Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:27:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About the Insert List  (Read 530 times)
alfaboy23 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 05:50:32 PM

Good day!

I don't know if this was already ask, I searched this forum and never found anyone asking or discussing this, but if there is, please give me the link and I will lock this thread.

Here it goes:

Whenever I'm creating a list using the Insert List button from the toolbar at the top of the text box (the one with the 3 blue square dots with 3 lines beside), I am getting this:

Instead of this:

I have to type the codes manually each line.

Is there any other way to create a list without typing the codes manually?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 10:25:55 PM

That is a bit strange. While I'm not familiar with any kind of 'automation' here, whenever I press the button I get the following:
Code:
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
After which it is easy to just type within the lines. What browser are you using?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
zerocharisma

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 02:14:10 AM

Maybe this will help you. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=help;page=post
alfaboy23 (OP)

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 02:58:06 AM

That is a bit strange. While I'm not familiar with any kind of 'automation' here, whenever I press the button I get the following:
Code:
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
After which it is easy to just type within the lines. What browser are you using?
Sorry, I didn't say that I'm doing it the other way around.
I'll typed the list first then highlight the list and clicked the Insert List button, the result is the first image above. Unlike in the other forum (the second image) which is properly arranged/formatted.

Try to create a multi line paragraph highlight it all and click the Insert List button, you'll see.

But thanks for showing the other way: clicking the button first then typing the list.
abacus

Activity: 618

a clockwork miner

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 03:17:10 AM

I did a quick test and can confirm this behaviour.

When you select some rows and then press the list button, all these rows are inserted together in the first list item.
Not sure if it's a bug or just the way this function has been implemented, maybe it's just the latter.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: