Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:04:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE Payment Claims (Announce your payment here)  (Read 44359 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 04:36:10 AM

I really hate that nefario isnt communicating at all. I dont know what he thinks doing this. Its plain stupid to let the rumors spread while he could explain everything simply.

But he is communicating.  He wants the people who got paid double to return the overpayment.   Wink

A lot of people would be better off keeping the overpayment than being able to claim their now worthless shares/bonds from asset issuers so I wish him good luck with trying to get people to honour his request.

Nefario appears to have been taking customer relations lessons from Patrick Strateman.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
capn noe

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 04:41:43 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2012, 04:55:53 AM by capn noe

Does anyone who refuses to pay back the overpayment get the scammer tag?

Nefario, you should start a thread with a list of those that refuse to help.

First post since Sept 26th!
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 04:54:37 AM

So, for anyone reading this who has gotten a double payment, the return address is 1BgPRMk4uaJrohM1T9Cn4Hd9pHaEL6FH5j

It would be better to return the coins without me having to chase you for them.

post of the year
capn noe

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 05:21:32 AM

So i guess I am never getting my coins back since they are in someone else's wallet that is cool.

Stop spreading FUD nobody even believes you.  Roll Eyes
capn noe

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 05:26:13 AM

So i guess I am never getting my coins back since they are in someone else's wallet that is cool.

Stop spreading FUD nobody even believes you.  Roll Eyes

yo your a full member, no link and you posted it in off topic what did you think people were going to say

"I did my due diligence and checked before I posted a reply, therefor "
Beans

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 05:31:52 AM

No they don't, there was a similar issue a while back. They might get on this list though. bitcoin-shitlist.com
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 05:37:11 AM

So would we be right in assuming that no-one's going to authorise any salary payments to Nefario until this mess has been cleaned up and that the business will use its own remaining funds to top-up any shortfall if Nefario is unable to recover all the over-payments?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 05:39:32 AM

So would we be right in assuming that no-one's going to authorise any salary payments to Nefario until this mess has been cleaned up and that the business will use its own remaining funds to top-up any shortfall if Nefario is unable to recover all the over-payments?

Nefario will now get paid when hell freezes over  Smiley

I dont think the amount bitcoinglobal has will cover Nefario's latest fuckup, even without paying him. Of course he will still demand it.....

Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 05:45:18 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2012, 06:01:46 AM by Akka

So, for anyone reading this who has gotten a double payment, the return address is 1BgPRMk4uaJrohM1T9Cn4Hd9pHaEL6FH5j

Just read it.

Should I return the full double payment, or take my 10% out of it?

Wouldn't it be better, to mail everyone who has gotten a double payment with a different address, so you can keep track of returned funds and who will get the 10% remaining?

Or will everyone get them no matter if he returns them and you just hope all people are honest (which the aren't).

I will return the funds, but I don't want to make you clusterfuck even worse (all returns in one address, some minus 10%, some full), so please send out a mail to all accounts with details.

Thank you.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 05:54:48 AM

How much did people get double paid?

dip
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 06:16:57 AM

Of course not, Nefario can say he sent x bitcoins to user Y and user Y can say they never received X bitcoins.  Who is everyone going to believe?

I hope this is enough to get BitcoinGlobal to fire Nefario from the CEO position.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 07:15:53 AM

I received an email on the 15th that 90% of my funds have been returned. As of today I've yet to receive anything.

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 07:30:21 AM

post of the year

Lol. Without the threat (hypothetically, I didn't actually get paid, certainly not twice) I'd return them, but if he's going to be 'chasing' people I would use his coins to cover defense costs (running shoes?) since you are about as likely to get 'chased' if you pay or not, he doesn't know who sends coins to that address.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 07:30:59 AM

I received an email on the 15th that 90% of my funds have been returned. As of today I've yet to receive anything.

They didn't link you to transaction info? Roll Eyes

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 07:40:39 AM

Just read it.

Should I return the full double payment, or take my 10% out of it?

Wouldn't it be better, to mail everyone who has gotten a double payment with a different address, so you can keep track of returned funds and who will get the 10% remaining?

Or will everyone get them no matter if he returns them and you just hope all people are honest (which the aren't).

I will return the funds, but I don't want to make you clusterfuck even worse (all returns in one address, some minus 10%, some full), so please send out a mail to all accounts with details.

Thank you.

In addition, you can't be sure that all double paid users read this thread, but you have the mail address of every user.

And again, I'm not sure if I should return all, or if that was supposed to be the 10% payout and I should only return 8/9 of it.

Also, I'm think that probably not all users will return the double payment and on how this whole closing process is working out, I really fear that it will end in something like:

"As double payments have not been returned, I will now keep the Stock information of those accounts until the funds have been returned."

This resulting in me to have to deal with proofing that I have returned the funds, even if I have currently no way to contact you but through this forum, which you seem to rarely check.

So please clarify and provide an easy Way to keep track of who returned the funds. (Like single Address for each account)

Each account has it's own GLBSE deposit address by the way. Why not use this one?

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 07:49:01 AM

They didn't link you to transaction info? Roll Eyes

No. Did they for others?

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 07:53:25 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2012, 08:08:02 AM by dishwara

Its not that hard to find who has returned & who hasn't.

He has receivers or members bitcoin address.
Just have to compare it with their GLBSE account, if he sent 90% or 180%.
If its 180%, then i assume he will force them to repay by not returning the assets they have in their GLBSE account.

His only reply after ~20+ days, shows some what aggressive & commanding, instead of requesting or asking or begging.

Since he so far didn't repay any asset issuers their bitcoin, & his commanding reply, shows he has some plans.
Maybe he will just transfer all shares & bonds to LEGAL exchange (Bitcoinglobal).
Coz already, most of the asset issuers identity is known, they cant runaway from government to hide their money, if they do anything illegal in respect to assets they issued.

So for asset issuers, the choice will be transfer all the assets in to new LEGAL exchange & continue business or default assets or get back assets.
Asset issuers cant default, coz it will affect their reputation & future.
Also, getting back assets, will affect their reputation & future business & they loose bitcoins (thats why, he didn't repay them).

So, no good/other way, but go in Nefario's way.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 08:07:43 AM

Isn't it necessary to fill out some complicated, intrusive forms and submit copies of your ID to someone you barely know in some other country before waiting a few weeks to receive a refund? I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

No, that was forum members making things up as they went along.

I don't know what you meant by this. Only after the forum outrage and legal threats, those intrusive requirements were removed. You had to submit a mugshot of yourself holding a piece of paper, along with your ID and proof of residence before that.

It only takes a couple of people to send odd amounts to make matching impossible. One could always claim they sent my 90% in pieces.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 08:12:53 AM

It only takes a couple of people to send odd amounts to make matching impossible. One could always claim they sent my 90% in pieces.
He has time & our money. Until, he convinced that they returned, he can hold assets & their dividends.
Or just take the bitcoins from dividends.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 08:16:42 AM

Since he so far didn't repay any asset issuers their bitcoin, & his commanding reply, shows he has some plans.

Probably some evil and convoluted one,like everything he's doing.  But to me, it shows one of the biggest A-holes I've seen in the last years.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: