Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:38:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting-Vod be prevented deleting posts Self Modded thread/Removed from DT  (Read 35566 times)
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:45:31 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2015, 07:28:21 PM by Quickseller

Vod is attempting to create an unlimited and unconsented liability by offering refunds for those who have rendered services from me. I had attempted to create a post correcting his misstatement, however he was fairly quick in removing such post from his self moderated thread. To allow for such a thread to remain without a clear and concise statement from myself advising that such refunds were not consented to, Vod is not only allowing, but encouraging extortion against myself by encouraging my previous customers who have had services rendered to request refunds that are not due them. Vod has not implied nor agreed that he will personally pay for nor back the refunds, and as a result the implication is that a liability has been created by myself when no such liability has been created. The thread in question is here.

It is for the above reasons, that I would request that Vod be prevented from deleting any additional posts in any self moderated threads that he has in the past or may in the future create in the future. I would also request, assuming the relivant thread is not moved to the trashcan, that the post that I created that was deleted by Vod on September 13, 2015 at 08:21:21 AM be restored in it's original format.

Separately, but similarly, Vod has left negative trust ratings on multiple account profiles, indicating that such users are scammers when that is not a factual statement. In his comments, he has indicated that the reader should check wikipedia (which can be edited, and changed at anytime by anyone, and is considered to be an unreliable source both in education settings and in professional settings) to read about an "escrow scam" and the current wikipedia (which is against subject to change at any time) entry describes this as when a buyer sends money to what they believe to be a third party escrow that will guarantee the receipt of goods at a later date, and then the party never receives any of the agreed upon goods and the money is stolen from the person who had sent the money to the what was believed to be escrow. This situation, nor anything similar to this situation has not been claimed to have happened by anyone who has claimed to have traded with me, nor has anyone claimed that the agreed upon goods/services/money has not been delivered to them, nor has anyone claimed that any kind of scam attempt has been attempted against them.

Furthermore Vod is either unwilling, unable, or both to engage in any kind of factual based discussion regarding the merits of any kind of dispute, but instead wishes to use "buzzwords" such as "lie" and "scammer" when responding to a fact based argument. As a result of this, it is nearly impossible to engage any kind of debate with him, and this is evidence that once he "makes up his mind" that he is unwilling to listen to any additional facts.

It is for the above reasons that I request that Vod be removed from Default Trust, and if necessary be excluded from Default Trust in order to expedite his removal of his ratings from showing up by default. Vod is currently on both tomatocage's and dooglus's trust lists. If either of these people are unwilling and/or unable to remove Vod from their trust list then I would request that person be removed from Default Trust. If only one of the above is willing to remove Vod from their trust list, then I would request everyone else in Level 1 DefaultTrust to exclude Vod from their trust list, and would request anyone who is not willing to do so to be removed from DT.

Additionally, Vod has an extensive history of derailing threads in which there is someone who disagrees with him, using the above mentioned buzzwords. There has been at least one person forcibly removed from the community because of this behavior and I would not be surprised if others have voluntarily left the community because they are not only unable to conduct business on the forum without Vod's trolling, but also unable to engage in any kind of non-business related discussions without Vod's trolling.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 09:55:49 AM

Vod is attempting to create an unlimited and unconsented liability by offering refunds for those who have rendered services from me.

To be clear, your liability only extends to those you escrow scammed.   I've asked for a link for each request, so the community will easily be able to see if you scammed them, or if you properly used a third party escrow.

You could make this easier on everyone by providing a list of those you have scammed, so they can ask for the refund you have promised.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:57:00 AM

You know the first won't happen. Self moderated threads are self moderated and the OP may do so as they please; they've been there since the inception of the forum with "Local Rules".

I agree that Vod should certainly be removed from DefaultTrust. His remarks disparaging you as a scammer could fall under Canadian defamatory law; given the business activities you conduct on bitcointalk and the damages Vod's remarks could have on you, you might be interested in pursing civil action. And you'll get justice on Vod.

@Quickseller, I'll contribute 20 BTC towards a civil lawsuit against Vod. One of his email addresses is mlawrence02@yahoo.com , as given here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95795.msg1070760#msg1070760

You may be able to subpoena Yahoo Canada for his IP address (via a John Doe-style civil suit), and then subpoena the ISP for account holder details.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:58:06 AM

To be clear, your liability only extends to those you escrow scammed.   I've asked for a link for each request, so the community will easily be able to see if you scammed them, or if you properly used a third party escrow.

Your characterization of Quickseller as having "escrow scammed" is significantly and manifestly inaccurate, but dig your own grave if you want.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 10:00:55 AM

@Quickseller, I'll contribute 20 BTC towards a civil lawsuit against Vod.

You willing to deposit 20btc to a third party trusted escrow, like Badbear or Theymos?  Otherwise, really, it's just words.  You're not known for your truthfulness.   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:03:28 AM

You willing to deposit 20btc to a third party trusted escrow, like Badbear or Theymos?  Otherwise, really, it's just words.  You're not known for your truthfulness.   Wink
I'm happy to send it to Quickseller directly, right now Smiley
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:05:52 AM

Vod is attempting to create an unlimited and unconsented liability by offering refunds for those who have rendered services from me.

You could make this easier on everyone by providing a list of those you have scammed, so they can ask for the refund you have promised.
This is untrue. You had stated that anyone who had used my escrow services in the past is entitled to a refund which is not true, nor is just. There is zero reason why someone who has services rendered should receive any kind of monitory refund when they have received a direct benefit.

I attempted to make this clear on the thread you posted, however you promptly deleted my post, making it necessary for it to be appropriate that you be further prevented from deleting any posts in any self moderated thread you have created in the past or any that you create in the future.

Your use of the word "scammed" is inappropriate, inaccurate, is libel and is evidence that you are not capable of engaging in any kind of conversation based on the merits of a dispute. If you cannot discuss the merits of a trust rating then why should users see your trust ratings by default? I have seen many people who were effectively forced out of the community because of your actions, and while the ratings in question may or may not have been appropriate, it is absolutely not appropriate to remove someone from the community solely because you feel they have scammed, or that they have attempted to scam, especially if they are not attempting to engage in business. 
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 10:07:16 AM

words

You could make this easier on everyone RIGHT NOW by providing a list of those you have scammed, so they can ask for the refund you have promised.

Also, get an address to TF - he's gonna send you 20btc!!  When you win your lawsuit you can have my new house!  Smiley

Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:08:33 AM

You said that you would refund all that used your escrow service, not him.

Vod is just helping you to keep your own word
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:09:50 AM

You know the first won't happen. Self moderated threads are self moderated and the OP may do so as they please; they've been there since the inception of the forum with "Local Rules".
This is not true. Scammers have been given "hidden scammer tags" in the past that prevent them from deleting posts in self moderated threads. The most recent example that comes to mind that I was able to get this applied to was TheGambler and his alts. I am unsure if Vod's most recent transgression is sufficient to earn him similar restrictions.

@Quickseller, I'll contribute 20 BTC towards a civil lawsuit against Vod. One of his email addresses is mlawrence02@yahoo.com , as given here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95795.msg1070760#msg1070760

You may be able to subpoena Yahoo Canada for his IP address (via a John Doe-style civil suit), and then subpoena the ISP for account holder details.
If you are serious about this then please PM me contact details and I will get you a PGP signed address to send to.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:12:43 AM

words

You could make this easier on everyone RIGHT NOW by providing a list of those you have scammed, so they can ask for the refund you have promised.

Also, get an address to TF - he's gonna send you 20btc!!  When you win your lawsuit you can have my new house!  Smiley
Quoting for archival; particularly the "you have scammed" accusation.

This is not true. Scammers have been given "hidden scammer tags" in the past that prevent them from deleting posts in self moderated threads. The most recent example that comes to mind that I was able to get this applied to was TheGambler and his alts. I am unsure if Vod's most recent transgression is sufficient to earn him similar restrictions.
Yes, I have one. No, it won't; theymos won't really enact that in controversial cases.

If you are serious about this then please PM me contact details and I will get you a PGP signed address to send to.
Great! Please email me at admin@glados.cc; a PGP clearsigned message will do. Thanks!
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 10:13:30 AM

Oh yeah, let's do everything via PM.  Two proven scammers.  Roll Eyes

Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:18:48 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2015, 10:59:13 AM by Quickseller

Great! Please email me at admin@glados.cc; a PGP clearsigned message will do. Thanks!
sent.

edit: 20 BTC received
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:58:18 AM

sent.

sent.

http://explorer.chain.com/transactions/7547d946f9f622692d845bec3c220cbf323ee3750dd21632fce90ec03ba431ed
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 11:00:01 AM

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:23:22 AM

If we assume that QS and TF don't know each other, and how this is really going to legal witch hunt of Vod; i have to ask: How much do you have to hate someone to give
4600 USD just to cause him inconvenience at best ?
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 11:28:21 AM

So after Redsnow and Vod, who's next who shouldn't be on the DT trust list? Tomatocage might be soon a victim right?

You are actually making your own self appear as an immature person NOT willing to accept yourself out of he DT list and getting a negative rating (which I believe you deserve for lying).

Vod on the other hand has mostly left reasonable ratings (though sometimes I feel they are unfair) but he comes out to be a responsible member definitely more deserving than you. He and TC have been considerate while leaving ratings which makes them both deserving of the DT trust list.

You should infact apologize to the members whom you have acted as an escrow while dealing with them using your alts. By making them unaware of your alts and on top targetting other reputed members does make you look UNTRUSTWORTHY. If you continue trolling like this and targeting all reputed members here, I don't know how long will your journey with BCT last.

I feel bad at times that your this behavior has made you lose all the reputation your earned as you had been really good in catching scammers and their alts. If only you hadn't made such mistakes, you would have helped his community a lot.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 11:31:22 AM

If we assume that QS and TF don't know each other, and how this is really going to legal witch hunt of Vod; i have to ask: How much do you have to hate someone to give

He committed escrow scams by his own admission.  Therefore, by definition, he is a scammer.

No judge in the world would find me guilty of anything - but he is welcome to spend thousands to try.  Smiley  

I feel bad at times that your this behavior has made you lose all the reputation your earned as you had been really good in catching scammers and their alts. If only you hadn't made such mistakes, you would have helped his community a lot.

I believe his motive all along was to gain trust and scam as much as he could at one time from all his alts - then disappear.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:40:35 AM

He committed escrow scams by his own admission.  Therefore, by definition, he is a scammer.

No judge in the world would find me guilty of anything - but he is welcome to spend thousands to try.  Smiley  

I believe his motive all along was to gain trust and scam as much as he could at one time from all his alts - then disappear.

That's what i'm saying. All you need to get cleared of any forum trust related charge is to prove that to your best knowlegde and belief he (or anyone else for that matter) was scamming.
The forum is liable for the rest due to this quote "...or you strongly believe that this person is a scammer." as you acted by the guidelines forum provided.

This is how legal system is viewing things, so any legal action is futile imho.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:49:28 AM

Quickseller has always been slightly parasitical to the forum. It's in his nature.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: