Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:21:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations BadBear  (Read 1493 times)
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 09:33:35 AM

Congratulations Badbear Smiley

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 11:56:33 AM

Thanks Smiley. I don't spend a lot of time on reddit, I mainly use it as a newsfeed. I don't find it very good for actual discussion. I hadn't seen those threads til they got linked here, surprisingly sane and rational, for reddit. Though I don't think there's a lot of crossover between reddit users and forum users. which is what drives most of the complaints.

I do think I'm pretty good at what I do. I had my doubts about being an admin, but I think I've stepped up and done well.

As for it being nepotism, we're not friends (not for any specific reason, we just don't really talk about things non-forum related), certainly not relatives. Colleagues would be a much more accurate description.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 12:55:24 PM

I don't like how reddit is being moderated by the exact same people as bitcointalk.
Not that I would use reddit anyway, but I doubt that it's good for the bitcoin community.

Most of all, I do believe that it would be in the best interest of bitcointalk if its mods were concentrating on it alone and not be distracted by other forums.
We already lack moderation in parts of the forum and complaints about recovery of accounts seem to indicate that there's more manpower needed for this task.

Then again, for you personally reddit may be a nice distraction from what you have here, so congratulations anyway. Roll Eyes

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:55:39 AM

Thanks Smiley. I don't spend a lot of time on reddit, I mainly use it as a newsfeed. I don't find it very good for actual discussion. I hadn't seen those threads til they got linked here, surprisingly sane and rational, for reddit. Though I don't think there's a lot of crossover between reddit users and forum users. which is what drives most of the complaints.

I do think I'm pretty good at what I do. I had my doubts about being an admin, but I think I've stepped up and done well.

As for it being nepotism, we're not friends (not for any specific reason, we just don't really talk about things non-forum related), certainly not relatives. Colleagues would be a much more accurate description.
Good for you. I am sure that there is no conflict between here and reddit. You have a lot of experience with Bitcoin and have done us a great service as administrator.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:56:30 AM

Congrats Badbear.

I'm surprised TF hasn't already accused you of being Theymos alt LOL

~BCX~
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 04:49:58 AM

I might be late but congratulation BadBear. I have never had a direct conversation with BadBear on the board but I know he is a good and active user of this board. It is good that he became one of the newest moderator or /r/bitcoin.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: