Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:00:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Btcseller22 trying to impersonate Betcoin.AG  (Read 466 times)
98789 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:11:22 AM

Well, everything is more or less explained in the PM I am attaching below. Basically, a newbie, Btcseller22, started a topic in the services section saying he wanted to hire admins for "his" new site. As he gave no public info I decided to PM him; he got back to me pretty quickly (in a matter of minutes) and then the conversation went on as seen in the already mentioned picture.

I have no idea what he is trying to accomplish (ask users to pay a fee for the supposed job, distribute virus, harm Betcoin.ag's reputation), I could have followed his game but honestly I have no time for that. That account probably won't be used again, I just felt I had to warn people about that guy. Apart from offering things that not even the naivest person would believe, you need to be really dumb to claim a well-known site as yours, specially to someone promoting it Cheesy.

If there could be any doubt about his claims being false, in the PM roslinpl confirmed to me that that person has nothing to do with Betcoin.ag.

https://i.imgur.com/PU9clEE.jpg

Thread (incredibly at the moment of my posting it is still up, locked but up).
Archived version

He PMed me again asking me to contact him on Twitter, about 30 minutes later than the last PM shown in the picture (I replied to him that I was checking with my campaign manager what he had just said Tongue). I guess that is not relevant as to take an additional snapshot.

Twitter - archived.

Greetings,
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shield

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 01:16:08 PM

he is a hacker trying to install malware on your system
read this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1339269.msg13660968#msg13660968
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: