Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:20:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Possibility of an economic attack on bitcoin?  (Read 1241 times)
Desolator (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 01:06:37 PM

@ Mods: This threads needs to goto $Economics
Yeah, right after you change your av pic, asshole.  Btw, everyone put him on ignore until he does.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:14:59 PM

Yeah, right after you change your av pic, asshole.  Btw, everyone put him on ignore until he does.

Are you the real Bill Cosby?
Desolator (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 04:35:13 PM

Are you stupid or something?  Some assholes hacked the forum and changed everything to a Cosby theme which crashed the price of BTC and basically damaged the entire network for weeks and the reputation of bitcoin forever and you think that's just hilarious and needs to still be your avatar pic?  BAN HIM!  The only people who would do that are ones that were involved with the hack.

BAN HIM!
Chang Hum

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 04:48:19 PM

Are you stupid or something?  Some assholes hacked the forum and changed everything to a Cosby theme which crashed the price of BTC and basically damaged the entire network for weeks and the reputation of bitcoin forever and you think that's just hilarious and needs to still be your avatar pic?  BAN HIM!  The only people who would do that are ones that were involved with the hack.

BAN HIM!

Wow! do you always wake up with sand in your vagina?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4570

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 05:12:24 PM

. . .changed everything to a Cosby theme which crashed the price of BTC and basically damaged the entire network for weeks and the reputation of bitcoin forever and you think that's just hilarious and needs to still be your avatar pic. . .
I haven't been around long enough to be aware of the event.  Clearly it didn't "damage the reputation of bitcoin forever" since I haven't even heard of it.  Regardless, if it is true then you may want to put me on ignore, because I also find it hilarious.  I'm far more offended by your little dog avatar than I am by an avatar of Bill Cosby. 
Chang Hum

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 06:07:11 PM

has anyone got a screenshot?
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 07:46:57 PM

has anyone got a screenshot?

Yes.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Chang Hum

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 06:09:04 AM

hahaha cheers!!
Desolator (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 07:15:01 PM

So this:

is more offensive than someone making fun of the entire bitcoin community by calling us idiots who use a made up currency that will fail, hacking everyone's accounts, getting a copy of everyone's passwords, and stealing money from some users.  You're an idiot.

more pics, in case you still think it was funny:
http://buttcoin.org/bitcointalk-forums-hacked-bill-cosby-pimping-new-cosbycoins%E2%84%A2-to-all-the-members-breaking
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 07:16:35 PM

So this:

[snip]

is more offensive than someone making fun of the entire bitcoin community by calling us idiots who use a made up currency that will fail, hacking everyone's accounts, getting a copy of everyone's passwords, stealing money from some users.  You're an idiot.

Wow.  You are still going on about this?  Let it go and have your doctor adjust your meds.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 07:56:35 PM

So this:
<snip>
is more offensive than <snip>
No, I said it was more offensive than an avatar of Bill Cosby. I didn't say it was more offensive than whatever the heck else you said in that post.

You're an idiot.
Probably.  Thank you for helping me come to an awareness about that.

more pics, in case you still think it was funny:
Thanks. I got a few more laughs out of that.  Did you even take the time to look at the images at that link?  Some of them were downright hilarious. Got any more?

Wow.  You are still going on about this?  Let it go and have your doctor adjust your meds.
This. So much this.
Desolator (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 09:06:39 PM

Well you weren't a member here at the time.  NOBODY here thought it was funny.  Like I said in another post, the only person who would keep an avatar like that live is someone who was responsible for part of the hack.  NOBODY else was like "oh hey, they changed my av and changed my password and put all my bitcoins at risk, I'm gonna keep it! It's so funny!"
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 10:08:02 PM

Well you weren't a member here at the time. . .

I think I already said that, didn't I?  Lets check...

. . .changed everything to a Cosby theme which crashed the price of BTC and basically damaged the entire network for weeks and the reputation of bitcoin forever and you think that's just hilarious and needs to still be your avatar pic. . .
I haven't been around long enough to be aware of the event. . .  
Yep. Definitely. Already been said.

NOBODY here thought it was funny.
More likely lots of people (including yourself) didn't think it was funny.  But in a community this size, I have to believe that there were at least a few people with a sense of humor similar to mine who would have found it pretty entertaining. I have a difficult time believing that NOBODY thought it was funny.  Did you poll everyone to make sure?

Like I said in another post, the only person who would keep an avatar like that live is someone who was responsible for part of the hack.
You can say it all you want.  Doesn't make it true.  I'm thinking of uploading a Cosby avatar for myself right now, and I hadn't even heard of bitcoin yet back then, so I certainly wasn't responsible for the attack.

NOBODY else was like "oh hey, they changed my av and changed my password and put all my bitcoins at risk, I'm gonna keep it! It's so funny!"
If I was here then, I probably would have.  If I would have, it's only reasonable to assume someone else would as well.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 10:37:41 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2012, 11:05:53 PM by repentance

Well you weren't a member here at the time.  NOBODY here thought it was funny.  Like I said in another post, the only person who would keep an avatar like that live is someone who was responsible for part of the hack.  NOBODY else was like "oh hey, they changed my av and changed my password and put all my bitcoins at risk, I'm gonna keep it! It's so funny!"

Fuck you're a moron.  They never had access to the database to change people's passwords.  'The whole thing was done by injecting code to run a script.

Bitcoin prices had already crashed dramatically well before the Cosbycoins episode.

Do you also melt down in the presence of pirate avatars?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
heatstroke

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 11:43:11 PM

So in summation:

Pirate creates an enormous ponzi scheme, steals a shitload of bitcoins, collapses most other ponzi schemes & investments:  Oh well, free market, whatcha gonna do? If we're nice, maybe he'll give them all back!

Avatar representing Cosbycoin, a hilarious 10 minutes of "hacking" demonstrating the weakness of using hastily cobbled together, open source forum software: NOT FUNNY, RUINS THE STELLAR REPUTATION OF BITCOIN, THE CURRENCY OF THE FUTURE!
Yolocoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 07:44:50 AM

NOBODY here thought it was funny.

I thought It was funny.  Speak for yourself.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 11:21:36 AM

Cosbycoin was the best coin.
Desolator (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 01:08:39 PM

Oh really?  Then why did the admins send out a warning e-mail telling everyone to change their passwords?

And no, there truly were zero people here who thought it was funny but most importantly, the moderators and admins didn't think it was funny and they can erase someone's avatar.  GL with that.
Chang Hum

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 01:17:42 PM

Oh really?  Then why did the admins send out a warning e-mail telling everyone to change their passwords?

And no, there truly were zero people here who thought it was funny but most importantly, the moderators and admins didn't think it was funny and they can erase someone's avatar.  GL with that.

Can an Admin please give their opinion if the Bill Cosby incident was funny or not funny so we can settle this matter?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 01:25:12 PM

most importantly, the moderators and admins didn't think it was funny and they can erase someone's avatar.  GL with that.

Your insistence on "rules", "authority" and "submission" is directly opposed to the philosophy behind bitcoin.

Why do you want to destroy the BitCoins?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: