Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:04:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What free disaster training would you attend?
Medical procedures - 5 (62.5%)
How to make a preparedness kit/plan for your family - 2 (25%)
How to volunteer in a massive emergency - 0 (0%)
Information about types of disasters - radiological, pandemic, natural... - 1 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any prepers here who want training?  (Read 1022 times)
RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 04:18:35 PM

I am training this weekend with the medical reserve corps i'm part of. There is a big push right now to bring training in personal preparedness to a general audience. I'm going to be developing and presenting some of these workshops and establishing resource lists. One untapped well of resources are the prepers that now are a thing. Unlike the "survivalists" of a couple of decades ago, these people tend to be a bit more realistic and useful.

So are you a preper? If so (or not) what sort of free training would you attend?

Here is what i'm doing today.  Giving sutures to a poor piggy.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Taz

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 11:48:37 PM

Did he survive?
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 04:50:43 AM

I'm not sure, but I think suturing wounded limbs is only helpful if the limbs in question are still attached to the patient. I had the same problem with those CPR dummies that consist of nothing but a head and torso. I'm pretty sure if a guy has no pulse and isn't breathing after being totally dismembered, any resuscitation efforts are unlikely to be fruitful. Strangely, nobody else in the class seemed to see the logic of my objection. But in the end, I was right. The dismembered dummy never regained consciousness. Cry

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 05:08:22 AM

Roll Eyes
lol you trolls!
well done  Wink

Blind

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:20:18 PM

I am a preper, currently taking desensitization course from r/spacedicks.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 02:17:16 PM

I knew you guys would have some funny responses.  Cheesy

So, medical training is the #1 answer so far (among my limited options). That is a logical choice. In a really large scale event there will be a need for such skills that is well beyond the supply. This is also consistent with what others who are involved in this push have found. Medical training and "shelter in place" training are most requested. It must be the wisdom of the crowd effect, because those are the two the experts would pick. I will only be doing these in my jurisdiction of Dane county Wisconsin. If you want to find out where to attend such classes in your area, good luck. lol, no. It can be hard to find the resources. A few good places to start are...

www.ready.gov/   - a fed website that can direct you to a local resource. It is also a good place to find out about big event simulations like the "shakeout" on Oct.18.

www.coadwi.org/ - There are COAD chapters across the USA. This is the Wisconsin one. You may have to google a bit to find the one in your state. For someone with no particular disaster skills but who wants to help, this can be a good place to volunteer.

www.citizencorps.gov/cert/ - If you want to up your game and get bloody, perhaps a CERT team is what you want.

www.medicalreservecorps.gov/ - Are you a medical professional? You will be greatly needed in a mass emergency. Get involved here!

www.wi1dmat.org/
  - Alpha dogs who can bring there A game might consider joining a DMAT team. These are by state so you may need to google. Here is Wisconsin's DMAT website. You will need to have medical / disaster qualifications and be able to be deployed anywhere in the world for risky operations. 
Let me know if you have trouble finding local resources. Or want specialized training such as counter terrorism, financial resilience in disasters for business, animal sheltering in disasters, ... many others.   

P.S. Piggy made a full recovery and is now outfitted with a alloy/ composite prosthetic foot.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: