Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:17:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE Payment Claims (Announce your payment here)  (Read 44351 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 10:12:22 PM

This is handled so unprofessional it's unbelievable.  Undecided

Being unprofessional is almost an unwritten law for operating a Bitcoin business, it seems.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 12:35:18 AM

get no payment no news no asset info from nefario.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 04:37:43 AM

This is handled so unprofessional it's unbelievable.  Undecided

Being unprofessional is almost an unwritten law for operating a Bitcoin business, it seems.

A sad state of affairs, to be sure.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 06:36:32 AM

We know of at least 370 BTC returned by people for sure.
124.84280414 BTC by 17 different people onto a general address.
and 245.7032832 BTC by Zephyr onto an individual address.
Nefario assigns different addresses to different people, which is in accord with popular demand.

These amounts looks like being returned as well:
55.7246187 BTC http://blockchain.info/address/14CQiJAiA5o8go8PWc27BjkNA4v2t7QFEt
37.9993912 BTC http://blockchain.info/address/1AcNDLYUwtDFbUhJLKa5DH7Rw9PKpSy2D7

It sums up to about a half of the double payments. Garr255 cited Nefario saying 3/4 of extra coins are back.
The "honesty factor" is not small and is still growing.

Nefario can give issuers all the data without the assets of the ones who haven't returned the coins.
The 55.72 BTC was mine Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 06:37:17 AM

As I meet him at the Bitcoin conference 2012 and I have been a active user and supporter of GLBSE for over a year Smiley
I am sure he would but it only creates more drama so instead he only updates when there's a official statement to be made.
//DeaDTerra

The problem is that "unofficial" statements through third parties look like weasel behaviour.  We have no way to judge their veracity and it gives Nefario plausible deniability.  He needs to make an official statement regarding when he intends to resume the repayment process.  If 75% of the overpayments have been returned there seems to be no good reason why the repayment process can't be resumed right now - from what we've been told, GLBSE should have enough reserves of its own to cover any remaining shortfall.  For someone who's suddenly so worried about legal consequences, Nefario is acting very stupidly if he believes that he can simply refuse to make further repayments or not put issuers and users in contact with each other until the entirely internal problem of some people not having returned their overpayments is solved. 

This I agree with, he should be more straight forward and more open to everyone.
//DeaDTerra
Decent Relish

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 12:50:38 PM

Due to newbie restrictions I've not been able to post here till now but I've posting on the newbie board here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118724.0

I received a double payment: http://blockchain.info/address/1DV8ntyA7dJZPmq41TXbGmwJK75d1DhGiE

And have returned the excess here: http://blockchain.info/tx-index/30663306/e6c878bbda9d9fe17d23ccff7f5bd86770a685898290d44e3e48fe7705691ec1

Still no news on assets though...
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 08:18:29 PM

After giving information about email and my Public Key some weeks ago, I find this new information on https://glbse.com/:

>>
Claim finished
GLBSE is closed
Please login to get your bitcoin and assets.
Problems logging in? Contacting support?

If you've been having problems logging in (lost your password or two-factor auth) and have contacted support, please be patient. Due to the huge volume of emails coming in I won't be able to address support emails until most bitcoin has been refunded and assets details given out. Once this is done I will address your problem and get your bitcoin and assets back to you.
<<

It was possible to log in with my old credentials. This message came after:

>>
Claim finished
 Your claim has been submitted and will be reviewed. You will be contacted (via the email address you provided) to keep you up to date on the status of your account, we will try to get your bitcoin to you as soon as possible.
<<

This was new to me, perhaps I missed something.

BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 08:23:01 PM

no communication so far.... no funds received .....

Lost 2FA and had started a conversation with nefario before he defaulted. since then no live sign of him!

kneim
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 08:26:40 PM

Another disconcerning point: I use an explicit email address for GLBSE, so only three parties know about it: Me, the provider arcor.de, and GLBSE. This message came shortly:

>>
Subject:
S E. X- P^lC, T U -R:E;S"
"Tsyyc" <XXXXXXXX@arcor.de>
Date:
2012-10-21 00:19
An:  A long list of recipients
<<

I would be interested in the leak, was it GLBSE, the provider arcor.de, or is there another way?

Comment: The email address behind "Tsyyc" is my own email address.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 10:45:44 PM

Another disconcerning point: I use an explicit email address for GLBSE, so only three parties know about it: Me, the provider arcor.de, and GLBSE. This message came shortly:

>>
Subject:
S E. X- P^lC, T U -R:E;S"
"Tsyyc" <XXXXXXXX@arcor.de>
Date:
2012-10-21 00:19
An:  A long list of recipients
<<

I would be interested in the leak, was it GLBSE, the provider arcor.de, or is there another way?

Comment: The email address behind "Tsyyc" is my own email address.

Maybe the list of recipients are a hint? If they are all arcor then you know its them. Or if you want maybe send a couple of them an email stating that you want to find out the source that leaked their emails and ask where they used their email.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Trance104

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 11:00:11 PM

ouch... So due to double payments, I won't be getting my shit back aye?
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 11:03:34 PM

ouch... So due to double payments, which were entirely Nefario's fault, I won't be getting my shit back aye?

FTFY

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 11:08:38 PM

I wonder what the guys mean that log in to claim their funds and get the message their funds are claimed. I doubt they have insomnia and did it before. So what happened? Did someone other claim them? Or is it a bug?

Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 11:42:17 PM

I wonder what the guys mean that log in to claim their funds and get the message their funds are claimed. I doubt they have insomnia and did it before. So what happened? Did someone other claim them? Or is it a bug?

It's just a misunderstanding.  The message says that you've completed the claims procedure - not that your claim has been fully processed.  All the claims procedure comprises is entering an email address and a BTC address - and the message is just saying that you've already done that.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 12:01:53 AM

It's just a misunderstanding.  The message says that you've completed the claims procedure - not that your claim has been fully processed.  All the claims procedure comprises is entering an email address and a BTC address - and the message is just saying that you've already done that.

So you mean they entered the email and address before? I have read it till now the way that they logged in and didnt get the chance to enter this details but instead got the message that their claims are processed right after logging in.
Maybe i misread it only.

Namworld (OP)

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 12:31:03 AM

After giving information about email and my Public Key some weeks ago, I find this new information on https://glbse.com/:

>>
Claim finished
GLBSE is closed
Please login to get your bitcoin and assets.
Problems logging in? Contacting support?

If you've been having problems logging in (lost your password or two-factor auth) and have contacted support, please be patient. Due to the huge volume of emails coming in I won't be able to address support emails until most bitcoin has been refunded and assets details given out. Once this is done I will address your problem and get your bitcoin and assets back to you.
<<

It was possible to log in with my old credentials. This message came after:

>>
Claim finished
 Your claim has been submitted and will be reviewed. You will be contacted (via the email address you provided) to keep you up to date on the status of your account, we will try to get your bitcoin to you as soon as possible.
<<

This was new to me, perhaps I missed something.

^^^ He gave his email and BTC address. Upon relogin, he noticed the claim finished notice.

That's exactly how it should be once you input your details.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 12:34:58 AM

Ok, i overread it. I only wondered because there were similar sounding questions that let me think they werent able to enter their details. But maybe i misunderstood this too. Wink

stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 04:36:38 AM

This non-communication by GLBSE and Nefario is a sign that there can be no questioning of the methods, procedures and rules set by Nefario.  He is acting for his own self interest.  It is his way or no way.  If it is in his own self interest to not release asset holder info then he won't. 

Nefario could have asked for input from his clients and GLBSE partners, but instead he said he would do it his own way and no complaint is welcome.  This is the way people act that overestimate their own competency and is a sign of immaturity.  His stubbornness is the direct reason of the failure of GLBSE and the misappropriation of many GLBSE customer bitcoins.  He is a pariah in my opinion and any future endevours he is involved with should be avoided and boycotted.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 08:02:24 AM

^^^ He gave his email and BTC address. Upon relogin, he noticed the claim finished notice.

That's exactly how it should be once you input your details.
For me it's a big difference. Some weeks ago there was a startpage where I entered email address, BTC address, and if asset information should be forwarded. After entering all information, I thought to have finished all prerequisites.

Now there is a login startpage with other information. Why can I log in? What's their intention? And what about people not yet have entered their BTC address some weeks before?

Namworld (OP)

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 08:07:08 AM

The information on the homepage changed, but since you previously entered your address & email, it will only show that the claim is finished when you login. It's normal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: