Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:05:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What to do with the SC Single ($1299)
Keep it at 60Ghash - 32 (45.1%)
Update the firmware to 65Ghash - 39 (54.9%)
Total Voters: 71

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition: BFL SC Single should be 65Ghash and not 60Ghash  (Read 10479 times)
squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:29:01 PM

And if I put up a poll asking if people would rather have the Single SC have 100 Ghash, I'm pretty sure 100 would get more votes than 60. I'm not sure what that proves.

I also had no idea that there was any difference between Walmart and BFL. I planned on purchasing all of my ASIC devices through Walmart at 12:01AM on Tuesday.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ice_chill (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:54:07 PM

And if I put up a poll asking if people would rather have the Single SC have 100 Ghash, I'm pretty sure 100 would get more votes than 60. I'm not sure what that proves.

I also had no idea that there was any difference between Walmart and BFL. I planned on purchasing all of my ASIC devices through Walmart at 12:01AM on Tuesday.

To have 100Ghash would not only be impossible as it would require every ASIC chip to do 1.2Ghz, and the maximum it can do is 1Ghz according to BFL, but also illogical as it would make other BFL products uncompetitive.

There is actually logic behind what I proposed, and it is to retain the original price structure of: The more you pay for a product, the more value per dollar you get", this is how it was until the LITTLE Single broke it.
Jack1Rip1BurnIt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Trust me, these default swaps will limit the risks

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 09:11:14 PM

Just when I think I've heard it all...I read through the bitcointalk forum posts.

Successful trades with bels, misterbigg, ChrisNelson, shackleford, geniusboy91, and Isokivi.
squeept

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 09:12:24 PM

To have 100Ghash would not only be impossible as it would require every ASIC chip to do 1.2Ghz, and the maximum it can do is 1Ghz according to BFL, but also illogical as it would make other BFL products uncompetitive.

There is actually logic behind what I proposed, and it is to retain the original price structure of: The more you pay for a product, the more value per dollar you get", this is how it was until the LITTLE Single broke it.

What are you missing here? If I poll people if they would like more Ghash for free, they will say yes. That in absolutely no way proves any point you're trying to make.

I also don't give the slightest shit if their "price structure" is off by a few dollars. You don't know why their price points are where they are, and they have no obligation to explain it to you. If their product isn't priced to your liking, don't buy it. That's how it works.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 09:12:49 PM

BFL Josh just denied your peition on the grounds that they "aren't prepared" to do that.

He unfortunately didn't find the redundancy aspect to be a good enough reason.

Quote: BFL_Josh (Inaba)
Sorry ice_chill, but I the redundancy issue is not really a factor with 99% of the people purchasing the devices. The other benefits to a 60 GH/s single unit vs 2x 30 GH/s unit far outweigh the hypothetical redundancy issue. (Less power consumption, less space, less heat, less material, etc...)

It simply makes no economic or efficiency sense to order two little singles vs 1 Single SC. While I'm not devaluing your desire to have two, for any reason you feel is relevant, it's just not something we can accommodate at this time. We will keep it under advisement for the future though.

Statistically, it's a wash... you have half the chance to lose your full hashrate as you would with one unit and 2x the chance to lose half the hashrate and it's more than likely you'll end up losing money in the long run with 2 units vs 1 unit, since you'll incur more overhead operating two units over the lifespan of the units. The redundancy factor might appear to be valid when you don't examine it closely, but if you work out the math, it simply doesn't make sense. You're effectively just buying insurance and paying a premium for no particular reason other than piece of mind. I'm not saying that's not valuable to some people, but it's not something we are prepared to offer right now.

You can also look at it this way: You're still getting 20 GH/s for free, since you paid $1299 for 40 GH/s... so you're getting 2/3 of a Little Single for free.

Link: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showthread.php/136-Petition-to-stabilise-price-structure-of-BFL-ASIC-hardware?p=1843&viewfull=1#post1843

BFL customers will only get 60Gh/s at this time it seems.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 09:18:45 PM

Everyone who voted for a raise in Gh/s should contact them to see what they would willing to do for their customers.

http://www.butterflylabs.com/contact/
bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 09:27:40 PM

And while you're at it, ask for a raise to 75Ghash, or maybe 85 Ghash ... You know what? Fvck it! Let's ask for 100 Ghash! Everybody loves a round number, right?

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
squeept

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 09:30:39 PM

I'm mad as hell! I paid for 40 Ghash. I'm not getting what was advertised. I DEMAND that the number be lowered back to the original spec!

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 09:31:44 PM

To above 2 posts, if you look at the poll, you see it's not just me, many people agree with the idea.

Also there is a big difference between Walmart and BFL.

Walmart buys with their own money, then resells a ready product.

The entire BFL company is funded by the Bitcoin mining community right now.

Your poll doesn't match your post; it doesn't ask if it's unfair that the little single is half the price of the big single. It asks if BFL should update the firmware of the single to upgrade it to 65GH/s. Everyone who's ordered a single would agree with that even if they think the reasoning behind your post is moronic.
squeept

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 09:37:52 PM

To above 2 posts, if you look at the poll, you see it's not just me, many people agree with the idea.

Also there is a big difference between Walmart and BFL.

Walmart buys with their own money, then resells a ready product.

The entire BFL company is funded by the Bitcoin mining community right now.

Your poll doesn't match your post; it doesn't ask if it's unfair that the little single is half the price of the big single. It asks if BFL should update the firmware of the single to upgrade it to 65GH/s. Everyone who's ordered a single would agree with that even if they think the reasoning behind your post is moronic.

Thank you, I was having trouble putting it into words because I was so stupefied by this entire thread.

squeept

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 09:39:14 PM

Everyone who voted for a raise in Gh/s should contact them to see what they would willing to do for their customers.

Are you serious? Is he serious?

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 09:51:10 PM

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 09:57:54 PM

Are you serious? Is he serious?
Perhaps willing customers would pay a premuim in private and get a Modded mining rig for 5 or more Gh/s system?

BFL could call it a "custom ordered unit". Why not at least float them the idea and see if they are willing?

There is a water block option for that reason, I would suppose.

I am no fanboy so I don't have any issues with floating ideas to any company willing to consider these options.

--------------------------

People should never be hesitant to ask a company how far they are willing to go if you can pad their pocket with some extra cash (or...BTC). It would give some an advantage over others and it costs customer something extra. Both parties can get what they want. Hopefully you won't object to the idea of people contacting customer service to propose private modifications to their orders?

Or

Are you objecting to the idea of people contacting BFL to see what they can do for specific customers?
squeept

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 10:11:51 PM

I'm opposed to wasting their or my time over such a trivial amount when their product isn't even in the wild yet. I'd much rather they spend their time making sure there is a timely and proper delivery than responding to a non-issue of a perceived few dollar discrepancy in pricing.

makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 10:13:39 PM

Come to think of it, didn't BFL say that they're having trouble getting enough of the non-ASIC components to ship promptly? I'm sure that offering Mini-Singles at the same price/performance as the Singles can't be helping with that, since the Mini-Single is obviously going to use more than half a Single's worth of components...

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 10:18:52 PM

I like you Unacceptable. (You make a lot of funny points) Just consider that you shouldn't become a fan of any one company. Less so, if you are thinking about joining in to the idea of no longer willing to glean an edge over everyone else receiving their orders.

Personally the bickering on Bitcointalk is pretty funny. I like it when you all argue but sometimes people don't argue over the rational points of interests.

Why hasn't there been any recent talk of one user trying to gain an edge over others? Where is the spirit of competition?

Is everyone happy receiving the same? Why not at least question the status quo of the units you guys are getting? Lets shake things up Wink.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 10:19:35 PM

Come to think of it, didn't BFL say that they're having trouble getting enough of the non-ASIC components to ship promptly? I'm sure that offering Mini-Singles at the same price/performance as the Singles can't be helping with that, since the Mini-Single is obviously going to use more than half a Single's worth of components...

there's no damn thing called a mini-single

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 10:20:31 PM

I'm opposed to wasting their or my time over such a trivial amount when their product isn't even in the wild yet. I'd much rather they spend their time making sure there is a timely and proper delivery than responding to a non-issue of a perceived few dollar discrepancy in pricing.
Well, then you and I are on two different topics.

My interests weren't focused on a ($1) dollars difference.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 11:41:52 PM

I like you Unacceptable. (You make a lot of funny points) Just consider that you shouldn't become a fan of any one company. Less so, if you are thinking about joining in to the idea of no longer willing to glean an edge over everyone else receiving their orders.

Personally the bickering on Bitcointalk is pretty funny. I like it when you all argue but sometimes people don't argue over the rational points of interests.

Why hasn't there been any recent talk of one user trying to gain an edge over others? Where is the spirit of competition?

Is everyone happy receiving the same? Why not at least question the status quo of the units you guys are getting? Lets shake things up Wink.

Thanks!! Wink

I try to see the lighter side of stuff,since life in general is a bitch...............

I'm not so much a fan of BFL,I just think they're offering is better than most.I have purchased from them in the past with minor issues,but nothing was a deal stopper. & will continue to do so in the future.I will also try to spread my money with other companies who's offer is close to thiers (warranty,trade ins,etc..).

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 12:07:01 AM

Hi, this thread is created in response to the new LITTLE SC Single that is advertised as a 30Ghash unit....

No response I've seen to this post tops this:

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: