Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:47:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Coincer: The Decentralized Cryptocurrency Exchange  (Read 4074 times)
dinnerforfive

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:03:23 PM

whats the status on this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Araudan

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:14:22 PM

Very nice project ! Good luck Smiley
xHire (OP)

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 12:17:16 PM

whats the status on this?
Oh, you just remined me that I haven't finished my summarizing post on this. Anyway, I don't have much time this nor next month, so there won't be probably anything new happening. Then (in March), I'm going to focus on improving P2P layer, communication protocol and probably also refactoring trading, because I need to extend it a little bit, but its current state isn't very nice. You can also expect another testing session. :c)

Very nice project ! Good luck Smiley
Thanks! Smiley
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 12:22:21 PM

Seems we are doing very similar things: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1340621.0 (also based upon TierNolan's basic idea but reworked to use CLTV with P2SH so no malleability issues and txs should be considered as "standard" for both Bitcoin and Litecoin now).

If you would like to use some of the CIYAM code to get your implementation using CLTV and P2SH you would be welcome to (also feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss it).

Also if you are doing a GUI then with some very minor tweaks you could get it to work with AT blockchains as well (Qora and Burst) as they have supported ACCT for a long time now.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
xHire (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 01:32:38 PM

Seems we are doing very similar things: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1340621.0 (also based upon TierNolan's basic idea but reworked to use CLTV with P2SH so no malleability issues and txs should be considered as "standard" for both Bitcoin and Litecoin now).
CLTV is one of the things I have in mind when I write about extending the trading part of Coincer. Smiley On the other hand, I'm not going to completely abandon current approach. But maybe you know more than I do about current malleability issues in Bitcoin? Because as far as I (think I) know, there shouldn't be anything that could affect this atomic protocol. With BIP66, all parts of BIP62 should be fixed (except those where the malleability comes from ECDSA signatures, but those aren't relevant here as it's the sender who strives for the txid remaining the same and no one else could be affected).

Also if you are doing a GUI then with some very minor tweaks you could get it to work with AT blockchains as well (Qora and Burst) as they have supported ACCT for a long time now.
I'll definitely have a look at both Qora and Burst. :c) Although a GUI has a low priority for me, it still is on my ToDo list and eventually will be implemented.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 01:45:42 PM

With BIP66, all parts of BIP62 should be fixed (except those where the malleability comes from ECDSA signatures, but those aren't relevant here as it's the sender who strives for the txid remaining the same and no one else could be affected).

I think the main issue would be if the forked alt has not updated its tx signing code (as the sender's txid could be changed without their knowledge).

By this I am referring to the low S values issue which I patched for CIYAM here: https://github.com/ciyam/ciyam/blob/master/src/crypto_keys.cpp#L531

Other than that I think that using P2SH (rather than the original multisig) is just a neater approach (it probably doesn't alter the workflow though).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
xHire (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 02:00:11 PM

With BIP66, all parts of BIP62 should be fixed (except those where the malleability comes from ECDSA signatures, but those aren't relevant here as it's the sender who strives for the txid remaining the same and no one else could be affected).

I think the main issue would be if the forked alt has not updated its tx signing code (as the sender's txid could be changed without their knowledge).

By this I am referring to the low S values issue which I patched for CIYAM here: https://github.com/ciyam/ciyam/blob/master/src/crypto_keys.cpp#L531

Other than that I think that using P2SH (rather than the original multisig) is just a neater approach (it probably doesn't alter the workflow though).

Yes, I try to keep this in mind. Before including an explicit support for an altcoin, I'll have to make sure that it meets certain requirements (like supporting CLTV or non-malleability or possibly something else). Moreover, there also might be altcoins that use different hash functions or generally script encoding which should also be taken into account.

But honestly, I don't expect too many of them to include needed features. Wink
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 11:10:31 AM

xhire ...

what a great project ...

why dont you add it to git - so those who are interested could help Wink ...

#crysx

xHire (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 11:41:58 AM

what a great project ...
Thanks! Smiley

Well, if you go to Download, there's a link under "Source Code" leading right to the git repository! Cheesy
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 01:10:12 PM

what a great project ...
Thanks! Smiley

Well, if you go to Download, there's a link under "Source Code" leading right to the git repository! Cheesy

kool - and tanx ...

bitbucket ... i use github ...

but nonetheless - this is a very good looking project ...

tanx mate ...

#crysx

xHire (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 01:21:22 PM

Of course, I'm a fan of decentralisation. Grin
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 01:44:23 PM

Of course, I'm a fan of decentralisation. Grin

hahaha ... and you are a funny bugga ...

nice one ...

im off to bed now ... cant wait to see what the working product might look like ...

#crysx

CB_project

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 10:33:52 PM

after the fall of cryptsy - decentralized exchanges are the futur.
Bice project
TroySmith

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:01:26 AM

Very interesting project. Assuming the platform is stable can it be a safe place to store coins as well as trade?
xHire (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 11:08:06 AM

Very interesting project. Assuming the platform is stable can it be a safe place to store coins as well as trade?
Well, some people suggested that it might be good to implement simple wallets for the coins and connect directly to the coin's networks, but it seems to me to be needlessly complicated. So far I prefer to connect to other clients, that provide wallet functionality, via their API. Currently, I already have some support for bitcoind-like API and would like to add support for Electrum and possibly other clients as well.

It should be pretty safe way of trading, although probably not the cheapest and definitely not the fastest (because it's happening on blockchains so one has to wait for confirmations).
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 04:44:19 PM

I like the project but the name, not so much. Following....
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: