Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:30:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: About Vod  (Read 4441 times)
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 02:14:10 PM

I think that both of them have stepped over the line. One party has threatened to sue and now the other party is hunting him back. Honestly I expected something like this. I've been telling someone that this situation will escalate further, which it did.
I said it was a possibility that legal action would be taken if he did not stop libeling my reputation. Him calling me a scammer (which is untrue) would cause people who I have traded with to release my information to scammers, which appears to have happened considering that someone gave up the return address that I have been using to send packages to several people, an address I can't receive mail to.

The way things are going he is probably going to be facing action from that Cody guy, possibly from CVS and maybe worse.

I was able to find multiple social media profiles of what appears to be the person he released information on and it appears to be a real person.
The issue is how does he know 100% that that guy is QS?
Good question.
He was tricked by someone into thinking that was me and he did not do proper research.

You can't sue anyone for calling you a scammer. Has he threatened you or blackmailed you? Also, it seems you both don't belong to the same jurisdiction which makes your claims of suing him completely invalid. I really dint expect Vod to do such an immature thing after you threatened him. It doesn't make Vod nor you look responsible as you both are making a personal attack on each other.

Also, if your personal address is revealed, what's going to happen?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 02:25:49 PM

If my personal address/identity is released then anyone who I have stolen from can pursue legal action against me. Considering that the list of people that I have stolen from is empty this is not a reason to release to release the personal information of someone.

It is also possible that people that are upset that I prevented from being able to steal from others would make attempts to harass me.
Brad Harrison

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 04:57:37 PM

Also Vod is on probation, he was gone for a few months back because he was in jail

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 05:14:01 PM

Also Vod is on probation, he was gone for a few months back because he was in jail

Roll Eyes

If that was true, you'd be all over it, posting links and facts and everything.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 05:22:23 PM

If my personal address/identity is released then anyone who I have stolen from can pursue legal action against me. Considering that the list of people that I have stolen from is empty this is not a reason to release to release the personal information of someone.

It is also possible that people that are upset that I prevented from being able to steal from others would make attempts to harass me.

I can understand your fear but while being on the internet, it often happens that our personal information gets leaked. If not Vod, someone else can trace you or anyone and not even disclose their name. Who will you sue in that case and do you think it's worth the effort? It's only those scammers who can cause any harm but they also wouldn't care unless some of them have criminal minds to harass anyone.

Looks like Vod wants to close this matter here and I hope you too do the same. This forum can be peaceful again then Smiley

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 05:27:55 PM

It's only those scammers who can cause any harm but they also wouldn't care unless some of them have criminal minds to harass anyone.
Well considering that they are attempting to steal from others, I think it would probably be fair to say that they have criminal minds.

I am not entirely sure how, however I suspect that some people would be able to harass others without their identities being revealed so the threshold for them deciding to harass someone who they believe stopped them from being able to steal from others would be lower.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 05:30:54 PM

Looks like Vod wants to close this matter here and I hope you too do the same. This forum can be peaceful again then Smiley
(I see you ninja edited your post). I have said multiple times that I want my reputation to stopped being libeled by Vod.

No matter what happens, I highly doubt the forum will be peaceful, that just don't happen here.

The drama meter here has been through the roof recently, even to the extent that the servers crashed because of the sole reason that there was too much drama.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 08:15:33 PM

Vod did in my opinion went a bit too far with this issue, but in the end he also said to be a bigger man and stop further pursuit. So i don't think threads like these are necessary anymore.
There are many other people that are far bigger problem than QS imho. We should leave this behind us and move forward.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 08:20:24 PM

Vod did in my opinion went a bit too far with this issue, but in the end he also said to be a bigger man and stop further pursuit.
You do realize that the damage is already done right? Assuming that he really sent that email, I do not doubt that Guy's boss will see it even if no supporting information was provided and Vod does not follow up with CVS.

Also it is not difficult to find a real person based on what Vod released so anyone that does not believe that I am not that person, and wishes to harass/harm me would easily find that person.
Quickscammer

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 08:22:27 PM

Vod did in my opinion went a bit too far with this issue, but in the end he also said to be a bigger man and stop further pursuit. So i don't think threads like these are necessary anymore.
There are many other people that are far bigger problem than QS imho. We should leave this behind us and move forward.

like people that receive stolen bitcoins and see no problem with it, and may be teamed with people that stole 1000's of BTCs in the past.

Very interesting indeed. Good find. Checks out. Haven't looked into the other addresses.

20 BTC from "TF" to "Quickseller" --> https://blockchain.info/tx/7547d946f9f622692d845bec3c220cbf323ee3750dd21632fce90ec03ba431ed
https://blockchain.info/address/1JNZgYxgsrUnwoCGZqSKGqpbUoxewyCxsn --> https://blockchain.info/address/12QTQnVtCQpFfaKnXwG1cfDmzJeJbj18zA --> https://blockchain.info/address/1CgD88HMPcBSQ3C5ykLEWFiCJpJ1jryBFg (HASHIE ADDRESS) / https://blockchain.info/address/1FGzuz2E6u1kh4h9DcjR4Z2rfJSoGfiiC3 (HASHIE ADDRESS)

http://justpaste.it/hashie

https://i.imgur.com/ZCIvYoB.png

https://i.imgur.com/dLipkD9.png

https://i.imgur.com/YdtpleU.png

https://i.imgur.com/Oscd6yI.png

https://i.imgur.com/XoZs7yu.png

https://i.imgur.com/GIufjqC.png

Never mind who is really behind the TF forum account for the moment. Quickseller -- how are you gonna rationalize holding onto these coins?

Funny, I always thought that Quickseller = TF was a more plausible explanation than TF blindly sending Quickseller 20 BTC to carry out a blatantly frivolous lawsuit. Wouldn't that be interesting?

If so, that would be a 100% legit reason to DOX Quickseller.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 08:25:54 PM

Well based on the above post, I think it is fairly clear that Vod has not dropped the issue, although it may not be Vod that created the quickscammer account even though it matches what Vod has been calling me for well over a week.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 08:57:36 PM

Well based on the above post, I think it is fairly clear that Vod has not dropped the issue, although it may not be Vod that created the quickscammer account even though it matches what Vod has been calling me for well over a week.

I based my assumption on this :

QS is clearly not going anywhere, despite his promises to the community.   Undecided

I'm going to be the bigger man and step away from this one.  I accomplished what I wanted.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1182937.0

And i still do believe this will slowly be the end of this. This however is for sure wont happen if you two keep provoking one another.
In regards to "damage done" - you cant change what is done, but you can let it be the end of it i guess.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 11:21:00 PM

Removed my trust for Vod
Added a ~ for both Dooglus and jonald for the (in my opinion) bogus feedback.
I think the witch hunt mob did more damage than QS ever did.

I know my feedback does not carry that D1 weight, but this was poorly handled.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 11:22:56 PM

Removed my trust for Vod

Sorry to hear that Blazed.  Sad

I've stopped my witchhunt against the scammer - the community already distrusts him - no need to do more.

I'll sit here and wait uselessly while he doxes and sues me. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:25:34 PM

Are you saying you think that I left bogus feedback for somebody?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Pips

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

If life gives you lemons, make orange juice.

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:26:19 PM

Removed my trust for Vod

I agree. I think Vod's little outbreak has long gone too far. This is ridiculous and I do not trust a few members that I used to trust before this.

And you can hardly call this a witch hunt; it's more like a beating of an innocent person.

Sorry to hear that Blazed.  Sad

I've stopped my witchhunt against the scammer - the community already distrusts him - no need to do more.

I'll sit here and wait uselessly while he doxes and sues me.  

I think you reacted far more than he ever did. But that is simply my opinion.

If life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave them wondering how you did it.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 11:31:08 PM

Yeah, the feedbacks left for tspace to me were not appropriate in my opinion. I do not agree with offset feedbacks or trust for a useless loan. Not like I am saying you are a scammer...just I do not trust your feedbacks. Same thing for Jonald...he had left 3 feedbacks last I looked. When you are in the DT network you should be more careful with feedbacks left.  

Also going to review my feedbacks for QS.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 12:15:08 AM

Yeah, the feedbacks left for tspace to me were not appropriate in my opinion. I do not agree with offset feedbacks or trust for a useless loan. Not like I am saying you are a scammer...just I do not trust your feedbacks. Same thing for Jonald...he had left 3 feedbacks last I looked. When you are in the DT network you should be more careful with feedbacks left.  

I understand re. the loan to tsp, but my 2nd feedback was precisely following theymos' recommendation about how to deal with a "border negative" that I disagreed with:

- If you disagree with the border-negative, leave a positive rating responding to the negative, even if you already have a positive rating for that person. Don't delete your old rating. You should also consider excluding the inaccurate-rater from your trust list.

I didn't go as far as to remove Wardrick from my trust list since I've not yet seen anything from theymos about whether the account was hacked or not.

But fair enough. If you feel that my feedback for tsp brings my trust feedbacks into question then it's only right that you strike me from your trust network.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 07:55:12 AM

While I understand your position I dont think that the rating by doog makes all past ratings bad or untrustworthy. It is (see doogs quote of theymos) an option given by the current trust system implementation. I personally dont like it, because I feel it will result in arguments on someones trust list.

If you feel that the ratings by doog and jonald are enough to remove them from your list, whats your opinion about the ratings left by Vod and favdesu?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
BOjangle

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:07:48 AM

While I understand your position I dont think that the rating by doog makes all past ratings bad or untrustworthy. It is (see doogs quote of theymos) an option given by the current trust system implementation. I personally dont like it, because I feel it will result in arguments on someones trust list.

If you feel that the ratings by doog and jonald are enough to remove them from your list, whats your opinion about the ratings left by Vod and favdesu?

Maybe so. But when people be abusin (default) trust, leaving bullshit feedback with no evidence that's a consideration too.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: