April 23, 2024, 08:43:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: none
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable  (Read 237556 times)
123sss

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 12:02:16 PM

sorry screwed up, misunderstood
d - 0xe652f1ed4595256b12e4c2e9074c03b9d7e9040e
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2448
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 01:35:51 PM

sorry screwed up, misunderstood
d - 0xe652f1ed4595256b12e4c2e9074c03b9d7e9040e
Ballans shows 0.0 and mine shows some extra i got from you.
I keep them there but I can send you from Bittrex.
It is only strange I see not a transaction in the wallet only some more SOIL in my wallet.
Can you send me the txid befor I send yoy the SOL you send me?

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
compmaster

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 03:10:03 AM

Which paper wallet are people using to store their proof of work SOIL?
compmaster

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 03:36:07 AM

A, 10-12 seconds - what Buterin proposes would be sustainable
crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 09:31:06 AM

This one: http://coldwallet.soilcoin.xyz/

@SOIL this link is not on SOILwebside: http://soilcoin.xyz/index.php/links/

I think a very bad idea.
Too much new coins are mined then or they have to change the block reward to 1 SOIL.

soil (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

SOILteam

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 09:46:23 AM

This one: http://coldwallet.soilcoin.xyz/

@SOIL this link is not on SOILwebside: http://soilcoin.xyz/index.php/links/

Thanks! Added.
compmaster

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 11:41:14 AM

I think a very bad idea.
Too much new coins are mined then or they have to change the block reward to 1 SOIL.
Change block reward to 0.5 coins?
crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 12:01:29 PM

I think a very bad idea.
or beter to 0.1 SOIL.

Dimid

Activity: 702
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:17:43 PM

I think a very bad idea.
or beter to 0.1 SOIL.

Block time - 16s.
Block reward - 2 SOIL.
Obtain 10800 SOIL/day.
Dexport0100

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 02:18:30 PM

Price on Bittrex is verry bad ...  Huh 0.00000359 sat. For the moment, a lot of promise, but the more we advance in time and also decrease the value.
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 04:40:41 PM

Our SOIL-hosted mining pool is now available.

http://45.63.4.165:5000/

use the following to connect, placing an appropriately named .bat file in the same folder you have ethminer in.

Code:
ethminer.exe -F 45.63.4.165:5082/miner/YOUR ADDRESS/YOUR HASH RATE IN MH/S -G

EXAMPLE: ethminer.exe -F 45.63.4.165:5082/miner/0x519578237b2e362e67280160667e1bd5dece6d83/20 -G

this is in beta testing right now, and we are still working on implementing some features. presently, the pool hashrate is viewable on the main page, but individual miner hashrates on personal pages arent implemented yet. you can check your personal hashrate within gsoil's command line interface using the command:
Code:
miner.hashrate

this presents your hashrate in H/s (hash operations per second). we will be adding that information in the coming days.

payouts are sent generally immediately upon confirmation of solving a block, and are set as the individual miner's proportional to the overall work by the pool.

we will be instituting a 3% fee on the pool, which we will be using as the "miners equity subsidy". 50% of fees will be used to pay for the cloud server costs for hosting the pool, so that the pool will be, in essence, paying for itself. we chose to use cloud services to host the pool simply to ensure uptime and reliance.
the remaining 50% will be split among the lower hashrate miners (<30MH/s, or essentially single video card users) who maintain their connection to the pool for at least 50% of the weekly time period. its a small gesture, to be sure, but for those who dont have multiple video cards set up and can hit the system with GH/s speeds, its just a little bit MORE than what you'd normally receive mining, and although it probably wont be a LOT, its simply a way to begin the attempt to democratize the mining process a little bit more.

we're still hammering out the final implementations of that, but this part of the program should be instituted by this weekend, and ill make an announcement regarding that here on the forums, likely running that from mondays thru to sundays with subsidy payouts sent to individual miner's wallets within 48hours beyond that. (by tuesday, at the latest, just in case i get called out to a search and rescue operation and cant ensure it is done immediately, although ill work hard to make sure theyre done on monday mornings). 

ALSO dont forget to vote on the present issue regarding targeted block times by wednesday. what changes that would be made will naturally require an update to gsoil, which we are targeting block 300,000 to implement. watch for the announcement. compmaster please send me your wallet address so that i can count your balance of SOIL towards your vote. thanks!

presently we are also working on having the full featured block explorer set up to replace the simple one we've had running from launch at explorer.soilcoin.xyz as well as setting up a tipbot to be run on our social media feeds. middleware development towards the large scale architecture applications continues to go on behind the curtain. constant letter writing and phone calls to perspective retail establishments goes on, and theres been a modicum of interest from these companies. right now im putting out about 50 letters a day to small-to-medium scale heirloom seed suppliers and receiving interest from 10-15 of those. the biggest holdback right now, as far as i can see, is setting up with a payment processor that will convert SOIL to Bitcoin or fiat, but work on that continues as well. theres never a dull moment.

anyhow, thank you all for you continuing support. i realize that the downward trend of our valuation continues on bittrex, and ive been contacting other exchanges for inclusion again, to spread out the supply. we will continue to develop the SOILcoin platform, and to remain in constant communication with our user base here on bitcointalk. this is going to be a long term project, and like any new technology, it will take time for market acceptance.. i said from the beginning that this wont be a complete project in six months or even a year, hell, with the immense scalability of the platform, i doubt we'll ever see the system *COMPLETED* as new technologies and DApps will always be developed. we are merely on the threshold of a new frontier.

nevertheless, i believe communication is one of the most important aspects of "running" a cryptocurrency, keeping a connection to the users and supporters. ive noticed with one of the other Ethereum off-sets the frustration with a silent dev team that stretches out a little over three weeks now, heck.. even the main Ethereum [ANN] thread lacks developer involvement, and this is something you wont have to worry about with SOIL. i check in here a couple times a day, and while my posts are generally lengthy, i try to make them as informative as possible. have a great monday to each and all!!
abvhiael

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:42:31 AM

with some of the responses to the vote, ive noticed a trend towards a smaller block reward alongside a changed target block time.

seeing as these sorts of changes require updates to our gsoil platform, i suppose the question could be queried now as well as to whether a block reward halving along with alteration of the target block time is something the community supports. the likelihood, from the votes already cast, is towards an increase in the block time (either 30 or 60 seconds... the vote towards those is close) which would reduce, at present block rewards between 12000-24000 SOIL a day at the current block reward of 8 SOIL. the plan has been to halve the reward at about 15 million SOIL, but is that something that you, as our community, feel could be better served, to fight inflationary distribution NOW as opposed to then?

it WOULD dramatically increase the life span of SOIL to reach our hard cap of 33 million coins, *IF* we were to continue on a strict PoW phase for the currency and not delve into Proof of Stake. so, i suppose the question is:

irregardless of the outcome to the block time vote result, would you support halving the block reward from 8 SOIL to 4 SOIL at the same time at block #300,000?

it seems like the community desired distribution curve is at about 10,000 SOIL/day. a 60 second block time with reward of 8 SOIL comes close to that, as does a 30 second block time with a 4 SOIL reward. the main difference between those two scenarios is that with a shorter block time there are more possible blocks for each individual miner to solve during a day. so, as an addition to our poll regarding block times, i suppose the options available would be:

AA: 8 SOIL block reward
BB: 4 SOIL block reward
CC: 2 SOIL block reward

whatever changes to the reward might be done at the same time any alterations to the target block time are performed. this is YOUR coin, really, so, we leave that option up to you.

to halve or not to halve, that is the question. whether tis nobler in the coin to suffer the nonces and hashes towards outrageous fortunes, or to make megahashes against a sea of miners, and by pooled mining, end them?
crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 09:45:12 AM

with some of the responses to the vote, ive noticed a trend towards a smaller block reward alongside a changed target block time.

I'm not a miner and my interest is to have as few as posible new SOIL avalable in the future.
I think the value of SOIL can rise when you change to low block-reward and longer blocktime.
The mining is only needed for suporting the network and if PoS is avalable you can stop mining SOIL.
The amount of SOIL is not importand for the value of SOIL, beter have some DUST with value then SOIL with no value.

altsheets
Legendary

Activity: 902
Merit: 1001

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 12:47:07 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2015, 01:03:32 PM by altsheets

Hello soil community!

I have been offering to port my ABEE to soil. For quite some time already.

However the soil team, with their (compared to the huge miners rewards) tiny
premine ... cannot afford my work; and they want to keep their premine til later;
partly understandably as this is a long term project.

I would have implemented soil-ABEE in October already, but I was told to wait
for a proper valuation of the coin price first - which fell week by week. Now 1/20.

A few weeks ago, I sent a new offer, but they could just could not bring themselves
to finally spend some money. And by now, the btc/soil value has halved - again.

The obvious problem is the huge amount of coins that is pumped out every day,
and subsequently the low BTC value of 1 soil. So what they could offer me now
... would not be worth to be even starting to port my existing code to soil, and
let alone extending it with even more functions. What they are offering is too little.

Today now, I had an epiphany:

You, the people, are the really rich guys here.

If you want soil to become more successful, and perceived, and the community
of interested people to grow ... then take some of your money, and spend it wisely.

TL;DR: Study my ABEE thread, and then if you are
liking what you see there, just post the simple sentence:

I am pledging _______ SOIL for collectively
      paying AltSheets to port his ABEE to SOIL.

Then "abvhiael", and "soil" can also chip in, and together with their offer,
it will be worthwhile for me to invest myself into this.

Thanks for considering this.

Wink

a fork of of etherparty explorer 0.1.0:

[ABEE]

AltSheets Block Explorer Extension v0.2.2

- for Ethereum based coins -

More information about this in my ABEE thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1181547

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
altsheets
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 12:49:29 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2016, 04:57:44 AM by altsheets

Why me?

Who is around longer here in this thread, knows me, from many occasions.

Just a few of them:

To cut a long story short: I have already invested myself considerably into this.

And so far I got out 5 dollars in donations.
Which I have kept and not exchanged for BTC - so now they are only worth 50 cents.
For countless hours of work that I have put into soil.

Financing me to port my block explorer, and paying me well for that, could be
a way to give back to me, and bind a valuable member to the soil community.

An open question, you decide: Do you want good, honest, knowledgeable,
motivated people in this community? If not, no hard feelings. Then good luck
with all your endeavours. Perhaps check out my cool new product then.

But today I thought, there is another option ... so why not mention it.

All the best to you.
Enjoy whatever you do

Wink

! -->

TL;DR: Study my ABEE thread, and then if you are
liking what you see there, just post the simple sentence:

I am pledging _______ SOIL for collectively
      paying AltSheets to port his ABEE to SOIL.

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
Mark Zuckerberg

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Yes. The answer is yes.

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:36:10 PM

I am pledging 1 SOIL for collectively paying AltSheets to port his ABEE to SOIL.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:55:18 PM

I can't pledge anything of value but I have some tips. If you are going to make an open source block explorer for Ethereum clones then I suggest talking to The bitcoin kid aka @bitcoinwhit. He is working on an open source block explorer and uses both reddit and twitter. Also talk to SHIFT and/or EXP. They are both working on a block explorer.

I would rather see a large group of people creating an amazing block explorer. I'm wanting to help create a block explorer in my spare 2 to 4 hours a week.

abvhiael

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:17:27 PM

to be clear, regarding altsheets' post, when we were approaching launch, we decided to wait until after launch for implementation of the ABEE system as we were hoping a fair valuation of the currency would present a number he could be happy with. he had requested half his price to be paid in BTC, which was untenable at the time. of course, the price collapsed much lower than algorithmic valuation estimations would have allowed, proving human nature defies mathematical constants.

several weeks ago, he responded with an initial bounty of 42,000 SOIL for his "phase1" work to bring his system to SOIL. life, work and dozens of emails buried his next letters and we did not reconnect until last week regarding this part of the project. considering all things, we offered 40,000 SOIL to him for the use of his altered open-source project, 20k now and a further 20k when certain work was accomplished to bring the other features we requested online.

as far as i can tell, he is looking for $150USD for the use of his open-source-based system, which at current prices, would have required is disbursement of 75000SOIL, for just what has been done so far on his system, not withstanding further disbursements for the further needs of the block explorer, which we just couldnt do. i do like his system, its well put together, and of himself, he is a wonderful community member with a great deal of intelligence and enthusiasm; and we had, in fact offered him a place on the development team with peter and i to help push forward with the development of SOIL, which he turned down in order to continue working on his other software projects.

having a full featured block explorer with rolling minted coins and total coins information is important to have our market capitalization recorded at sites such as coinmarketcap.com, as well as some of the exchanges. we are independently looking into systems that would be workable with the features we require, but remain open to the use of altsheets' ABEE explorer.
abvhiael

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:43:27 PM

just a reminder... today will be the last day to vote on proposed changes to the SOIL network. either post your vote with wallet address here on the forum or thru PM to myself. we are using a 1SOIL/1vote schemata, and will not be accepting votes representing exchange held coins.

BLOCK TIMES: (explanatory post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1176709.msg13124367#msg13124367)
A - 10-12 seconds - what Buterin proposes would be sustainable
B - 15 seconds     - leave it as is
C - 30 seconds     - closer to what we intended in the first place
D - 60 seconds     - about the average block time target among all altcoins
E - 120 seconds    - about 1/5th the time of BTC, still leading to stronger stability but longer overall confirmations

BLOCK REWARDS:
AA: 8 SOIL block reward
BB: 4 SOIL block reward

we will accept votes until 23:59 GMT and will tally the ballots and release the results thereafter. thank you for your participation.
altsheets
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 04:50:39 PM

I am pledging 1 SOIL for collectively paying AltSheets to port his ABEE to SOIL.

Thanks Mark Zuckerberg. That is really generous.
It is always the richest people who are giving the most
*g*

Anyone else?

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: