Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:54:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: secret rocket?  (Read 2793 times)
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 06:48:54 PM

i'm pretty impressed that my adaptation of inau's "rocket secretly taking off" threads last winter have sparked a continuing theme of manipulative pseudo-speculation.

too bad two small sell-offs just occurred... seems like it ran out of fuel and we should now expect a plummet to the center of the earth.

indicators, man.

At one time this forum could influence the price but I don't think it can any longer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 06:53:24 PM

i'm pretty impressed that my adaptation of inau's "rocket secretly taking off" threads last winter have sparked a continuing theme of manipulative pseudo-speculation.

too bad two small sell-offs just occurred... seems like it ran out of fuel and we should now expect a plummet to the center of the earth.

indicators, man.

At one time this forum could influence the price but I don't think it can any longer.

I agree, it doesn't seem what gets said here has an effect on the price lol
zby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 06:58:13 PM

indicators, man.

I don't think it ever was.  But back to the subject - I've lost my bet about no drop over weekend, but still it was a small one.  As to indicators - I've mentioned mine - this website stats  - it is showing a new wave of interest, maybe it is not yet bringing in new money - but it will - that's my theory.
mysteriousawake

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 03:37:29 AM

indicators, man.

I don't think it ever was.  But back to the subject - I've lost my bet about no drop over weekend, but still it was a small one.  As to indicators - I've mentioned mine - this website stats  - it is showing a new wave of interest, maybe it is not yet bringing in new money - but it will - that's my theory.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118026.msg1270073#msg1270073
I dont think its a crayon, desicion 19th - 21st

DONT FORGET TO DONATE IF I HELPED YOU
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 07:04:58 PM

indicators, man.

If the new people were genuinely interested in the forum they cannot miss the barrage of negative news concerning bitcoin.
If i was new then i'd think twice before investing in anything bitcoin. I would be curious, but i would consider investing a big risk.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 07:58:42 PM

If the new people were genuinely interested in the forum they cannot miss the barrage of negative news concerning bitcoin.
If i was new then i'd think twice before investing in anything bitcoin. I would be curious, but i would consider investing a big risk.

Investing in Bitcoin has always been a big risk. The most prominent people in Bitcoin (like Gavin) often start by saying bitcoin is an immature technology and is high risk.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
mobodick

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 08:07:48 PM

Investing in Bitcoin has always been a big risk. The most prominent people in Bitcoin (like Gavin) often start by saying bitcoin is an immature technology and is high risk.
Sure, but untill bitcoinica, pirate and GLBSE fell over there was no real measure of the risk. What was shown in the past couple of months was how deeply immature this community still is.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 08:56:40 PM

Sure, but untill bitcoinica, pirate and GLBSE fell over there was no real measure of the risk. What was shown in the past couple of months was how deeply immature this community still is.

I think the risk he means regards the inherent possibility of bitcoin actually failing ie protocol exploit/network failure. Of course with each day passing that becomes less and less of a possibility.

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:03:35 PM

I think the risk he means regards the inherent possibility of bitcoin actually failing ie protocol exploit/network failure. Of course with each day passing that becomes less and less of a possibility.

I would turn it around: with more and more BTC users and increased value, the incentive to break the protocol in one's advantage becomes bigger and bigger. Computer power and knowledge increase over time as well, so security remains an important element. Of course, the protocol itself has been tested the last few years already with the opportunity to mature to a certain extent.

zby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 05:40:39 AM

That is old news.  When did you start with bitcoins?  From what I remember there newer was a shortage of failures - people forget them quickly.  Now there are only positive news like the bitcoin foundation.

I can see how the technical/wave analysis shows down trend - that is why old timers with big btc stashes sell - we'll see if that will be enough to keep it down.
mobodick

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 05:54:33 AM

That is old news.  When did you start with bitcoins?  From what I remember there newer was a shortage of failures - people forget them quickly.  Now there are only positive news like the bitcoin foundation.

I can see how the technical/wave analysis shows down trend - that is why old timers with big btc stashes sell - we'll see if that will be enough to keep it down.
I've been around for 1.5 years or so.
But what is striking about these latest cases is that they were pretty much trust issues.

And at the moment i would not trust anyone organizing in a non democratic way.
So i'm not sure about the bitcoin foundation.
Sounds more like a 'i'ma gonna secure my fat income' foundation to me.
How does the community participate in this foundation?
Who decides what is best for bitcoin?
citboin

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 06:36:33 AM

Secret North Korean rocket? xD
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: