Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:16:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Declaration of Bitcoin Holdings  (Read 4625 times)
bloods-n-cryptos

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:35:44 PM

When Bitcoin use becomes more widespread I think governments in general will be at a great disadvantage in trying to police and regulate it because of its decentralized nature.

Any information provided in my posts is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered legal advice, but you already knew that.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:20:16 AM

When Bitcoin use becomes more widespread I think governments in general will be at a great disadvantage in trying to police and regulate it because of its decentralized nature.

Yes. Even now, where they have a hold is the exchanges; where bitcoin to fiat and fiat to bitcoin conversion takes place. If bitcoin were to circulate around in the economy, they might have a tough time.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: