Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:26:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we as a community support development towards a better forum marketplace?
Yes, why not?? - 9 (75%)
No (explain please) - 3 (25%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] For a revamped forum marketplace, discuss the implications.  (Read 623 times)
vokain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 02:27:26 PM

Seeing as how a lot of trade goes on in the marketplace forums already, I think it would be very beneficial for everyone involved (moderators included) to put some effort into upgrading the marketplace forums we have to make it more conducive to trade, things like the reputation system integrated and possibly a built-in optional escrow system for unproven seller/buyers (with say, <=0.5% house cut to support the site and other worth bitcoin ventures) if we can figure out security? Scamming would thus be limited.

I do like head-fi.org's way of how they did their marketplace forums. I'd suggest implementing WoT but I believe it's subject to outside manipulation and it's just better to keep reputation in-house and limited to archived public transaction pages.
http://www.head-fi.org/f/6550/headphones-for-sale-trade

Discuss? This could be a boon for bitcoin commerce and our personal community too, as I think it's better than anything else offered. Silk Road operates like this I believe, except nothing is archived, trust can be forged due to its anonymous nature, and the operators take a huge cut off their niche market. Its nature also prevents it from being anything more than a hidden black marketplace. However, it works, and their marketplace is flourishing because they fulfill a demand no one else can't. We're in that sort of position as well. I'm inclined to believe this site operates only for the good will of bitcoin (in regards to the moderators and administrators that are responsible for keeping this site running) and that this sort of charitable character in charge is what is vital towards building and maintaining a free market.  This forum is the hub of all Bitcoin talk, why not link those identities to trade and start off with something other sites don't have, a community? This will be a great step away from the Pirate Savings & Trust debacle and taking reasonably responsible steps to take care of all of us early adopters that take the first risks into this currency?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: