Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:34:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: no confirmations it has been 2 hours  (Read 1404 times)
betatest512 (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:25:10 PM

i got some bitcoin's from Eclipse mining pool and still i don't have any confirmation's it stay's on zero

it has been almost more than 2 hours

i should have got 12 confirmation's by now but i don't have even 1

still 0-confirmation's

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:26:12 PM

Need more info. Is your blockchain up to date?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
betatest512 (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:27:30 PM

yes my blockchain just got a new block 1 min ago
betatest512 (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:30:20 PM

i got a new again block but still no confirmation's

is miner's not including transaction's in blocks?
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:33:34 PM

Did you add a transaction fee?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

betatest512 (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:35:21 PM

i got the payment from eclipse mining pool

don't know whether they include a fee or not
betatest512 (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:45:05 PM

even eclipse has found 2 blocks since i got my payment

didn't they include their own transactions that they paid to miner's in their block's
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:46:40 PM

If you didn't tell them to do it somehow, it didn't happen.  There could be a number of causes for delay here.  The most likely being that the coins sent from the mining pool sent up a red flag to the netowrk that it could be a 'spammy' attempt.  Adding a fee overrides this red flag, but the red flag will not prevent it from being added to a block forever.  Such delays are necessary to prevent malicious attackers from padding the side of blocks with useless data by sending many tiny transactions back and forth between addresses that they own.  If you client can "see" the transaction (i.e. it lists it in the recent transactions page without confirmations) then you *will* get it, but it could be as long as 12 hours.  Much more likely it will be1 hour or so, on top of the 6 confirmations that will then be required before you can spend them again.

betatest512 (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:50:34 PM

If you didn't tell them to do it somehow, it didn't happen.  There could be a number of causes for delay here.  The most likely being that the coins sent from the mining pool sent up a red flag to the netowrk that it could be a 'spammy' attempt.  Adding a fee overrides this red flag, but the red flag will not prevent it from being added to a block forever.  Such delays are necessary to prevent malicious attackers from padding the side of blocks with useless data by sending many tiny transactions back and forth between addresses that they own.  If you client can "see" the transaction (i.e. it lists it in the recent transactions page without confirmations) then you *will* get it, but it could be as long as 12 hours.  Much more likely it will be1 hour or so, on top of the 6 confirmations that will then be required before you can spend them again.

can i add a fee for the block's i mined to get faster confirmation's

still 0-confirmation's
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:51:08 PM

even eclipse has found 2 blocks since i got my payment

didn't they include their own transactions that they paid to miner's in their block's

Not if it had a "red flag".  To do so contrary to the network rules risks getting their block rejected by the rest of the network.  Eclipse shouldn't be creating transactions that are 'spammy' to begin with, but it is just a computer program so there are conditions under which there no other way to create the precise amount.  For example, a transaction that is very small or one that has a lot of inputs can be flagged, even if it's an otherwise perfectly valid transaction.  Again, if your client can see it, it will get it eventually.

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:52:45 PM

still 0-confirmation's

For the future you can, Eclipse should have an option to add a fee to withdrawals.  However, you cannot add a fee to this one, since it's done and gone.

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 05:54:24 PM

You can look at this (large, currently down) web page to see unconfirmed transactions still waiting to be included in a block: http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/txlist/. Simply look for your receiving address and see if the payment is there waiting.
betatest512 (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:55:45 PM

still 0-confirmation's

For the future you can, Eclipse should have an option to add a fee to withdrawals.  However, you cannot add a fee to this one, since it's done and gone.

what do you mean by "For the future you can"

if i can't do it now how will i be able to do it in a future
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:58:04 PM

still 0-confirmation's

For the next time you withdrew he means
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:58:27 PM

still 0-confirmation's

You should be able to change a setting on your Eclipse account to add a transaction fee to any withdrawals *in the future*, but this one has already happened and there is no way to recall it in order to redo it.

betatest512 (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 06:09:59 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2012, 07:28:47 PM by betatest512

still now a single confirmation's

EDIT: STILL NOW NOT EVEN A SINGLE COMFIRMATION
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 06:11:37 PM

still now a single confirmation's

Once you have one, you will get more with each block.  You're golden now.

betatest512 (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 07:27:38 PM

four hours now and still 0-confirmation's
betatest512 (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 07:29:30 PM

what should i do to my coin's now?
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 07:37:45 PM

Nothing you can do now, those coins will probably not make it to you and are lost, so next time make sure you have a tx fee and your lesson has been learned. Also stop whining about it, it just makes you look bad.
betatest512 (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 07:40:33 PM

Nothing you can do now, those coins will probably not make it to you and are lost, so next time make sure you have a tx fee and your lesson has been learned. Also stop whining about it, it just makes you look bad.

it is not my mistake

Eclipse pool did not include a fee i did not tell them not to include it.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 07:48:24 PM

it is not my mistake

Ok it isn't your mistake but nothing you can do now, so just suck it up and deal with it
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 09:40:14 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2012, 12:10:01 AM by Stephen Gornick

it is not my mistake

There is a solution to this likely coming in a future release of the bitcoin.org client.     This helps when you then create a spend transaction for the funds that are received but not yet confirmed.  This feature then, used by a mining pool or solo miner, essentially considers those fees in that transaction and realizes that it can't get them without including the prior (unconfirmed) transaction as well and thus will include both transactions in the block.

- https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1647

But you still haven't shared one pivotal detail.  Do you see your transaction in Blockchain.info?   If so, it is likely just a matter of waiting a little while longer.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █