Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:40:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DagCoin: a cryptocurrency without blocks  (Read 70772 times)
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 12:07:20 PM

right now the team focused on more important things.
Iota is centralized. Coordinator will stay. Since the team is focusing on more important things than decentralization.

There, easier for anyone to understand what youre hiding.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:38:46 PM

Iota is centralized. Coordinator will stay. Since the team is focusing on more important things than decentralization.

There, easier for anyone to understand what youre hiding.

It's enough to check your post history to see how much your words are worth.  Cheesy
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 04:53:17 AM

I'm following this thread with a lot of interest, started Segio Demian Lerner, with his brilliant "DAG theory",
then came Come-from-Beyond, and brought us a case study of the "DAG theory" is IOTA,
but the IOTA network is centralized, I say something like: P2? . They have a great development team however they still can not implement that the network works in a decentralized way.
In the two case studies named Byteball and IOTA the same thing happens.
I'm starting to wonder if it's possible to build a decentralized P2P system with DAG.
At this point, I would like nothing more than the opinion of who started this thread.
Sergio please: in theory can this system function as a pure and decentralized P2P network?
If yes, then the question follows, and in practice?

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 03:08:34 PM

did this ever launch? i dont see it on CMC.

i know OP is working on RSK, so that's already a full-time thing.
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:56:06 PM

I'm following this thread with a lot of interest, started Segio Demian Lerner, with his brilliant "DAG theory",

I'm starting to wonder if it's possible to build a decentralized P2P system with DAG.
At this point, I would like nothing more than the opinion of who started this thread.
Sergio please: in theory can this system function as a pure and decentralized P2P network?
No, you can not have a DAG-coin be fully decentralized and trust-less like Bitcoin.

DAG-coins can be decentralized, distributed, but not trust-less.

Byteball version is to trust majority of 12 (or any forks/clones suitable chosen number) witnesses to not collude together, but is decentralized, distributed. The trust required is spread over many.

IOTA version, aside from many many other major problems, read my post history, is to trust a single Coordinator and require social connections/trust for node peering, it is centralized, and not trust-less.

Well chosen name for Coordinator in iota. "a person whose job is to organize events or activities and to negotiate with others in order to ensure they work together effectively."
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 5973

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:03:29 AM

Sergio Demian Lerner has written his last post in 2016 in this forum (he seems to have logged in in May, however). It's unlikely he'll see this post. It's a pity, but I cannot blame him - look at the last pages of this thread, there were more posts promoting some DAG-based altcoins than those dealing with the original subject of the thread.

At this time, Sergio is pretty busy with Rootstock (see the project homepage).

PS: There is some research on DAGs outside of the Iota and Byteball communities. Some even think DAG elements could be integrated into Bitcoin in the future.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bitman86

Activity: 263

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 03:30:27 AM

Sergio Demian Lerner has written his last post in 2016 in this forum (he seems to have logged in in May, however). It's unlikely he'll see this post. It's a pity, but I cannot blame him - look at the last pages of this thread, there were more posts promoting some DAG-based altcoins than those dealing with the original subject of the thread.

PS: There is some research on DAGs outside of the Iota and Byteball communities. Some even think DAG elements could be integrated into Bitcoin in the future.

Thank you very much d5000, you gave me top quality information

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
flag39

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:25:04 PM

I was told this dagcoin is something like a side branch of byteball so it would utilise the byteball tangle.
justingmorlang

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:24:06 AM

Is the project open source? I'd love to take a look at it and maybe contribute myself. Github link plz Cheesy
monsterer2

Activity: 351
Merit: 134

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:40:45 AM

DAG-coins can be decentralized, distributed, but not trust-less.

None of the existing implementations can be. I proposed a solution here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1992827.0
maxNIMFA

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:44:24 AM

Can you tell what Sergio's post exactly do you mean?
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:34:47 AM

Wasnt this design basically copied from git model and applied to cryptocurrency. Wouldn't *some* of the practical sybil and bft attacks possible on that be by extension plausible on acyclic graphs aswell?
Vigens

Activity: 296

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:15:08 AM

Is the project open source? I'd love to take a look at it and maybe contribute myself. Github link plz Cheesy

It takes few minutes to scroll down the posts to find what you need.

https://github.com/DagcoinOY/dagcoin
USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 10:02:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIasr2AiyZ0

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
SativaDiva

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

23. English BA. OnlyFans.com/MistressLovely

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 04:35:12 PM

Omg seems like a great idea Shocked
solesituation

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:43:21 PM

What comes with DAG as an attack vector? Comparing DAG to block chain, what would be their pros and cons?
Is there a good writing on that topic. I haven't searched much, I admit.
Singbatak

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:09:43 AM

I know DAG COINS is a look like Bytecoins. A cryptocurrency without block. And you know what is the current price of Bytecoins? 0.2 BTC each . And this is the great Bytecoins Developer are apse the developer of Dagcoins so expect the price of DAG when open in the exchangers. If you are interested to this coins  send me a private msg.
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:39:30 AM

It sounds to me quite interesting.
Actually, I had similar ideas over time, but I didn't bother messing with them.
I had too and I even tried to mess with them but I failed :/
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:32:24 AM

I know DAG COINS is a look like Bytecoins. A cryptocurrency without block. And you know what is the current price of Bytecoins? 0.2 BTC each . And this is the great Bytecoins Developer are apse the developer of Dagcoins so expect the price of DAG when open in the exchangers. If you are interested to this coins  send me a private msg.

its byteball not bytecoins! dunno how you get it wrong.

its also 1GB or 1 gigabyte per 0.2btc not 1 coin

1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes and 1 byte is base unit.

so much wrong in 1 post. makes me wonder sometimes if people know what they are using/investing in or if they just scream pump moon and think easy usd cause some friend told them about teh interwebz money because their dad works at the internet
Vigens

Activity: 296

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:45:07 AM

its byteball not bytecoins! dunno how you get it wrong.

its also 1GB or 1 gigabyte per 0.2btc not 1 coin

1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes and 1 byte is base unit.

so much wrong in 1 post. makes me wonder sometimes if people know what they are using/investing in or if they just scream pump moon and think easy usd cause some friend told them about teh interwebz money because their dad works at the internet

Thats 100% spot on, great post.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: