Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:15:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guiminer .5 BTC Bounty for solution! :)  (Read 3779 times)
underminer (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 06:09:25 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2012, 02:41:19 AM by underminer

Hello guys, Looking for a solution to a problem .5btc to the single best answer that helps me fix it.

Running guiminer on windoze I can connect to the bitclockers pool, and slush's pool without problems.  I can solo mine, and I can even connect to a private server to join a pool but for some reason I keep getting kicked off after about 12 hours.  Intermittently I can reconnect but it seems like I have to wait for a few days.

What do you guys think is my problem?  I am mining and getting shares, then suddenly "problems communicating with bitcoin RPC."  I do not believe it is on the end that I am connecting to because of other people are not having problems, just me.  Tongue

**edit** This is what I am mining with:

Llano APU

I don't really want to change how this is all setup right now.  So if you can't figure that out, don't "help" mmmkay?

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
heinz

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 06:12:49 PM

use cgminer, best solution  Grin
underminer (OP)

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 06:19:19 PM

And we have a winner! 0btc awarded.  Don't have time to change my existing--that's why I'm willing to pay for a quick fix.\

**edit** I did find a reason to use the ignore button, first time I thought I'd need it, for the record.

heinz

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 06:20:02 PM

unzip, change value, run it? you'd have it done by now if you listened
Gleamwar

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 08:25:49 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2012, 08:42:00 PM by Gleamwar

If you haven't opened the console, I would do that first. ( Click view, then show console )
Then start your miner and flip to the new tab to see the issues.

So which pool are you mining with?  I was making an assumption but realized you didn't say. Smiley
GUIminer has problems for me on btcguild, gives me an error message when connected to their pools in the US.
Just tested it a few minutes ago and I don't know why that is.
I use cgminer with the same pool and don't have any issues.

Not that I'm telling you to change miners, I just find it odd that the gui has problems whereas the command line does not.

underminer (OP)

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 11:34:32 PM

Console has "probs-02, ... 12,.... 22,... 32 then no more pools, using primary and starting over."  This isn't much more information than what I had already...

hickc

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 12:38:18 AM

I am not using guiminer anymore so I couldn't help you specifically, but I can offer an alternative solution which could be beneficial in the end and after about 5 mins have you up and running with phoenix miner making more mh/s than guiminer can. I have spent alot of time finding the best settings for me for phoenix miner, so if you want I can give them to you, simply download and install phoenix miner, enter the command lines and you will probably be getting much better mh/s, not to mention that phoenix hasn't had any connection issues for me ever using deepbit, slush and 50btc. Let me know if you're interested.
heinz

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 01:05:28 AM

cgminer would of been setup by now....
hickc

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 03:30:46 AM

except that phoenix is better than cgminer...
Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 10:31:46 PM

Bitminters UI looks nicer though Tongue

firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 09:09:52 PM

You'd be better off in the long run using cgm, or anything that you can start from the command line.

I'd look at diablo miner if you don't like the cg interface - and bfg if you do.

k3t3r

Activity: 183

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 09:48:59 PM

Hello guys, Looking for a solution to a problem .5btc to the single best answer that helps me fix it.

Running guiminer on windoze I can connect to the bitclockers pool, and slush's pool without problems.  I can solo mine, and I can even connect to a private server to join a pool but for some reason I keep getting kicked off after about 12 hours.  Intermittently I can reconnect but it seems like I have to wait for a few days.

What do you guys think is my problem?  I am mining and getting shares, then suddenly "problems communicating with bitcoin RPC."  I do not believe it is on the end that I am connecting to because of other people are not having problems, just me.  Tongue

**edit** This is what I am mining with:

Llano APU

I don't really want to change how this is all setup right now.  So if you can't figure that out, don't "help" mmmkay?
have you tried changing the miner kernel.
add new miner and select pheonix as the kernel from the menus at the top of the gui. the pheonix kernel should be in the guiminer directory and it will be selectable from the menu in the guiminer interface. you then have to manually add the pool:port worker name and pass.

edit: i havent used guiminer for a while and i am not at my rig so the instructions are not very clear. sorry.
BitcoinOxygen

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 08:48:44 AM

except that phoenix is better than cgminer...

do you have proof that phoenix is better than CGminer

BTCOxygen PPS Mining Pool 2% Fee  <<<  Join Now
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 02:11:17 PM

Gosh not another one of these, Look, GUIminer is KNOWN to have issues connecting to certain pools, for various pool speficif reasons.
Just stop using it already, GUIminer is kindof desgined for newbies to learn how to start.

Please, Do switch to CGminer and im sure your problem will be gone.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Meatball

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 02:11:35 AM

Yeah, I'm with everyone else on switching to CGminer instead of wrestling with GUIMiner.  With the included readme files and info in the miner's post here, you can figure out the best command line you need and then your done.

You can then just create a simple batch file to run to launch it, shove that batch file in your startup folder and your done.  Just open up notepad, dump in the following text (with your specific pool/user info), and save it as .bat file.

Code:
echo Miner 1 Batch Startup
REM Put your CGminer in this next command line
cd /d C:\BTC\cgminer-2.8.7-win32
REM Enter your pool, user and card configuration here.
cgminer -o http://pool1:port -u pool1UserID -p pool1UserPW -o http://backuppool2:port -u pool2UserID -p pool2PW -o http://backuppool3:port -u pool3UserID -p pool3PW -ID --auto-fan --auto-gpu --gpu-engine GPUOverclockSpeedIfYouWant --gpu-memclock GPUMemoryClockSpeedIfYouWant

What's nice about this approach is once you dial in the right clock speeds you don't have to fiddle with it.  If a new version of CGMiner comes out, just unzip the new folder into your BTC folder and update the cd /d line in the batch to point to the new folder.
kislam

Activity: 74

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 01:11:12 PM

Are you convinced about switching yet?

Seriously, the number of cards you are using suggests you are no casual miner! So please invest some time to try out bfgminer, cgminer or even diablo, phoenix or poclbm. These are all tried and tested miners and will save you a lot of headache down the line once you have found your sweet spot with one of them. cgminer and bfgminer both support configuration files (see the example.conf in the same directory as the miner and edit it, rename it cgminer.conf or bfgminer.conf), which makes it very easy to make changes as you need. you can also make changes on the fly (like adding or disabling pools, changing fan speed or the intensity of the GPU etc.) and then write these changes back to the config file while your miner is running.

Believe me, i have been mining for more than a year and i tried all of them and right now using bfgminer on both linux and windows. once you get it going (which is really not that hard to do), you never look back.

1PMHA7hyqqbcCbjMfwvKT4xEZ81EYasJze
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 02:06:52 PM

Are you convinced about switching yet?

Seriously, the number of cards you are using suggests you are no casual miner! So please invest some time to try out bfgminer, cgminer or even diablo, phoenix or poclbm. These are all tried and tested miners and will save you a lot of headache down the line once you have found your sweet spot with one of them. cgminer and bfgminer both support configuration files (see the example.conf in the same directory as the miner and edit it, rename it cgminer.conf or bfgminer.conf), which makes it very easy to make changes as you need. you can also make changes on the fly (like adding or disabling pools, changing fan speed or the intensity of the GPU etc.) and then write these changes back to the config file while your miner is running.

Believe me, i have been mining for more than a year and i tried all of them and right now using bfgminer on both linux and windows. once you get it going (which is really not that hard to do), you never look back.
This.
I've used Alot of programs too, GUIminer is just a fucking headache, No matter how easy on the eyes it may be.
I use cgminer.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
underminer (OP)

Not for hire.

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 04:15:11 PM

I guess every single one of you can't read?  I *may* be calling it quits in just a few weeks, a simple solution (if there is one) is what I want.

CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 11:54:44 PM

Perhaps you are overclocking your cards too much? Try bringing them down to stock speeds for the next few weeks.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 01:51:52 AM

I guess every single one of you can't read?  I *may* be calling it quits in just a few weeks, a simple solution (if there is one) is what I want.

We read as well as you do. The solution to your problem is simple:  Use a miner that can be started from the command line.

If you don't want to mess with setting it up, try diablominer.
If you'd rather have more control cgminer.

There's your answer (for the nth time).

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: