and long lasting cryptocurrency. and the SOIL coin will be the fuel that runs those applications, the fee paid by application users to have that peace of mind. and on top of that, its ALSO a speculative currency, it IS an investment into the future of computing.

THIS is what we are creating, something more than a simple vanity coin that has no real world intrinsic value beyond what the market says its worth. SOIL will have value OUTSIDE of the exchanges, it will have meat space practicality. to get THERE we need to start HERE. these are the first steps towards the future of how things get done. the platform needs to be built, which is well on its way. the currency needs to achieve viability and value. it needs to become a brand. these are the first steps.

and, as a community consensus driven project, we need YOUR help. this isn't about lauding the project, its about having a vision for something beyond a simple currency. when viewed in the larger picture, things such as limited pre-mining and such are very inconsequential. there is a VISION behind this platform, and we need your help to get it off the ground and RELEVANT.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: