Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:21:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone in Norway been able to convert BTC into NOK?  (Read 3968 times)
Lars (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 09:50:31 PM

Before I get involved too much in BTC I need to be sure that I can "get out" if I need to. BTC cant pay my rent or put food on my table, so getting the funds converted to some form of conventional currency might be needed at some point in time.

The major trading site(s) seems to be using mostly US-only services for withdrawing funds. Mt. Gox offers payment with something called SEPA direct deposit, but this is not a very common transaction type here in Norway. My bank informs me that there is an additional $10 fee on top of the fees listed on the mtgox website, making it a fairly expensive form of receiving the payments also.

Can I have the funds transfered into something like paypal, western union or some other "international" system without jumping through hoops and trading with all sorts of virtual currencies to get there? Has anyone actually sold BTC and gotten their money, cash, in Norway?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
galaxyAbstractor

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 10:09:14 PM

Before I get involved too much in BTC I need to be sure that I can "get out" if I need to. BTC cant pay my rent or put food on my table, so getting the funds converted to some form of conventional currency might be needed at some point in time.

The major trading site(s) seems to be using mostly US-only services for withdrawing funds. Mt. Gox offers payment with something called SEPA direct deposit, but this is not a very common transaction type here in Norway. My bank informs me that there is an additional $10 fee on top of the fees listed on the mtgox website, making it a fairly expensive form of receiving the payments also.

Can I have the funds transfered into something like paypal, western union or some other "international" system without jumping through hoops and trading with all sorts of virtual currencies to get there? Has anyone actually sold BTC and gotten their money, cash, in Norway?

Well, I have bought BTC with paypal directly, but not in Mt. Gox (hasn't really looked into it yet and I kind of like doing it directly between persons), so if it isn't possible at Mt. Gox you could probably get someone in #bitcoin-otc to buy/sell to your paypal/other payment option

1gaLaxy9csuBTvNLJYoUy6sengQbh1TpV
Pyramining - Invest in mining!
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 07:23:30 AM

Has anyone actually sold BTC and gotten their money, cash, in Norway?

If you weren't already aware:

There are open orders on the #bitcoin-otc marketplace to both buy and sell bitcoins for NOK:
  - http://bitcoin-otc.com/vieworderbook.php?sortby=price&sortorder=ASC&eitherthing=NOK

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Grix

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2011, 06:51:16 PM

Afaik at Mt Gox you can transfer your money directly to your bank account. I live in norway and I have used bitcoin to buy a number of things, however using USD.

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
cuibono

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 12:02:59 AM

Hi Lars iam waiting my funds at fucking Mtgox, i send them four days ago from DnBNOR
through SEPA.
I was wondering let me know if you want to convert som BTC for NOK.

i life in Oslo by  the way
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: