April 23, 2024, 11:35:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: none
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable  (Read 237556 times)
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:58:42 PM

One question dev i`m one from very few that is still mining soil, what are you`re future plans with soil?

short term: we're working on porting into an android (and then iOS) wallet, which will bring us a step closer to marketability for retail use as well as let you take your SOIL with you. we're talking with other DApps developers, specifically regarding porting over a blockchain hosted decentralized exchange with SOIL as the base currency. we are hoping to be listed on the ETH-platform hosted iteration of this as well, as a cross-chain parallel currency, not exactly a subcurrency strictly speaking (the token program available thru the ETH platform) but as silver to Ethereum's gold, analogously speaking.

right now we are focusing on the population of the blockchain with middleware DApps with which the long term goals of autonous ag hosting and renewable energy monitoring concerns implementation. the DAPPsphere is an exciting, open source, treasure trove of applications that can be repurposed towards SOILs unique vision.

mid-term projects that we're looking into and working on... a DApps toolkit/framework for SOIL, swarm implementation of p2p data and file transfer (enabling intelligent databases in teh future), and something that wll probably start out as a community message board, but has the potential to be expanded into a social media outlet. id like to see a simple interface graphical miner that could be integrated into SOILsafe, running gsoil and ethminer in the background and a SOIL "marketplace" in the near-to-midterm future, but essentially right now, development is towards a simpler and streamlined wallet service, improved mining and middleware development.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xtrembash

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:56:21 PM

thanks for your time & your point of view

@1900sat
lmao dat epic price for a coin with 8 coins BlockReward
total fail
soil is one of the most unfair "coin" ever for mining

well, the market sets the value, which ive said all along. eventually, when the firesale SOIl has been distributed outwardly, the push of miner profit/market price will even out. its a supply and demand thing. with 400,000 mined SOIL and 50,000 testnet SOIL, there are 165,000 SOIL on the sellers wall at the market. nearly a third. as my earlier post pointed out, the approximately 50,000 SOIL bounty deductions were deducted from the community reserves and no SOIL had been withdrawn from the developers wallets.

truly, this is the community settings it's own price, for now. we will be adding implementations and building recognition. this is as much of a roadmap i can give for the coming weeks. middleware DApps integrated into the system, platform translations, ease-of-mining are the areas we should be focusing on right now, building the contracts that will enable other contracts to speak with eachother, within a network of interactions like clockworks. android wallet and full featured block explorer. a functioning GUI mining application..

letters introducing perspective industry endusers are being written, providing an alternative to the costly cloud server application subscription services. remarking on the benefits of a reliant programmatic network on top of an unalterable block chain. when i started out looking at this project, i set my first big milestone at about two years, around the point we halve the block reward, with about 14 million minted SOIL. thats not a big number if you think about it, compared to some of the crazier altcoins on the marketplace... to the high OR low side... and being able to have the middleware layer of DApps running underneath the larger scale DApps, that interact with the enduser. two years of development work.

the network is THERE now. its a digital ENTITY. now it needs to be written upon, the scalability of it must be tested. as for the market value for the commodity of SOIL, i cant affect that, i wouldnt want to be able to affect it. i see it as an incentive to work harder to exponentially increase our value with ongoing work and marketing of the product we have built.

a coin only fails when its developers abandon it. i have a strong vision of what this global virtual machine CAN do. i can visualize how we can serve a specific industry sector, thus making it possible other focused blockchains will emerge. many retail giants have discussed issuing their own branded altcoin. McBucks anyone? WalDollars? a commecialization of the blockchain was inevitable. as is specific blockchain communities. with ETH-based protocol, whats good on one will translate to another, so that the whole of the ETH-platform based crypto should be theoretically able to speak to eachother, to interact. how long until the NHL (showing my canadian pride here) decides to build a private chain with team hosted applications and user interaction, using the coin generated by computational processing borrowing for mining, as tokens for use within a self-contained branded storefront...

with SOIL, i think we can push those boundries out, testing how the whole might interact with its parts, how visionaries like piper merriem can rebuild the internet without middlemen between you and me, and how we can adapt that for SOIL. within a few years, maybe itll be "yeah, theres a DApp for THAT!" but we're only now having the first few major projects starting to populate on the ETH platform. theres still a lot of pushing at the borders, and now its a matter of finding out where and how and which of those emergent technologies is practical and relevant to the SOIL network? does having a low market price/gas price, computationallly speaking, make SOIL a better place to do business, economically speaking?

this is our new reality for SOIL you, the community sets the price that you are willing to buy and sell SOIL for. i have purchased small amounts of SOIL on the market, it remains an investment for me. at this end, its time to build the middleware layer on the network on top of the blockchain, make it more interactive and user-expedient. its time to present what we've built and its benefits to the industry beyond where we will biuld our business towards. we're TEN DAYS since launch. this coin isnt going to fail, itll find its legs.

i cant understand how its an unfair coin for mining? the mining profit needed to mine a coin is reduced on SOIL based on its low value that the market set, much of it is what has been mined, so in its way thats truly the most democratic market that can be set. with miners migrating out lower hashrates and difficulty set by the gravity well algo wil tailor the system to maintain its distribution schedule to lower hashrated mining. solo mining will become profitable again and the price rises. i understand that a perceptually low block reward might keep miners away who are looking for big profits now, after all, its a monetary business... but lower availability as time continues against the finite level of SOIL to be minted, will raise the price as well.

the markets GLUTTED. thats it. pull some off the low sell lists and the price goes up. its hard to be patient in the cryptocurrency world where its all about turning a profit. in building SOIL and working towards something a whole lot bigger within it, for me, this isnt about profit, its about the future. where something small now might build into something complex and interconnected and alive in its own right.

joshafest

Activity: 374

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:46:34 AM

good coin....
but is there any conceptual difference btween blockchain based and etherum based currency?

▄███████████████▄
▄██▀ ▀██▄
▄▄██▀ ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀█████
██ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄ ██
▐█▌ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███ ▐█▌
██ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀ ██
▐█▌ █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█ ▐█▌
██ █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█ ██
▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█ ▐█▌
██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
██▌ ▀ ▀███▄▄▄█████▀ ▐██
██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▀███▄███▀
▀███▀
DeepOnion
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
Your Anonymity Guaranteed
Your Assets Secured by TOR
Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
| ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
▄██▄█▄██▀
▄██████▀
▄██████▀
▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
▀█████ ▄███████
████████████▀██
██▀███████▀ ██
██ ▀████▀ ██
██ ▀▀ ██
▀█████████████▀
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:38:13 AM

This is very good coin, but not that popular and it`s a shame.
Zywiec

Activity: 414

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:40:11 AM

Seems like  the most of users are doubters, not believers.

Dev prepared construvtive plan of development, what else is needed to be involved...

joshafest

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:11:31 PM

I don't know what people think.....
about this coin
but i like it very much....
.. although i don't have good skill in go language ..lol

Is pos also work fine on ether platform?

▄███████████████▄
▄██▀ ▀██▄
▄▄██▀ ▀██▄▄
██ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄ ██
██▌ ▀ ▀███▄▄▄█████▀ ▐██
██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▀███▄███▀
▀███▀
DeepOnion
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
| ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
▄██▄█▄██▀
▄██████▀
▄██████▀
▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
▀█████ ▄███████
████████████▀██
██▀███████▀ ██
██ ▀████▀ ██
██ ▀▀ ██
▀█████████████▀
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2448
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 02:48:33 PM

One question dev i`m one from very few that is still mining soil, what are you`re future plans with soil?

short term: we're working on porting into an android (and then iOS) wallet, which will bring us a step closer to marketability for retail use as well as let you take your SOIL with you. we're talking with other DApps developers, specifically regarding porting over a blockchain hosted decentralized exchange with SOIL as the base currency. we are hoping to be listed on the ETH-platform hosted iteration of this as well, as a cross-chain parallel currency, not exactly a subcurrency strictly speaking (the token program available thru the ETH platform) but as silver to Ethereum's gold, analogously speaking.

right now we are focusing on the population of the blockchain with middleware DApps with which the long term goals of autonous ag hosting and renewable energy monitoring concerns implementation. the DAPPsphere is an exciting, open source, treasure trove of applications that can be repurposed towards SOILs unique vision.

mid-term projects that we're looking into and working on... a DApps toolkit/framework for SOIL, swarm implementation of p2p data and file transfer (enabling intelligent databases in teh future), and something that wll probably start out as a community message board, but has the potential to be expanded into a social media outlet. id like to see a simple interface graphical miner that could be integrated into SOILsafe, running gsoil and ethminer in the background and a SOIL "marketplace" in the near-to-midterm future, but essentially right now, development is towards a simpler and streamlined wallet service, improved mining and middleware development.
Sounds good I hope my 5KSOIL is a good investment.

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
abvhiael

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 10:00:37 PM

good coin....
but is there any conceptual difference btween blockchain based and etherum based currency?

massive differences. typical (scrypt, sha256 and derivative algos) blockchains are fine with simple currency and dedicated transactional ledgers. the ethereum-standard blockchain is less an alternative cryptocurrency than an alternative decentralized virtual computer. the distributed applications (DApps) are what make the difference. the programmability of the eth-based system is the big game changer, allowing for trustless peer to peer transactions AS WELL AS auotmated reliant applications, from decentralized exchanges, browsers, file storage and transfer, financial contracts, cloud services, etc. its essentially reinventing the internet, by removing the centralized services that act as the middleman. SOIL is essentially a currency, with an added dollop of BitTorrent, Java capabilities, and Freenet pseudonymous and uncensorable online presences.

we can provide cheaper cloud-computing services, with SOIL acting as the "fuel" to commit programmatic actions on the network on top of the blockchain. with cloud computing, youre charged a fee (often a prepaid yearly subscription) based on time, storage, data transfer and computational speed requirements. with SOIL as the fuel for these services, which is set to a minimum schedule generally, but increasable by the DApp developer to ensure prioritization of consensus within the blockchain. we use the ETH schedule of costs for "gas". each gas is worth 10 szabo... or .00010000 ETH. (or .0001 SOIL... 10000 dust) the basic cost for an execution cycle is 1 fuel, and different operations cost higher rates...

(with the architecture of SOIL, we can decrease those monthly subscription costs down to a fraction with a pay-as-you-use delivery method that, with the valuation of SOIL, is pennies on the dollar in comparison. even at a valuation of .001 BTC for example, SOIL would still wind up being 75-90% less expensive for companies to do their cloud computing on the SOIL network) microsoft's Azure service is taking the example of Ethereum and adding massive costs and centralization. they see the advantages of the EVM as well as the profits they can make for the corporation by keeping comparable rates as the other cloud service providers.

the transaction fees (the fuel) are returned to the miners, who receive the block reward for solving a block, with the tx-fees on top of that. the value appreciation of SOIL, and that of the other ETH-systematic currencies out there like EXP and SHF, is more rationally influenced by the volume and depth of transactional demands of the DApps than by currency speculation by itself. the more applications that are run on the blockchain, the more SOIL miners make from the minting process, the higher a value SOIL will appreciate to.

the Ethereum Virtual Machine that we are running SOIL on has its advantages in the fact that block sizes are not fixed, allowing for greater scalability as the network population grows, able to dynamically adjust. it doesnt require or depend upon the accumulation of massive amounts of mining power to work, its tilted instead towards self-maintenance by balancing affordable and (more) democratic mining (than scrypt and sha256, etc. based coins) and pay-per-play computational requirements. this isnt to say that miners are inconsequential to the engine works of SOIL, the more miners there are, independently and in pools, the greater the network overall security becomes, and the more complex and rich the node bearing network will be for eventual implementation of a decentralized storage protocol.

right now, as we are beginning to populate the blockchain with middleware capable of communicating with the higher logic applications that will be added, we are looking at the core protocol technologies... the building blocks and framework that other DApps will be developed and built upon. the client software (browsers, integrated DApps toolkit/wallet/block explorer/mining interface, etc) are those things that are still in the process of development for the parent-network Ethereum, and we will adjust those technologies to fit onto the SOIL platform when they become available. ancillary services (educatiotional/research/learning and support presences, wikis, forums, SOILhosted decentralized websites, etc) will become available as the technology catches up with the vision.

right now though, with those extra SOIL youve mined or bought on the cheap at bittrex, you can use that to deploy your own DApps onto the SOIL blockchain, and there... the skys the limit. check out the "state of dapps" online ( http://dapps.ethercasts.com/ ) and see whats being built right now. check out ConsenSys and the open source projects they have going.  theres a lot to BUILD on the blockchain and its there that the entirety of the technology is just beginning to blossom, to be appreciated. there are tons of good tutorials out there to start you out on Solidity (JavaScript inspired) or Serpent (Python inspired) ((the more pervasively used programming languages))

me, im NOT a programmer, by ANY examination. i joke that i have troubles programming my teevee remote, but in a couple days of working with it, ive already deployed my own subcurrency onto the blockchain. im the proud owner of all one million DOBBs. theyre impractical and vanity inspired tokens, but its just a simple DApp to build to get your hands dirty. and with so many open source projects abounding, finding something you would find useful is easy enough to build, theres plenty of gambling DApps you can launch for example. just make sure theyre DOBBs friendly and ill come blow my whole token wallet there. (chuckles) 

abvhiael

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 10:46:44 PM

I don't know what people think.....
about this coin
but i like it very much....
.. although i don't have good skill in go language ..lol

Is pos also work fine on ether platform?

Proof of Stake has many undeniable benefits... its more efficient, has greater security, resistance to 51% attacks and "future-proof immunity" to the centralization hardware such as multi-GPU miners, BUT Proof of Stake algorithms are also considerably more complex than PoW-based alternatives. There are multiple models of PoS that can be implemented... coin age, wallet size, etc. There are downsides to PoS, double-voting on consensus on two forked chains as one example..

there are other options... transactional PoS, hybrid PoW/PoS algorithms... what will work on the ETH-based currencies, no one knows yet. the basic algorithm regarding PoS on teh ETH-systematic networks hasnt been solved yet. it is something im paying close attention to, though. our assumed movement towards PoS would have to occur, reasonably, around the point 75% mintage has occured. at present distribution scheduling, that shouldnt happen for 4-5 years, which leaves lots of time for that issue to be worked out, and for us to watch which options work and which dont. it IS something we are interested in implementing, but the WHEN is completely arbitrary right now.

Dexport0100

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 02:07:16 AM

WTF! Shocked Verry low price 0.00000736 BTC/Soil Cry

another week and the market will be closed at that speed Huh
crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 08:18:28 AM

indeed not a good sign but the volume is good and that is the most important factor.

joshafest

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 10:55:32 AM

ofcourse good vol is goid sign

▄███████████████▄
▄██▀ ▀██▄
▄▄██▀ ▀██▄▄
██ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄ ██
██▌ ▀ ▀███▄▄▄█████▀ ▐██
██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▀███▄███▀
▀███▀
DeepOnion
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
| ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
▄██▄█▄██▀
▄██████▀
▄██████▀
▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
▀█████ ▄███████
████████████▀██
██▀███████▀ ██
██ ▀████▀ ██
██ ▀▀ ██
▀█████████████▀
Zywiec

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 03:58:03 PM

Just be careful, do not be upset when you lose your funds,

price might easily drop below 500 satoshis, just want to warn you guys.

crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 08:09:53 PM

Just be careful, do not be upset when you lose your funds,

price might easily drop below 500 satoshis, just want to warn you guys.

You are right it is risky to invest much BTC but a little gambe with few ksoin is nota big lose.
Below 500 I buy maybe more, for now 5KSoil is enough for me it is just a little game and I like the consept of this currency.
The posibility of smart contracts is very intrested feature for enviriomental application.

Zywiec

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:33:30 AM

You should notice that we are talking about long term I mean even 3-5 years.
Not days, weeks. months, just years.

It is insane to accumulate this coin because it will be as you mentioned:
The posibility of smart contracts is very intrested feature for enviriomental application.

crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 10:08:49 AM

You should notice that we are talking about long term I mean even 3-5 years.
Not days, weeks. months, just years.

It is insane to accumulate this coin because it will be as you mentioned:

Why not? I belive in enviriomental application for cryptocurrencies.
Not intended for accumulation on large scale but when I see dip maybe I catch some extra SOIL.
The developers of SOIL can contact me if they wish. The institute were I work map soils arround the world and I 'm very curious to see how the technology behind SOIL develops.

TRilon

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 04:39:53 PM

Developers are not able to attract the attention of large investors
Inagame

Activity: 434
Merit: 124

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 01:22:11 AM

indeed not a good sign but the volume is good and that is the most important factor.

the volume is not the most important factor(if the volume pull the price down it doesn't play for u)the price and the period are very important too.
But all this doesn't matter because this coin is fucking dead the market price doesn't cover the mining cost whatever is your electricity cost.
So dead coin
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 07:43:31 AM

It`s not dead they said that thaey are working on new updates, don`t sell soil wait better price.
crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 08:56:01 AM

Developers are not able to attract the attention of large investors

It`s not dead they said that thaey are working on new updates, don`t sell soil wait better price.

It is risky but maybe when the developers get atention of some "large investors" the price goes up.
Just wait and see and volume is needed for listed on Bittrex and getting the attention of investors.
Like to see how this coin develops in the near future.
Have now 6KSOIL.

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: