Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:55:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling BTC for Paypal.  (Read 2021 times)
xinzark
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:17:55 PM

Scammed me of 235usd, do not trust.... Paypal wont refund as i sent as gift.
Maybe you could clearly say who you scammed? whether you started scamm accusation thread? Or you have proof?
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:44:32 PM

Really? You sent $235 to a brand new user?

Any proof of this?
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 12:10:20 AM

An hour after Tomatocage posted the previous to this message this newbie signed up.

...and his first post was to try to buy 50 BTC

I would like to buy 50btc... PM me

... and no previous messages from this newbie in this thread to make contact.

IDK, it *looks* a little sus...  Roll Eyes

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 12:24:24 AM

Yep... and here you are again handing out negative trust / feedback and "suggesting" the user uses escrow - which you have admitted to self escrowing previously.

BitcoinGB1106 -8: -3 / +0   2015-09-16   0.00000000   Reference   PayPal scammer. Insists that you send PayPal first and he will not fund escrow.

I'm confused, so please help me understand this (granted, I did just wake up). How do you interpret my rating with anything remotely resembling a suggestion that he uses escrow (and I'm guessing you're trying to imply that would give me a chance of receiving the job). It clearly states that BitcoinGB1106 will NOT use escrow. I guess I'm confused on how I could have been more clear about it.

You'd be best refraining from giving out negative trust to someone using terms such as "won't escrow" or "use escrow" where you haven't first posted such caution in the thread to the OP where all can see (OP included) that you have first advised the OP of the risk of PayPal (or similar reversible payment methods) and then if the OP rejects the advice slapping a negative might be warranted.

I say might because the OP might not understand the risk involved in using a reversible payment method and reply politely, however, if the OP were to become belligerent in rejecting the suggestion of escrow, then negative trust would be warranted.

Don't forget if you fall off your DT perch, then all your negative trusts become meaningless...

...and I'd like to remind you of my PM reply to your PM to me, I am considering your message to me.

Regards,

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 12:32:43 AM

... lot of Blah ...

Don't forget if you fall off your DT perch, then all your negative trusts become meaningless...

...and I'd like to remind you of my PM reply to your PM to me, I am considering your message to me.

Regards,

Which is why I wrote this

Follow up on tomatocage / extraKrispy ...

I got a message from tomatocage about his transactions and why he used extraKrispy's account which sounds plausible, but have to read further into it, (no mention one way or the other about the self escrowing, but am still reading...

the same day you sent your message.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 03:55:24 AM

An hour after Tomatocage posted the previous to this message this newbie signed up.

...and his first post was to try to buy 50 BTC

I would like to buy 50btc... PM me

... and no previous messages from this newbie in this thread to make contact.

IDK, it *looks* a little sus...  Roll Eyes

Yeah I'm calling BS on that one too. Looks like someone just reg'd it and thought he'd be cute. Turing56, if you sent him PayPal, what was his PayPal address?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 04:17:20 AM

You'd be best refraining from giving out negative trust to someone using terms such as "won't escrow" or "use escrow" where you haven't first posted such caution in the thread to the OP where all can see (OP included) that you have first advised the OP of the risk of PayPal (or similar reversible payment methods) and then if the OP rejects the advice slapping a negative might be warranted.

Absolutely. That's good advise, but in this case, unfortunately moot. He had already been contacted to find out more details of his terms and insisted that the buyer send first and reputable escrow would not be used. And I hadn't realized that you replied to my PM. I'll have to dig back a few pages as I believe it probably got lost in the PM white noise.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: