Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:37:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] BITINSTANT STILL have a problem!  (Read 1928 times)
Nurburgring (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 08:26:04 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2012, 05:07:43 PM by psy

Hey guys, it seems that Bitinstant responds the quickest here. Charlie, you said my money would be processed by wednesday, then yesterday, and now you aren't responding. Please resolve my problem it's been almost a week now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 09:07:45 PM

Hey guys, it seems that Bitinstant responds the quickest here. Charlie, you said my money would be processed by wednesday, then yesterday, and now you aren't responding. Please resolve my problem it's been almost a week now.

Hey, not sure what order your talking about but who you are. I don't ignore anyone but been out of the office all day.

Please pm me, but I'll respond to your email as soon as I'm home.

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Nurburgring (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 10:54:02 PM

Bitinstant has responded, but another issue has come to be. I wish this problem would finally solve itself
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 12:53:32 AM

Bitinstant has responded, but another issue has come to be. I wish this problem would finally solve itself

Jason, the issue has been resolved. The problem now is your 6th transfer needs to be manually processed.

I ask that you please change the title of this thread. BitInstant DOES NOT have a problem

Because you tried processing orders over our limits by $4000, our system automatically freezes the transfer as you violated our Terms of Service.

Please change the title, it's not fair and very bad for SEO!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

Nurburgring (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 07:35:57 AM

I am not Jason. It's Jenny. And you've cut me short $250. I understand that my order was processed at an earlier time, but with CURRENT conversion rates I've lost money. The LEAST you could do is compensate me. Hell, in the email it even says I am being given FAR less money than I am supposed to receive. Yes, it is a problem, and no, it is not resolved. You guys stopped responding to my emails as soon as I mentioned compensation or a refund.
The_Duke

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 01:42:51 PM

Bump. Curious if and how this was resolved Smiley

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
Nera

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 02:21:00 PM

I have a completely different problem with the same company, I went to do a transaction and it failed originally now when I retry I get "We are sorry but we are unable to accept this transaction at present. Please double check your transaction amount is within limits or try again later." So basically I'm blocked despite never actually getting any bitcoins.

Contact support if you have any queries.

Only I try contacting support and no response, I then spoke to yankee above^ who put me on to someone elses email ad got no reply...

I could understand if I was scamming or something but to be a normal customer and recieve no answer from 24/7 customer service for 2 days then get fobbed off with someone else who doesnt answer - Its really not that hard all they need to do is cancel the block or any previous unfinished transactions and let me pay their company...
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 04:36:21 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2012, 04:47:24 PM by Yankee (BitInstant)

I have a completely different problem with the same company, I went to do a transaction and it failed originally now when I retry I get "We are sorry but we are unable to accept this transaction at present. Please double check your transaction amount is within limits or try again later." So basically I'm blocked despite never actually getting any bitcoins.

Contact support if you have any queries.

Only I try contacting support and no response, I then spoke to yankee above^ who put me on to someone elses email ad got no reply...

I could understand if I was scamming or something but to be a normal customer and recieve no answer from 24/7 customer service for 2 days then get fobbed off with someone else who doesnt answer - Its really not that hard all they need to do is cancel the block or any previous unfinished transactions and let me pay their company...

Nera,

You and I spoke already.

Your issue has nothing to do with BitInstant, it is a bank problem which we sent you the information already. 

We are receiving the following from the bank;

Step 1 of 3. This is the current step of the process.Memorable Q&A
Step 2 of 3.Activate Secure Key
Step 3 of 3.Confirmation

It would seem you need to activate your Secure Key first.

Please log in through PC to the bank and activate the Secure Key.

We answered every phone call, email and PM from you. Why do you say I don't respond?

Also, you are not blocked. We don't block anyone. Just try a different account # or email address, it's likely a cache issue.

Charlie

I am not Jason. It's Jenny. And you've cut me short $250. I understand that my order was processed at an earlier time, but with CURRENT conversion rates I've lost money. The LEAST you could do is compensate me. Hell, in the email it even says I am being given FAR less money than I am supposed to receive. Yes, it is a problem, and no, it is not resolved. You guys stopped responding to my emails as soon as I mentioned compensation or a refund.

Jenny,

We already spoke about this.

You broke our Terms of Service and violated our limits. BitInstant does not guarantee any Bitcoin price, only a USD amount

Moneygram froze all your money because you did $6,000 at one location. It clearly says on our website limit is 2k. Not only did you violate that, but you also did it at the same branch when we write 1k limit per transfer. Please use common sense.

We answered all your emails, calls and PM's, In fact, I just responded to your next email.

Once Moneygram unfroze your funds, the order was processed in the exact same USD amount as you were quoted.

-Charlie

Bump. Curious if and how this was resolved Smiley

Yes, the customers in question are speaking to us every day to resolve it.

We process all orders instantly, unless there is a violation of our limits or our software messes something up, where we pay for the fee.

Nurburgring (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 08:45:24 PM

Charlie,

Clearly you have NO idea what you are talking about. I have told you multiple times that it was two people, me and a friend. He did $1400 while I did $2000. Obviously we did NOT break your ToS. We even went to two separate banks to do our deposits, maximum $1000 dollars per deposit. There is no way in hell we broke your ToS. I emailed you with one account to make it much easier on you guys instead of having my friend email you guys as well. All I've gotten is terrible service and I'm now down $250 dollars. I did nothing wrong, and you guys delayed my coins for more than a week, and have skimped me out on coins on the preface that I "broke your ToS" when obviously I have not. This matter is nowhere near resolved. Stop pulling numbers out of your ass to make me seem like the bad guy.

Edit: I have the receipts to prove my position. I sent them to you guys three times and yet you still say all of this.
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 08:54:46 PM

Charlie,

Clearly you have NO idea what you are talking about. I have told you multiple times that it was two people, me and a friend. He did $1400 while I did $2000. Obviously we did NOT break your ToS. We even went to two separate banks to do our deposits, maximum $1000 dollars per deposit. There is no way in hell we broke your ToS. I emailed you with one account to make it much easier on you guys instead of having my friend email you guys as well. All I've gotten is terrible service and I'm now down $250 dollars. I did nothing wrong, and you guys delayed my coins for more than a week, and have skimped me out on coins on the preface that I "broke your ToS" when obviously I have not. This matter is nowhere near resolved. Stop pulling numbers out of your ass to make me seem like the bad guy.

Edit: I have the receipts to prove my position. I sent them to you guys three times and yet you still say all of this.

Whether BitInstant did anything wrong or not, you're still breaking the #1 rule of Bitcoin: You have expectations. Exchange rates are super-volatile and not everything on the USD side happens as cleanly and instantaneously as the BTC side. If they fulfilled your order and you lost $250 due to exchange rate fluctuations while USD-side banking crap delayed the transaction that's just part of the risk you're taking when purchasing a volatile asset.

Again, I'm not automatically dismissing BitInstant's liability, I don't know the details of your particular case well enough to actually place or even discuss blame, but BitInstant exists to speed up and simplify these transactions, not to guarantee you against losses due to market volatility. If they actually wronged you in some way, feel free to go after them, but if you're just crying because you bought in at price X and in the time it took to complete the buy BTC is now worth < X - JOIN THE CLUB. How do you think those of us who had to go through days-or-weeks-long ACH transfers or Dwolla nonsense to get in or out of the market feel? You've got it good and you're still complaining.

Damn whippersnapper, GET OFF MY LAWN!
Nurburgring (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 08:57:12 PM

Charlie,

Whether BitInstant did anything wrong or not, you're still breaking the #1 rule of Bitcoin: You have expectations. Exchange rates are super-volatile and not everything on the USD side happens as cleanly and instantaneously as the BTC side. If they fulfilled your order and you lost $250 due to exchange rate fluctuations while USD-side banking crap delayed the transaction that's just part of the risk you're taking when purchasing a volatile asset.

Again, I'm not automatically dismissing BitInstant's liability, I don't know the details of your particular case well enough to actually place or even discuss blame, but BitInstant exists to speed up and simplify these transactions, not to guarantee you against losses due to market volatility. If they actually wronged you in some way, feel free to go after them, but if you're just crying because you bought in at price X and in the time it took to complete the buy BTC is now worth < X - JOIN THE CLUB. How do you think those of us who had to go through days-or-weeks-long ACH transfers or Dwolla nonsense to get in or out of the market feel? You've got it good and you're still complaining.

I believe that they HAVE wronged me. I have been buying BTC for quite a while, believe it or not, but not always through bitinstant. Hell, in the e-mail they sent it even says they're giving me 880$ of btc instead of the usual 950ish. And that's 3 separate times. If my transfer was frozen shouldnt they give me BTC according to the current rate since it is processed during this time? And if they are to give me BTC at time A then they should give me as much as the rate is at time A. That's just how I see it.
enmaku

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 08:59:19 PM

Charlie,

I believe that they HAVE wronged me. I have been buying BTC for quite a while, believe it or not, but not always through bitinstant. Hell, in the e-mail they sent it even says they're giving me 880$ of btc instead of the usual 950ish. And that's 3 separate times. If my transfer was frozen shouldnt they give me BTC according to the current rate since it is processed during this time? And if they are to give me BTC at time A then they should give me as much as the rate is at time A. That's just how I see it.

And what if the price difference were reversed? Would you be quietly grinning at your little win or would you be on the forums complaining that they gave you too much?
Nurburgring (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 09:06:01 PM

Charlie,

And what if the price difference were reversed? Would you be quietly grinning at your little win or would you be on the forums complaining that they gave you too much?

That's not the situation we are discussing right now. Maybe I would be, maybe I wouldn't. I don't know why you feel like you have to play the crusader of justice here, but as of this moment I feel like I have been wronged, and that's why I am trying to get them to work it out.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 09:06:50 PM

We even went to two separate banks to do our deposits, maximum $1000 dollars per deposit.

You're lucky their AML software didn't flag you for structuring then.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 09:10:13 PM

Charlie,

Clearly you have NO idea what you are talking about. I have told you multiple times that it was two people, me and a friend. He did $1400 while I did $2000.

Yes, but all your transfers went to the same account.

If it was 2 different people, then you should have sent it to different accounts.

You only sent me the ID of 1 person, so how am I to believe you?

Anyways, as soon as the funds were unfrozen we sent them to you

Nurburgring (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 09:12:44 PM

We even went to two separate banks to do our deposits, maximum $1000 dollars per deposit.

I deposited mine at one and my friend deposited his at another. Would that really get flagged?

Charlie,

When I set up the transfers, it gave me what account to deposit into. I transferred into whichever account that it said to, I have no idea how to transfer it into different accounts.
I would say look at the handwriting on the deposit slips but that is impossible. I would think that bitinstant would reimburse me for the amount I have lost since I did not actually break the ToS. Nowhere did it say that two people can't deposit at the same time.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 09:20:35 PM

I deposited mine at one and my friend deposited his at another. Would that really get flagged?

Charlie,

When I set up the transfers, it gave me what account to deposit into. I transferred into whichever account that it said to, I have no idea how to transfer it into different accounts.
I would say look at the handwriting on the deposit slips but that is impossible. I would think that bitinstant would reimburse me for the amount I have lost since I did not actually break the ToS. Nowhere did it say that two people can't deposit at the same time.

I wasn't talking about bank account, Im talking about Bitcoin Account.

Look at your email to me:

Hello, I deposited a total of $3400 dollars today and have only received
$1000 dollars worth. I have all 4 receipts. $2000 were sent to this email
address and $1400 was sent to a friend's email address.
Please help me
solve this problem, thank you.

Since $3400 is more then $2000..you violated the TOS and had the funds frozen

Once you explained to us that it was your friend who made the deposit (which contradicts your email) we waited a few days until we had the funds, and then released the USD amount to you.

The price went up during those few days.

However, if the price went down and we gave you the same amount of coins, you would complain that you want more coins!

This is why we do not guarantee how many BTC you get, only the USD amount.

-Charlie

enmaku

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 09:23:58 PM

That's not the situation we are discussing right now. Maybe I would be, maybe I wouldn't. I don't know why you feel like you have to play the crusader of justice here, but as of this moment I feel like I have been wronged, and that's why I am trying to get them to work it out.

I'm playing "crusader of justice" because there's something inherently shady about your behavior and accusations and BitInstant, being both an involved party and a respected business lacks my unaligned third-party ability to look at your story and shout "BULLSHIT!"

You only feel wronged because you lost money. Whether you actually were wronged or not comes down to the minutae of BitInstant's ToS, the actual behavior as it occurred and other details that I'm obviously not in-the-loop enough to speak to. What I can speak to is that your FEELING of being wronged is nonsense. You lost money on a trade because of a baking delay. Welcome to the club, grow a pair or go home. I want as many people as possible participating in Bitcoin as possible, you included, but not if you're going to actively run around spreading FUD every time something doesn't perfectly execute precisely the way you think it should and you have to take some kind of loss. In short, your particular brand of nonsense hurts the community, hurts the project and drives people away for no valid reason and your presence is therefore a loss to the community.

Kindly resolve your dispute with BitInstant in private or involving whatever authorities you deem necessary to involve, but don't come shouting about it in the public eye and not expect someone to refer to your behavior as shady, suspicious or to just stand up and shout "BULLSHIT" at the top of our lungs. We don't have too many established and respected Bitcoin businesses and I'll not stand idly by and watch others erode what little infrastructure we have left with FUD.

Now seriously, get the hell off of my lawn.
xTommYx

Activity: 190
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 09:24:25 PM

sometimes the errors are so simple but problems are so complicated to resolve :/
Nurburgring (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 09:33:51 PM

Charlie,

I wasn't talking about bank account, Im talking about Bitcoin Account.

Look at your email to me:

Hello, I deposited a total of $3400 dollars today and have only received
$1000 dollars worth. I have all 4 receipts. $2000 were sent to this email
address and $1400 was sent to a friend's email address.
Please help me
solve this problem, thank you.

Since $3400 is more then $2000..you violated the TOS and had the funds frozen

Once you explained to us that it was your friend who made the deposit (which contradicts your email) we waited a few days until we had the funds, and then released the USD amount to you.

The price went up during those few days.

However, if the price went down and we gave you the same amount of coins, you would complain that you want more coins!

This is why we do not guarantee how many BTC you get, only the USD amount.

-Charlie

What I don't get is why the emails clearly stated that I received 881$ of BTC instead of 950$. If it was frozen while processing, shouldn't it say that I have received 950$? And shouldn't you re-process to ensure that the customer is receiving the correct amount of BTC, so they don't get more or less than they should? You have to manually process it anyways, do you not?

enmaku, I get where you're coming from, seriously I do. If resolving it in private worked, I would be doing that right now. But they've stopped responding to my emails 2 times so far, and each time I come onto the forums they respond. I take it back to emails, and what do you know, they stop again! I'm not one to start a shit-flinging contest, especially if it has to do with a business' well-being, but I DO feel wronged and from what I've seen in the ToS, I didn't violate it at all. Your bitch mode rant wont stop me from working this out til the end.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: